Westminster Election 12th December 2019

Started by Ambrose, October 29, 2019, 02:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

f**k SF same auld shite anyone who comes to my door looking a vote for Westminster will be getting short shrift.

To me it's still the most bizarre situation. I can see voting for them locally and for Europe but there is literally no other reason to vote for them in Westminster than to make sure themmuns don't get in.

screenexile

f**king Lib Dem's talking about gaining a majority or Jo Swinson leading a minority government... Jesus wept!!!

The Trap

Elisha on spotlight would make you vote SF  :'(

omaghjoe

Quote from: screenexile on October 29, 2019, 11:04:06 PM
f**k SF same auld shite anyone who comes to my door looking a vote for Westminster will be getting short shrift.

To me it's still the most bizarre situation. I can see voting for them locally and for Europe but there is literally no other reason to vote for them in Westminster than to make sure themmuns don't get in.

Add in the fact that a large chunk of those who vote for them dont even want to be seen to be associated with them because of the ex-parliamentary connection and the thickness their candidates exhibit

omaghjoe

Quote from: screenexile on October 29, 2019, 11:05:48 PM
f**king Lib Dem's talking about gaining a majority or Jo Swinson leading a minority government... Jesus wept!!!

Sometimes I wonder is there any sense left

BennyCake

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 29, 2019, 11:18:38 PM
IMO if you feel none of the candidates in your area are worth voting for, at least go to the polling station, get your ballot paper, spoil it so that it is impossible for any candidate to claim that it is a vote for them, and just politely place it in the box. You rarely see it over here, but most candidates and election officials will be alarmed at an unusually high percentage of spoiled ballot papers as it is deemed an active form of protest against the candidates, and more effective than just not bothering to vote.

Indeed, unless there is no way you're able to on the day and a postal vote isn't an option, anyone whom refuses to go out to a polling station to vote for any candidate or at least spoil the paper loses any right to complain about those whom are elected as a result.

And at least those of us who don't vote, can't be held responsible for the shitshow that unfolds in front of our eyes. Those who voted are guilty of it.

Orior

This place has been a shambles right from the plantation. It got worse with the formation of the Orange Order at the start of the 19th century. Every English man in charge has scratched head to try and solve the issue. They actually thought that partition fixed it with the guaranteed majority and gerrymandering. But alas, even that does not work any more.

Therefore I urge you to vote and vote nationalist. Imagine what we could do if we put fighting behind us and everyone pulled in the same direction.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Rossfan

The Bennys of the World are responsible for sending 10 of them 17th Century yojkes to Westminster.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

t_mac

Quote from: screenexile on October 29, 2019, 11:05:48 PM

Woman's head is up her hole, I hope they get wiped out.

BennyCake

Quote from: Rossfan on October 30, 2019, 01:26:47 AM
The Bennys of the World are responsible for sending 10 of them 17th Century yojkes to Westminster.

SF voters are responsible for sending no northern voice to Westminster.

marty34

Quote from: BennyCake on October 30, 2019, 09:45:12 AM

Everybody knows that before they vote - they'd get some abuse if they took their seats in London.  It'd be a farce.

Anybody idea of what way the votes will stack up in England, Scotland and Wales re: seats for each party or is it going to be too hard to guage?

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: marty34 on October 30, 2019, 10:17:30 AM

Everybody knows that before they vote - they'd get some abuse if they took their seats in London.  It'd be a farce.

Anybody idea of what way the votes will stack up in England, Scotland and Wales re: seats for each party or is it going to be too hard to guage?

If they did take their seats can you imagine the abuse they would get within parliament. Every time they'd try to speak you'd get all kinds of jeers and cheap shots thrown at them. People know when they vote for Sinn Fein in Westminster elections that they will not be taking their seat. It hardly comes are any suprise or great shock. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

screenexile

I understand all that but then what is the point??

A protest vote? Sinn Fein should not be running anywhere there is a marginal seat for the DUP and should leave it to SDLP/Alliance

Rossfan

Scotland is a case of what seats if any the SNP don't get.
England -will the Remiam people all vote LibDem?
Wales -hopefully Plaid increase their votes and seats.
People talking about a hung Parliament again.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

screenexile

Quote from: Rossfan on October 30, 2019, 11:16:26 AM

Scotland is a case of what seats if any the SNP don't get.
England -will the Remiam people all vote LibDem?
Wales -hopefully Plaid increase their votes and seats.
People talking about a hung Parliament again.

Sounds like Tories might leave the Brexit party alone in the Labour/Leave seats in the North . . .