The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglocelt39

Quote from: Hardy on June 02, 2012, 04:38:36 PM
What? What's the problem? You don't find the dog's expression funny?

If you see it as disrespectful, all I can say is that someone who shows as little respect for herself as she did last night is going to struggle to gain anyone else's.

Probably a score draw between the post and her performance. Was it just the color resolution on my TV was off or were most people on the panel and the audience the victim of a jaundice outbreak? Marty Morrissey looked like he had put in a few shifts in Sellafield without taking adequate precautions. Neeson was ratarsed.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Orchardman

Quote from: ziggy90 on June 02, 2012, 12:32:44 PM
Quote from: hardstation on June 02, 2012, 03:09:49 AM
Quote from: snoopdog on June 01, 2012, 11:52:35 PM
poor enough show alright. same guests year in year out. i see i got pulled for my earlier comment. it may have been a bit harsh but i wouldnt say far off the mark.
There walks a man who doesn't seem to know, care or even understand. Ignorance is bliss.

Didn't see the show last night, but it sounded a decent line up. When people here complain about the same old guests or whatever, who do they really want or expect to see on this show every week?

Main Street

I tuned in to see Horslips and the Philharmonic, turned it off immediately afterwards, fully satisfied.

How did it sound from your place, SS? 

5 Sams

Best comment I saw on twitter.

"Schindler's pissed"  ;D
The Aristocrat Years

nrico2006

Never really listened to any Sinead O'Connor performance before but I never realised how shit Sinead O'Connor is at singing.  I have heard 'Nothing Compares To You' on the radio before and always assumed she was a good singer as I couldn't understand how else she would get so much attention as she is clearly a nut job.  Must have had a good producer back in the day just.

That Nell McCafferty yok is a disaster, I would even rather listen to Nadine Coyle instead.  McCafferty seems like a hateful oul hoore.

As for Turbity, how he ever got any presenting job is beyond me.

For the hundreth time, Marty Morrisey shouldn't be allowed near any form of media that shows his face, god only knows what anyone from outside Ireland thinks when they see him on our TV screens.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Shamrock Shore

QuoteMcCafferty seems like a hateful oul hoore.

When she was in a relationship with Nuala O'Faolain (spell) she was known as the Evil of Two Lezzers

She is a weapon for sure. TBH I thought the mad Sinead had us spellbound with her song in the studio. The voice was ropey in parts but I thought she did well. Well, that is, until she stopped singing. She was doing weird tourette type things when the camera wasn't on the panel.

5 Sams

Liam Neeson's agent has said he wasn't pissed on the Late Late...there's no truth in the rumour that his agent is Shane McGowan.
The Aristocrat Years

laoislad

Can anyone understand what Paddy Barnes is saying on the Late Late?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Ulick

Quote from: laoislad on September 07, 2012, 09:55:55 PM

Nope

Rossfan

I never heard anyone up in north Roscommon talking like yer man O'Dowd . :o
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shamrock Shore

Anyone tempted to buy tickets for the Eurovision extravaganza?

I'd go just to see Dana. I had to laugh when Tubridy asked did they all travel in the same car. Shur nobody will travel with Dana cos there is a high chance the lad in the grassy knoll will get her next time and maybe take one or two of the others with her.

AQMP

Quote from: laoislad on September 07, 2012, 09:55:55 PM

Though I was born and reared in North Belfast, I only get about one word in five.

As hardstation says, a likeable enough fella but completely nuts.

Gold

Quote from: hardstation on September 07, 2012, 10:58:35 PM
Saw Paddy Barnes out on his bike the other day. He didn't appear to be out cycling but was just doing 'no handers' and wheelies up the kirb like a young teenager.

Fella is a header.

f**k me. He's a balloon. But some boxer

There was a car crash interview on BBCNI where the 5 medalists from NI were interviewed. The 3 rowers from Coleraine were obviously posh and quite well spoken but they were just lookin at the 2 boxers who appeared to be speaking another language that no one, not even sidebottom the interviewer good understand
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Gold on September 09, 2012, 02:38:29 PM
Quote from: hardstation on September 07, 2012, 10:58:35 PM
Saw Paddy Barnes out on his bike the other day. He didn't appear to be out cycling but was just doing 'no handers' and wheelies up the kirb like a young teenager.

Fella is a header.

f**k me. He's a balloon. But some boxer

There was a car crash interview on BBCNI where the 5 medalists from NI were interviewed. The 3 rowers from Coleraine were obviously posh and quite well spoken but they were just lookin at the 2 boxers who appeared to be speaking another language that no one, not even sidebottom the interviewer good understand
By "posh" you mean "not a smick".

laoislad

Tubridy is so awkward around sports people.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.