Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 19, 2009, 10:15:40 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 19, 2009, 10:12:42 PM
Quote from: DennistheMenace on August 19, 2009, 09:50:34 PM
Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 19, 2009, 09:47:44 PM
The best result in Burnley's history.....(not.)
But seriously what a game Burnley are heros that keeper is unreal! I n all fairness theyre no good but they have the heart to go far!

They would have won 4-1 if Ronaldo had been playing.

And Tevez. Though he's busy playing at the Nou Camp tonight  ;)
Is that link working for everyone else? Score?

Yeah, working for me. Only works in the UK I think though. City 1-0 up at half time. Petrov with a goal on the counter attack.

http://live.mcfc.co.uk/

stiffler

Sir Alex Ferguson could quit the club before the end of the month as a result of more broken promises by the club's American owners.

Tired of taking on the club's owners over previous broken promises, it has been suggested to us that the manager could quit on or around August 26th which would mean his last game could be the clash against Wigan at the DW Stadium on Saturday 22nd.

A resignation on the 26th would mean the news would be on the back pages of every newspaper in Europe on the morning of 27th and read by hundreds of journalists, football managers and executives who will be on flights to Monaco for the Champions League draw.

Ferguson finds himself in an untenable position having allegedly been prevented from pushing through a deal for Franc Ribery and other major European targets as a result of the club's owners not handing over promised funds. Even a deal for Dean Windass is said to have been blocked by the owners.

It has been suggested that Ferguson would prefer to walk now - opposed to later in the season - to give someone else a chance to do as much as they can, out of respect for the club and fans and also to preserve his reputation. Journalists are already circling above him predicting a finish outside the top four after Michael Owen once again fluffed his lines against Burnley and he's fully aware of this.

Numerous reports across Europe today state that Mr Ferguson is unhappy with the figures told he has left to spend this summer.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

David McKeown

I reckon this years league will be won with one of the lowest point totals ever.  I would expect Chelsea to take it but with the African Cup of nations next year I could see them struggling for a month or so.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Clown

why did MOTD not show the Rooney tackle that Alan Green said on the radio should have resulted in a red card?

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Clown on August 20, 2009, 09:12:15 AM
why did MOTD not show the Rooney tackle that Alan Green said on the radio should have resulted in a red card?

In case they upset Fergie even more and cos Rooney is an England international.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Clown on August 20, 2009, 09:12:15 AM
Exactly. Watched the highlights last night and was no sign of the tackle.

As for that article speculating that whisky nose is ready to walk - no quotes in it so sounds like crap.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Clown

Na taggart doesnt speak to the BBC still
they sent out that fella Phelan again, i think he drives the team bus

na cleirigh

Didn't see the game last night.

But in the Daily Mirror this morning it gives Owen a rating of 3.

Is this justified?
If you have nothing nice to type, type it anyway but be prepared for the on slaught

bingobus

Quote from: Minder on August 20, 2009, 09:25:52 AM
Did Taggart say much on MOTD ?

Whiskey Nose still isn't talking to the BBC and let Phelan talk to them. They prob didn't show challenge of Rooney so that he will rethink.

Should Fergies job be on the line after that result? This rotation policy of his is obviously playing havoc with the team and his buys in the summer aren't up to much Has to go.  Obviously would love to see him stay, as with him United will win nothing. ;)

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: David McKeown on August 19, 2009, 11:18:30 PM
I reckon this years league will be won with one of the lowest point totals ever.  I would expect Chelsea to take it but with the African Cup of nations next year I could see them struggling for a month or so.

In January when the African Cup of nations is on, Chelsea play Hull (a), Sunderland (h), Birmingham (h) and Burnley (a). Can't see them missing the African players too much.

Goats Do Shave

It always seems to be more Liverpool posters on this thread than UTD.

Anyway, If Liverpool don't win the league this year.. they'll never win it! - They're lethal!

bingobus

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on August 20, 2009, 09:39:04 AM
It always seems to be more Liverpool UTD posters on this thread than UTD but today it is a bit quieter.

Anyway, If Liverpool don't win the league this year.. they'll never win it someone else will! - They're lethal!

Fixed that for you.

EC Unique

Very poor result with nothing going right. Burnley keeper was unreal and will probably never play as well again but fair play to him and his team. Would not rule out the idea of Fergie dipping into the market again before it closes. At least the money is there if he wants it ;)

As for all this nonsense from non Utd fans I would suggest they look at Utd's start to the last few seasons and then look at where they finnished. Heard it all before :D

tyroneman

Man u without ronaldo need a creative force in mf. Carrick, park, anderson are all very average players without much guile. Giggs cannot carry them and gt looks like rooney needs to be on the end of  his own passes such is the lack of ideas up front