Started by slippery dodger, January 18, 2018, 09:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Rossfan on February 06, 2019, 06:35:56 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 06, 2019, 05:19:38 PM
Quote from: Itchy on February 06, 2019, 04:44:46 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 06, 2019, 04:41:28 PM
Plus the Dubs are actually poorly supportered once the bandwagoners fall away

Thats not true, always had great support during the league games that i was at.

Define great support? and take into account the population that Dublin have while doing it.
Must have been 1,500 Monaghans in the Hyde last Sunday.
2.5% of their population.
Equivalent of 35,000 Dublin fans.
No train from Monaghan either

Rossfan

11,982 In Tralee
9,749 in the Prentypark
667 last weekend at Tipp/Fermanagh.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

18k in Croke Park today!

19,927 is the attendance in Croke Park yesterday!

clarshack

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 17, 2019, 10:34:05 PM
18k in Croke Park today!

There were over 28,000 at the Dublin v Tyrone league game at Croke Park 2 years ago.

Farrandeelin

18k in Croke Park today!

You must be over the moon.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 18, 2019, 11:16:07 PM
18k in Croke Park today!

You must be over the moon.

Not in regards the Club final!
But yes, I am happy as regards the Golden Childs home league game!

Redhand Santa

Quote from: clarshack on March 18, 2019, 10:59:41 PM
18k in Croke Park today!

There were over 28,000 at the Dublin v Tyrone league game at Croke Park 2 years ago.

I thought 20,000 was still a fairly healthy attendance given the weather, the fact that it was being portrayed Tyrone had no chance and the fact it was st patricks weekend with a lot of other distractions. I think if you went back to the fixture 4 years ago that was played on st patricks weekend there was only 16/17000 at it.

But I do think the gaa are missing a huge trick on a game like this. They have proved in the past that when they market a match like this and turn it into an event they get huge crowds. Why they didn't try to tie it in with the st Patrick celebrations I can't work out. Have a big parade and lights show after the game and market it properly. You'd have got loads of tourists and people going for the event and it would have been a great pre st patricks day celebration.

thewobbler

Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 19, 2019, 08:32:49 AM
18k in Croke Park today!

I thought 20,000 was still a fairly healthy attendance given the weather, the fact that it was being portrayed Tyrone had no chance and the fact it was st patricks weekend with a lot of other distractions. I think if you went back to the fixture 4 years ago that was played on st patricks weekend there was only 16/17000 at it.

But I do think the gaa are missing a huge trick on a game like this. They have proved in the past that when they market a match like this and turn it into an event they get huge crowds. Why they didn't try to tie it in with the st Patrick celebrations I can't work out. Have a big parade and lights show after the game and market it properly. You'd have got loads of tourists and people going for the event and it would have been a great pre st patricks day celebration.

Or why didn't they just play it in Parnell Park.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: thewobbler on March 19, 2019, 08:43:09 AM
18k in Croke Park today!

I'd imagine with current health and safety you wouldn't get much more than 10,000 in parnell park. So straight away you'd have been turning half the crowd away. I personally think we should be encouraging more people to go to league games not turn them away. If that game on Saturday had been marketed right with an event after the game you could easily have got 50,000 at it.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 19, 2019, 08:49:02 AM
18k in Croke Park today!

I'd imagine with current health and safety you wouldn't get much more than 10,000 in parnell park. So straight away you'd have been turning half the crowd away. I personally think we should be encouraging more people to go to league games not turn them away. If that game on Saturday had been marketed right with an event after the game you could easily have got 50,000 at it.
make it all ticket in Parnell and create a demand for tickets
create a buzz about it
better to have a full 10,000 than a paltry 20k in Croker

Redhand Santa

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on March 19, 2019, 09:23:26 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 19, 2019, 08:49:02 AM
18k in Croke Park today!

make it all ticket in Parnell and create a demand for tickets
create a buzz about it
better to have a full 10,000 than a paltry 20k in Croker

It's still turning away half the crowd. And why not aim to have 50,000 plus at it in croke park by turning it into an event and creating a buzz around it that way? We should be encouraging people to go to games like this not turn them away.

Rossfan

How about making football attractive to watch and we might get 25% more people going to all  games?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Rossfan on March 19, 2019, 09:34:47 AM
How about making football attractive to watch and we might get 25% more people going to all  games?

Football is evolving all the time. There has been plenty of good games in the league this year. And plenty of shocks with the Dubs beat three times. There has been lots of direct football played. Hopefully it continues come the championship.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Rossfan on March 19, 2019, 09:34:47 AM

No, have a mini St. Particks day Parade in Croke Park with fireworks. That will get the crowds out. 50K will come! Do the same the next day. Everybody loves the Club finals on St. Patricks day. Everybody wants to be in Croker to see the romance of the AI Club finals.

Do other sports have sideshows? Why can't we just sell the product? Is there no product to sell anymore?

highorlow

With Galway, Kilkenny and Kerry clubs involved it's no surprise with such a poor support. They hardly get behind their counties.

If a Mayo or Ulster club were in the final you would have a good overall county support backing their clubs.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go