American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Each to their own I suppose. I love them, and I'll go to all of them I hope.

magpie seanie

Terrible officiating last night in Texans v Dolphins. How that Nuk catch was called back I'll never know. And I haven't seen the fumble recovery TD that was overturned and called an incomplete pass after review but I believe it was dodgy to say the least. You'd never guess I started the Texans DST in a few of my fantasy leagues!

gallsman

Thought the fumble no call was dodgy as hell. He'd brought the ball all the way around so there was no pass attempt.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 26, 2018, 09:13:36 AM
Terrible officiating last night in Texans v Dolphins. How that Nuk catch was called back I'll never know. And I haven't seen the fumble recovery TD that was overturned and called an incomplete pass after review but I believe it was dodgy to say the least. You'd never guess I started the Texans DST in a few of my fantasy leagues!
There was loads of poor calls, the only consistent thing is the Dolphins are back to being shite, Gase and Burke not good play callers, that on side kick in the third, not going for it 4 and 1 with Gore, we need to change our strategy on QB, Tannehill isnt reliable and is now injury prone, Watson looked good for them.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Gmac

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on October 26, 2018, 07:09:47 PM
There was loads of poor calls, the only consistent thing is the Dolphins are back to being shite, Gase and Burke not good play callers, that on side kick in the third, not going for it 4 and 1 with Gore, we need to change our strategy on QB, Tannehill isnt reliable and is now injury prone, Watson looked good for them.
didnt see much of the game but frank gore was looking  great in bits I saw ,niners let him go 4 seasons too early , they could do with him now  great player and nice guy to go along with it

straightred

Quote from: gallsman on October 26, 2018, 12:03:40 PM
Thought the fumble no call was dodgy as hell. He'd brought the ball all the way around so there was no pass attempt.

And another blatant trip missed as well.
Brock clearly isnt good enough but neither is Tannehill. His big money starts next year so its time to move on even if it means an average year next year. They'll have an average anyway of they stick with him

cadhlancian

Quote from: Gmac on October 26, 2018, 08:13:18 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on October 26, 2018, 07:09:47 PM
didnt see much of the game but frank gore was looking  great in bits I saw ,niners let him go 4 seasons too early , they could do with him now  great player and nice guy to go along with it
Frank Gore is at best now a backup. Drake is way more dynamic, that's not belittling Gore. I agree a great pro and never caused any problems wherever he was , his race is just run, probably has been for a few years . The fumble recovery was a coin toss but was probably just correct. The rule is that if he is hit in the motion of his arm going forward then it's an incomplete pass, although it definitely looked like he was trying to tuck it back in..

Farrandeelin

Some finish to the half for the Eagles there.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

gallsman

Niners-Cardinals is unspeakably bad.

Capt Pat

The Packers messed up in the end against the Rams with a fumbled kickoff return. The lions also lost badly at home with the Bears beating the Jets.
I think the vikings will struggle against the Saints tonight. We have too many good important players missing.

cadhlancian

Michael Thomas should have 15 targets tonight. Can't believe they're not using him more, beast of a player...and that Vikings secondary is banged up!

An Watcher

Really enjoyed the Eagles game yesterday but have to say, how you can call it football I'll never know

Farrandeelin

Has everybody a favourite 'franchise'?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Minder

What an amazingly stupid play by Montgomery running the kick out
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

tyroneman

Quote from: Minder on October 29, 2018, 08:30:29 AM
What an amazingly stupid play by Montgomery running the kick out

Indeed - Rodgers didn't look too pleased on the sideline.