The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Quote from: ziggysego on March 28, 2009, 12:25:31 AM
I did.

Sorry, i've missed it somewhere. Could you explain what the 'fault' is and how Pat Kenny is responsible for this 'fault'.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

You said that we can't say anything against Pat, as we couldn't be good.

1) This is Pat's career
2) Isn't mine or the majority of the people on this board.
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Quote from: ziggysego on March 28, 2009, 12:32:10 AM
You said that we can't say anything against Pat, as we couldn't be good.

Eh? What on earth does that mean, or where did I say that?

I stated that perhaps of going down the red-top route of finding the easiest target, look at who employs and then see where the problem lies with. Pat Kenny does not own the RTE.

ziggysego

Are you this much of a twister in the classroom?
Testing Accessibility

AFS

ONeill must be working from the presupposition that Pat is, and always has been, incapable of being a decent presenter, and therefore the crap job he's been doing for the past decade is the fault of the guys that asked him to sit in the hotseat in the first place. Its a bit like if Mickey Harte picked some poor reserve team player to play midfield for Tyrone tomorrow night. If the guy went on to have a shit game it wouldn't really be his fault, it would be Mickey's fault for not recognising that the guy was out of his depth in the first place.

armaghniac

No but if Mickey Harte put a player in the forwards who was a natural back then the player wouldn't be totally responsible for the outcome.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Maguire01

Quote from: ONeill on March 27, 2009, 11:21:05 PM
Ye are quick to criticise but I'm sure all of you would wilt within 12 seconds with the camera on you.

So perhaps instead of the cowardly attacks on Kenny, assess RTE's decision makers.
What's cowardly about it?

Like the rest on here, i'd admit that i'd be shit presenting the Late Late. But i wouldn't set myself up to do it and take £XX thousand for it. And as that money is paid for by the public, the public are entitled to criticise.

As for RTÉ's decision makers, they have come in for plenty of criticism on this board - check out the GAA 'special' thread.

ONeill

I was once like you Maguire. But recently I saw the error of my ways and have resorted to seeing the positives in all mankind, even beast.

I think you should desist from posting for about a fortnight. Call it a cooling off period. In that time read this board, but my posts only. After two weeks you will have my world forced upon you like a bolt of ligthening that will send waves of enlightenment through to your very fingertips. Good luck and keep in touch.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: ONeill on March 28, 2009, 11:53:07 AM
I was once like you Maguire. But recently I saw the error of my ways and have resorted to seeing the positives in all mankind, even beast.

I think you should desist from posting for about a fortnight. Call it a cooling off period. In that time read this board, but my posts only. After two weeks you will have my world forced upon you like a bolt of ligthening that will send waves of enlightenment through to your very fingertips. Good luck and keep in touch.

Do you need a prescription for those tablets?
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Hardy

Dustin said between this and the grand slam it feels like the recession has legged it.

I predict another outrage will be perpetrated on the old people of Ireland by foisting Norton or some other mincing queen on them, the way they keep  replacing programmes that had Derek Davis and Johnny McEvoy in them with afternoon shows about cookery and arseholes talking about celebrities.

The Book Of Poor Ould Fellas has the lowdown on this sort of stuff. Read it.

carribbear

Quote from: Hardy on March 28, 2009, 01:41:05 PM
Dustin said between this and the grand slam it feels like the recession has legged it.

I predict another outrage will be perpetrated on the old people of Ireland by foisting Norton or some other mincing queen on them, the way they keep  replacing programmes that had Derek Davis and Johnny McEvoy in them with afternoon shows about cookery and arseholes talking about celebrities.

I said pretty much the same thing, wouldnt put it past OrTE to hire someone from a 'minority' background to host the show to demonstrate how culturally diverse we all want to be.

Live at 3 was brilliant wasn't it. It was a show meant for the older people and those feckers in montrose had to take that away from them.
You had knitting patterns and Big tom then all of a sudden they foisted these "females" with testicles (blaithnaid + sheena) and the lezzer nun from big brother bringing along their poncy Celtic new ireland tiger ways where we were too good for a tune from Margo and Charlie Landsborough, instead we had metrosexuals highlighting the latest in male grooming and blokes nail varnish while the women were talking vibrators and jet ski-ing. RTE hasn't really got much of a clue when it comes to programming to be honest, their judgement is fairly poor with their light entertainment and as for thier star shows like the big bow-wow, the clinic etc....as miley would put it...well holy god.

must add, how Ruth Scott ever became a DJ is beyond me.
the country got a bit up itself.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: carribbear on March 28, 2009, 06:01:15 PM
Quote from: Hardy on March 28, 2009, 01:41:05 PM

I said pretty much the same thing, wouldnt put it past OrTE to hire someone from a 'minority' background to host the show to demonstrate how culturally diverse we all want to be.

Live at 3 was brilliant wasn't it. It was a show meant for the older people and those feckers in montrose had to take that away from them.
You had knitting patterns and Big tom then all of a sudden they foisted these "females" with testicles (blaithnaid + sheena) and the lezzer nun from big brother bringing along their poncy Celtic new ireland tiger ways where we were too good for a tune from Margo and Charlie Landsborough, instead we had metrosexuals highlighting the latest in male grooming and blokes nail varnish while the women were talking vibrators and jet ski-ing. RTE hasn't really got much of a clue when it comes to programming to be honest, their judgement is fairly poor with their light entertainment and as for thier star shows like the big bow-wow, the clinic etc....as miley would put it...well holy god.

must add, how Ruth Scott ever became a DJ is beyond me.
the country got a bit up itself.

You're not wrong. RTEs problem is it relies too heavily on formats from other countries that are old hat in the country they bought it from. When it tries something reasonably innovative like that hotel shite well it's just car crash tv. Jesus you've a beaten docket straight away if that Baz fella has any involvement.

Maguire01

Quote from: ONeill on March 28, 2009, 11:53:07 AM

:D

carribbear

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 28, 2009, 07:41:54 PM
Jesus you've a beaten docket straight away if that Baz fella has any involvement.

A turd of the highest order