Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

That referee should be held accountable. Disgracefull decision with Fletcher. Deserved at least a draw. Safely through. Does Valencia ever smile?

anportmorforjfc

Don't think so  :D. Thats 3 goals in the last few weeks for him and don't think he's celebrated one.

orangeman

Quote from: EC Unique on November 03, 2009, 09:42:10 PM
That referee should be held accountable. Disgracefull decision with Fletcher. Deserved at least a draw. Safely through. Does Valencia ever smile?

Ref was a scandal.

Farrandeelin

Lord Jaysus Christ, what a final 10 minutes. Always felt if we could nick a 2nd goal we'd get a draw! Ref was an absolute disgrace.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Archie Mitchell

Don't think Valencia will get that goal. Definately an OG as was going well wide. Knew when Scholes scored they would equalise. Never seen the Fletcher incident, by all accounts it was scandalous. Where did the ref get the 2 extra minutes in injury time. Thought it was the Derby all over again.

Utd have been lucky enough in this campaign, but still qualified. Late goals in first 3 games to win rather than draw and late goal tonight to get a point, to make it 10 points instead of 4. But that's what you expect from Utd. Had to laugh at the CSKA manager rocking away in his seat when it was still 3-2 and going into injury time.

rory

How can yous say the ref was a scandal.  Evans kicked the guy on the ground and should have at least a yellow and Obertan was very lucky no one saw him kick his opponent off the ball.  He should have had red.

anportmorforjfc

here we go was waiting on this to start. U wouldn't be a liverpool fan rory? Or maybe you are a moscow fan?  :-\

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: rory on November 03, 2009, 10:00:05 PM
How can yous say the ref was a scandal.  Evans kicked the guy on the ground and should have at least a yellow and Obertan was very lucky no one saw him kick his opponent off the ball.  He should have had red.

Would that not further enforce the point that he was scandalous  ???

btw I didn't watch the match but Im not surprised those incidents aren't been mentioned on here if they did happen...
You'll Never Walk Alone.

orangeman

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 03, 2009, 10:16:12 PM
Quote from: rory on November 03, 2009, 10:00:05 PM

Would that not further enforce the point that he was scandalous  ???

Even more scandalous then !   :D

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on November 03, 2009, 09:56:31 PM
Don't think Valencia will get that goal. Definately an OG as was going well wide. Knew when Scholes scored they would equalise. Never seen the Fletcher incident, by all accounts it was scandalous. Where did the ref get the 2 extra minutes in injury time. Thought it was the Derby all over again.

Utd have been lucky enough in this campaign, but still qualified. Late goals in first 3 games to win rather than draw and late goal tonight to get a point, to make it 10 points instead of 4. But that's what you expect from Utd. Had to laugh at the CSKA manager rocking away in his seat when it was still 3-2 and going into injury time.

77th and 78th minutes. Practically on the referee's whistle.

To be fair to the ref on the Fletcher incident, I wasn't sure it was a penalty on first glance. Thought the fall seemed a bit over dramatic but ont he replay it was clearly a penalty.

Poor performance though - Nani awful again - central of midfield a worry though FLetcher probabl;y just needs games. Hopefully that will bring him on for Sunday as we missed the bite in midfield he or Hargreaves provides against Liverpool.

Was anybody else frustrated for the first 3/4s of the match byt he crossing? Though on a lot of occasions the crosses were either poor or the ball was knocked back by Neville or Valencia when they should have been putting the ball in the box.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

RedandGreenSniper

Penalty decision was wrong but you have to cope with that. Had we got that peno and scored, we would have won. Still a draw will do. Evans did invite trouble a bit. Nani, ffs, is there a brain transplant available?
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

stiffler

Whats the likely team for the Chavs game then?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

ONeill

There is simply no other club team in the world that exerts that amount of pressure on the opposition in the final 5 minutes plus injury time than Utd, when they scent blood. I usually kick the missus when they do it but tonight it was a pleasure to watch. Players who played average to crap for 85 minutes suddenly become Zidanes for 10 minutes, breaking tackles, passing at speed - every touch a good one. It is relentless. Those deflections aren't luck - if you're battering the door down the slightest touch might see it eventually collapse. The opposition dung them.

If Utd could do that at 20 minute intervals they'd blow teams away long before the final quarter.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: ONeill on November 03, 2009, 10:28:03 PM
There is simply no other club team in the world that exerts that amount of pressure on the opposition in the final 5 minutes plus injury time than Utd, when they scent blood. I usually kick the missus when they do it but tonight it was a pleasure to watch. Players who played average to crap for 85 minutes suddenly become Zidanes for 10 minutes, breaking tackles, passing at speed - every touch a good one. It is relentless. Those deflections aren't luck - if you're battering the door down the slightest touch might see it eventually collapse. The opposition dung them.

If Utd could do that at 20 minute intervals they'd blow teams away long before the final quarter.

I was just saying that to me oul lad. Why the f**k does it take them till the last 10 minutes to play when they're behind? They shouldn't be behind if they played like that for most of the game!!!

As for Chelsea, the defence needs sorting out BIG TIME!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Archie Mitchell

Didn't realise the Beskitas winner was in 77th minute, seemed like it was closer to the end. But it's still late on that they really only took control of the games with the goal. As A'Nail said, its the pressure Utd put on in the last 10/15 minutes that causes the team to buckle.

Seen the Fletcher incident, definately a penalty, but thought the way he fell with both his legs going back looked like a dive from where the ref was standing. If the 5th official had of been behind the goal like for Europa League games, he would have given it.