The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insane Bolt

AZOffaly

We'll always have 2006. Was never a 'great' player, but he was brilliant :) Quick pass, ankle tap tackles and a quick brain, exemplified by taking advantage of Bobo's booboo. Hope we see him around Thomond Park more often now.

Walter Cronc

Early access tickets on sale for NZ game - if you are a Vodafone customer!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 27, 2018, 11:07:45 AM
Got a couple this morn.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 27, 2018, 12:17:56 PM
Got a couple this morn.

Seen some onine there for £289 and that was the cheapest !! are you only allowed 2 tickets Tony through Vodafone (of which I'm not a customer  >:( )
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 27, 2018, 12:29:06 PM
Got a couple this morn.

Seen some onine there for £289 and that was the cheapest !! are you only allowed 2 tickets Tony through Vodafone (of which I'm not a customer  >:( )
Didn't get mine through Vodafone. I had a presale code.

Insane Bolt

our_fella

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 27, 2018, 03:10:39 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 27, 2018, 12:29:06 PM
Got a couple this morn.

Didn't get mine through Vodafone. I had a presale code.

Where do. You get said code as a Vodafone customer??

Capt Pat

Sam Warburton the Wales Captain has retired from rugby. That is a big blow for Wales.

johnnycool

Quote from: Capt Pat on July 18, 2018, 12:26:05 PM
Sam Warburton the Wales Captain has retired from rugby. That is a big blow for Wales.

The shape of things to come from the crash ball carriers and those tasked with tackling them.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: johnnycool on July 18, 2018, 03:20:38 PM

The shape of things to come from the crash ball carriers and those tasked with tackling them.

It's not the crash or the tackle. It's the ruck area, it's a complete war zone.
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 18, 2018, 03:27:10 PM

Is that true Dinny? Most of the injuries the likes of Peter O'Mahony, CJ Stander, Jack O'Donoghue etc that I watch closely seem to be shoulders, arms, necks etc from collisions, rather than wrestling in a ruck situation. I suppose 'clearing out' was very dangerous and they still don't really enforce the dangerous clearouts.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 19, 2018, 02:09:09 PM

Is that true Dinny? Most of the injuries the likes of Peter O'Mahony, CJ Stander, Jack O'Donoghue etc that I watch closely seem to be shoulders, arms, necks etc from collisions, rather than wrestling in a ruck situation. I suppose 'clearing out' was very dangerous and they still don't really enforce the dangerous clearouts.

yea it's the clear-outs, lads flying off their feet. The three you named are all back-row forwards who undertake the most punishment, high tackle counts, constantly at the coal-face trying to turn over ball. There's a reason Heaslip stayed out of rucks and never got injured :)
#newbridgeornowhere

Insane Bolt

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 19, 2018, 03:27:59 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on July 19, 2018, 02:09:09 PM

yea it's the clear-outs, lads flying off their feet. The three you named are all back-row forwards who undertake the most punishment, high tackle counts, constantly at the coal-face trying to turn over ball. There's a reason Heaslip stayed out of rucks and never got injured :)

The term 'ruck inspector' was made for him and Richie Gray

Gmac

Paul o Connells last involvement in a rugby game was being cleaned out of a ruck against France in 2015 wc