sans pessimism

Quote from: hardstation on October 15, 2011, 02:11:12 AM
Two words, "Hey Mirinda".

Every Horslips fan should now fcuk up.
Yes Sir!
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

DownFanatic

There is something outrageously camp about those two brothers in the Priests.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 15, 2011, 11:17:26 AM
Enjoyed the comedian on the piano but then on came Joe duffy and I had to go to bed.
Tim Minchin - he is hilarious.

AidyMac

What the fook is the story with these 3 dimwits on now - it is very painful watching

Shamrock Shore

Are the priests back on  :o

5 Sams

Just caught Christy on the Late Late...it seemed like an inconvenience for him to be there...it's been said 100s of time before but Tubridy is a fuckin tube :( :(
The Aristocrat Years

haveaharp

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 31, 2011, 12:11:29 AM
Just caught Christy on the Late Late...it seemed like an inconvenience for him to be there...it's been said 100s of time before but Tubridy is a fuckin tube :( :(

And so was anyone the ever presented that show

BennyCake

Don't like Tubridy on TLLS. Couldn't stand Gaybo either, but he was a great host nonetheless.

Nobody can match Gerry Ryan on the radio. He had a way with people, and a voice you could trust. He could get away with saying anything too. Tubridy doesn't have that.

seafoid

Quote from: BennyCake on October 31, 2011, 11:30:54 AM
Don't like Tubridy on TLLS. Couldn't stand Gaybo either, but he was a great host nonetheless.

Nobody can match Gerry Ryan on the radio. He had a way with people, and a voice you could trust. He could get away with saying anything too. Tubridy doesn't have that.

Tubridy wants to go to England but it's a brutal game over there.  Maybe in Ireland he is too associated with the boom.
Or doesn't have enough real life experience. I dunno. I was in the same Gaeltacht college with him back in 88 I think. He always wanted to be famous. He he had been a child reporter on "Poparama".   
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

From the Bunker

Time has moved on. in the past if you lived in the west and were restricted to two channels, you had to watch the TLLS, As the option on RTE 2 was 5th rate crap. Hence ratings were high.

Today you have an abundance of channels from Sky, Setanta, Freesat etc. The internet and broadband have taken from the telly also.

Most guests Tubridy get on are people trying to sell a gig, a book, movie or tv show, or in some cases all four! Most of the (scripted) interviews we have caught already from cross channel or cross atlantic shows. And anyone local (Irish based) are burnt out from multiple interviews at this stage. If there's anyone i want to see on TLLS, i go to the RTE 'Player' and skip to the interview.

You will notice that all the presenters of talk shows cross channel have comedic personalities that draws a bit of devilment from their guests.

5 Sams

Catherine Jenkins is after destroying Black is the Colour...still would though ;)
The Aristocrat Years

AQMP

What about Adam Ant??  Telling us he's over his mental problems while wearing a feathery hat!

ross matt

I agree with AQMP and 5 Sams but what was worse for me was hearing Tubridy telling Westlife that they were tremendous ambassadors for the country and that we should be thankful to them.  :o!
He should fuckin retire with them!

Jonah

Tubs talking about Playstation games and how bad they are ::)