Irish Ferries (the big boats)

Started by J OGorman, February 21, 2011, 09:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J OGorman

Just priced a car with 3 adults / 2 children from Rosslare to France return in July, €996 !! (with the most basic cabin) Sweet jesus. Ferries always this dear? Add on fuel etc..., very expensive trip.

sammymaguire

Was in England there a few weeks ago, €368 went from Dublin to Holyhead. Saturday back again Sunday... Just me and the missus. Steep surely.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

lawnseed

jog can you do a fly/drive. a mate of mine does this for hols all the time he flies out somewhere with the cheapest flights possible and then hires a car and tours around. two years ago he flew to baden baden in germany for about 40euro 2 adults and 2 kids then hired a car he toured south germany switzerland and northern italy worked out very reasonable it was summer co he got alot of cheap hotels near ski resorts. they all said it was the best holiday. 8)
if you want cheaper shipping you need to talk nicely to a haulier; a big one, they have better rates on the boats and perhaps could get you a better deal
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

JUst retired

I have booked a boat ticket for a return through Stranraer in May. The price on Stenna is£209 for car and 4 adults. On the same boat and at the same time through a company called directferries.co.uk I booked For £139.00.How can they justify this? :)

maddog

Do Tesco Ireland do the reward scheme with Irish ferries and Stena ? I use it a couple of times in the year. Basically if you get £100 or rewards when you convert them to travel with Irish Ferries or Stena the £100 becomes £400. If you shop with Tesco or use them for fuel its a nice benefit.

Billys Boots

Quote from: J OGorman on February 21, 2011, 09:30:37 PM
Just priced a car with 3 adults / 2 children from Rosslare to France return in July, €996 !! (with the most basic cabin) Sweet jesus. Ferries always this dear? Add on fuel etc..., very expensive trip.

I last did this in July 2006 - it cost me almost €3,000 then.  Fly-Drive to France in July now costs (for 2 Adults & 2 Children) now costs in the region of €1,000 for 2 weeks, not including fuel, so the ferry prices have dropped to compete. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...