What's your relationship with alcohol?

Started by Boycey, October 12, 2018, 11:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: dec on April 18, 2020, 03:19:03 PMHave you found a non-alcoholic IPA replacement?

Big fan of a local place Surreal Brewing here in California - their Hazy Venus IPA is very good.

ONeill

I'm flat out at it. Take a break for a few hours on a Tuesday. But hardly sober from 9am Thurs til 11pm Sun. Bloody great. Makes reruns of the early 90s All Irelands easier to watch.

As for you non-drinkers, bore off yiz hoors. Would never go to war with a non-drinker. Or even to a wedding.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

GetOverTheBar

I usually go for a decent walk and run best part of the week - fully expected to see a rise in drinking in fields etc with more broken glass about than usual but it's been very decent from what I've seen.

Anyone have any experiences locally of a return to their youth of a load of ones in a field on it?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: ONeill on April 21, 2020, 09:53:56 AM
I'm flat out at it. Take a break for a few hours on a Tuesday. But hardly sober from 9am Thurs til 11pm Sun. Bloody great. Makes reruns of the early 90s All Irelands easier to watch.

As for you non-drinkers, bore off yiz hoors. Would never go to war with a non-drinker. Or even to a wedding.

Never trust a teetotaler sort of thing?

armaghniac

The best use of alcohol at present is to rub it on your hands.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 21, 2020, 10:06:17 AM
I usually go for a decent walk and run best part of the week - fully expected to see a rise in drinking in fields etc with more broken glass about than usual but it's been very decent from what I've seen.

Anyone have any experiences locally of a return to their youth of a load of ones in a field on it?

Not seen gangs of youths, but seen a number of cases of people with mental health issues out on back roads etc in random places drinking, not sure what is going on, collapse in mental health services? Ive seen one guy also who i didn't know had a drink problem out drinking about back roads too with rucksack, I can only assume that for some reason he was in bars or getting better attention from carers before covid 19

ONeill

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 21, 2020, 10:18:22 AM

Aye something like that. Then those who feel need to boast about not drinking in house or drinking less. Fcuk away off. Worse than dicks who talk about the Camino. Just fcuk off.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

dec

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 21, 2020, 12:58:51 AM
Quote from: dec on April 18, 2020, 03:19:03 PMHave you found a non-alcoholic IPA replacement?

Big fan of a local place Surreal Brewing here in California - their Hazy Venus IPA is very good.

I thought you were up in Canada.

Gabriel_Hurl

armaghniac

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 21, 2020, 05:32:37 PM
not since last summer

Perhaps just as well. I was on a Zoom call there to Ontario, the guy showed me the snow in his garden.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Eamonnca1

Quote from: ONeill on April 21, 2020, 04:39:16 PM

Aye something like that. Then those who feel need to boast about not drinking in house or drinking less. Fcuk away off. Worse than dicks who talk about the Camino. Just fcuk off.

What do you make of the ones that are blowing about how wasted they get?

marty34

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 21, 2020, 06:44:10 PM

Yeah, the 20 pint and 10 1/2 uns per night - can't remember anything but they know how to get home and get tucked up in their bed alright!!  Clowns.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: marty34 on April 21, 2020, 07:18:22 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 21, 2020, 06:44:10 PM

Yeah, the 20 pint and 10 1/2 uns per night - can't remember anything but they know how to get home and get tucked up in their bed alright!!  Clowns.

Whooosh

Eamonnca1

In fairness, O'Neill probably had one too many when he posted that!

JoG2

Fri / Sat only, few sociable ones.

Ordered a box of 20 craft beers today through Flavourly. Friend at work recommended the company . £29.95 inc 2 glasses and delivery from Scotland . Hopefully here by the weekend!