The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

balladmaker

QuoteThink he's just getting old to be honest. Don't think anyone can expect the same energy from a 70 year old man.

His performance last night can't be blamed on age, as Ulick said, he did look slightly stoned ... it seemed to take him a few seconds to calculate what he was actually being asked.  My father just turned 70 and he'd be alot more switched on than Connolly was last night, mind you, my ould fella hasn't sold out auditoria around the world :-)

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Hardy on December 15, 2012, 01:18:03 AM
I thought we saw the professional death of Billy Connolly tonight and it was sad to watch. After tonight, it's impossible to imagine him bestriding an auditorium  and captivating an audience with wit, cleverness, charm and devilment. Unless he was temporarily indisposed, whether due to narcotic influence or otherwise, he was someone who has crossed the threshold and lost everything that made him vital, interesting and amusing. The real Billy would have taken over the show. This one looked as if he was waiting for his carer to take him back to the home.

Felt the same myself Hardy  kept saying to my better half that he seemed out of it or not interested in been there.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

BennyCake

Maybe Tubs as the interviewer, has to take some of the blame. Billy was on Chris Evans radio show on Friday and he was in great form. I'm not a big fan of Evans, but he brought out Billy more than Tubs did.

Have a listen to the Evans interview on podcast.

Nally Stand

Quote from: All of a Sludden on December 08, 2012, 12:19:00 AM
Quote from: balladmaker on December 07, 2012, 11:48:43 PM
Anyone see the man in the audience turning around and looking directly into the camera, freaked me out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVoigz0Qr9A&feature=player_embedded

After seeing there was another staring-at-the-camera freak on the show last week too, when Billy Connolly was being introduced!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk_-tq8_uKg
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

ziggysego

Quote from: Nally Stand on December 17, 2012, 11:56:57 AM
Quote from: All of a Sludden on December 08, 2012, 12:19:00 AM
Quote from: balladmaker on December 07, 2012, 11:48:43 PM
Anyone see the man in the audience turning around and looking directly into the camera, freaked me out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVoigz0Qr9A&feature=player_embedded

After seeing there was another staring-at-the-camera freak on the show last week too, when Billy Connolly was being introduced!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk_-tq8_uKg

Obviously taking the piss out of the previous one.
Testing Accessibility

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: BennyCake on December 16, 2012, 01:48:30 AM
Maybe Tubs as the interviewer, has to take some of the blame. Billy was on Chris Evans radio show on Friday and he was in great form. I'm not a big fan of Evans, but he brought out Billy more than Tubs did.

Have a listen to the Evans interview on podcast.

In fairness there is some truth to this. Tubridy tends to suck a lot of the life out of interviews. It was especially bad when Jonathan Ross was doing his BBC show as they sometimes shared the same guests on the same night (although Ross was filmed the day before).

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

highorlow

Pat's back for the night. Didn't take him long to get going ... says to the yanks over promoting some film "i was in the cinema on my own at your film and found myself laughing out loud to myself"
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Sandy Hill

Why is the Plank doing the show tonight? He certainly hasn't improved since the last time he was on. I can't stand the way he refers to everyone as a "guy"!

"Stercus accidit"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on February 01, 2013, 09:45:54 PM
Bring back Pat for good.
Had to turn over his interview with Paul Rudd and Judd Apatow. Cringing.

Sandy, Tubs da died.

Hardy

Pat Kenny is the Ger Canning of light entertainment. They both create a spontaneity vacuum in any space they occupy and suck the atmosphere out of every occasion.

Sandy Hill

"Stercus accidit"

5 Sams

I think this clip sums up Kenny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7Adz-ggfNE

A west brit who has no understanding of our organisation. He insults one of the legends of our game by shoving a picture in his face and asks him for an immediate reaction about stuff he (Kenny) knows nothing about. Harte and Dooher were squirming...PO looked like he wanted to give him a box.

A few weeks later he had Paisley on the show and he licked his fcukin arse.

Still makes me seeth.

I better stop there before I get barred.

The Aristocrat Years

balladmaker

He's lickin the arse off Phil Coulter now ... Coulter, great writer, not a great singer