The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Katherine Jenkins could do with a good feed of spuds.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

sammymaguire

There is a few other things she could do with too
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Ulick

End of an era right there. I remember that 25th anniversary show like it was yesterday...

laoislad

Is that Brendan Gleesons son?

Kevin Kilbane was good.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

balladmaker

Billy Connolly seemed to be a little bit dry on it at times ... as if he wasn't interested, or maybe had a few onboard.

Ulick

He looked a bit stoned (ganja) to me.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Ulick on December 15, 2012, 12:02:04 AM
He looked a bit stoned (ganja) to me.
+ 1. He did mention when talking about Dubliners that he knew them in his drinking days, so i dont think he was drinking tonight but he deffo wasnt fully tuned in

Hardy

I thought we saw the professional death of Billy Connolly tonight and it was sad to watch. After tonight, it's impossible to imagine him bestriding an auditorium  and captivating an audience with wit, cleverness, charm and devilment. Unless he was temporarily indisposed, whether due to narcotic influence or otherwise, he was someone who has crossed the threshold and lost everything that made him vital, interesting and amusing. The real Billy would have taken over the show. This one looked as if he was waiting for his carer to take him back to the home.

BennyCake

I just think Billy isn't a good interviewee. Put him on stage with him in control, and you'll see a different side to Billy.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: BennyCake on December 15, 2012, 01:21:43 AM
I just think Billy isn't a good interviewee. Put him on stage with him in control, and you'll see a different side to Billy.

Not true. He appeared on the LLS manys a time  and was great through the years. He is too far removed from his sources now, the docks and back streets of Glasgow are a distant memory to him now.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: balladmaker on December 14, 2012, 11:50:01 PM
Billy Connolly seemed to be a little bit dry on it at times ... as if he wasn't interested, or maybe had a few onboard.

Think he's just getting old to be honest. Don't think anyone can expect the same energy from a 70 year old man.

5 Sams

Quote from: BennyCake on December 15, 2012, 01:21:43 AM

Tubbs didnt help matters with the mundane questions. Parky used to bring the best out in him.
The Aristocrat Years

All of a Sludden

Billy Connolly was a very funny man, but he has become a pretentious p***k over the last decade or so.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Nally Stand

Unfortunately things started going wrong for him long before friday. Wasn't he booed off stage twice in a week at the start of the year. Shame.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore