Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

United start 2 years ago was terrible, and look at what they achieved that year.  All promoted teams play above themselves within the first month of the new season, especially at home.  Fair play to Burnley.  As for Liverpool fans coming on here and trying to wind, I would be more concerned about how their title challenge will pan out - things are desperate when Benitez (I have no funds but Ive spent more on players than Fergie in my time) is rushing out snapping up 30 year old Rangers rejects.  In Rafa we trust!  Anderson is hardly average, sure the lad is only in his twenties and has played how many games for Brazil?  Ronaldo wasn't a creative force in midfield, but thats what United needed even before he left.  Fergie needs to buy, David Silva for starters would do rightly.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

bingobus

EC Unique

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 20, 2009, 11:51:01 AM
United start 2 years ago was terrible, and look at what they achieved that year.  All promoted teams play above themselves within the first month of the new season, especially at home.  Fair play to Burnley.  As for Liverpool fans coming on here and trying to wind, I would be more concerned about how their title challenge will pan out - things are desperate when Benitez (I have no funds but Ive spent more on players than Fergie in my time) is rushing out snapping up 30 year old Rangers rejects.   In Rafa we trust!  Anderson is hardly average, sure the lad is only in his twenties and has played how many games for Brazil?  Ronaldo wasn't a creative force in midfield, but thats what United needed even before he left.  Fergie needs to buy, David Silva for starters would do rightly.

:D :D :D

maldini

Anderson isn't average??
i know, he's completely shite in my honest opinion

118cmal

Quote from: maldini on August 20, 2009, 12:12:54 PM
Anderson isn't average??

Yeah defo, sure he only has 2 premier leagues, a Champions League winners and runners up medal, a league cup medal and a FIFA World Club Cup medal to show for his first two seasons in England.  That and the fact that he's still 21.

Completely shite indeed.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: 118cmal on August 20, 2009, 12:25:10 PM
Quote from: maldini on August 20, 2009, 12:12:54 PM
Anderson isn't average??

Yeah defo, sure he only has 2 premier leagues, a Champions League winners and runners up medal, a league cup medal and a FIFA World Club Cup medal to show for his first two seasons in England.  That and the fact that he's still 21.

Completely shite indeed.
That is a lame argument, FFS Djimi Traore has a CL medal.  Anderson is Djemba-Djemba part II.
He has those medals because he was lucky enough to be part of a successful squad.

maldini

completely shite may hav been a bit over the top, but well over-rated

in those two seasons how many goals has he got from an attacking midfield position?
how many games has he influenced by going on a great run and setting up a goal or playing a killer ball?

the only reason fergie is persisting with him is cos he paid something ridiculous like 18 million for him, if he had been a young english player coming throught the ranks he'd be sold long ago.
it doesnt matter that he's 21, at 21 fabreagas was captaining arsenal and running the midfield there. its a young mans game these days

nani isnt a great player but at least he is capable of the odd bit of magic

118cmal

Not true.  Anderson was an important part of a squad that won all of the above.  In addition he won two Portuguese league titles before he came over.  To compare him to Djemba x2 is just ignorant.  Anderson is a very talented player, just needs to add consistency and goals to his game.  On his day he is excellent (see performances vs Gerrard/Fabregas for reference)

118cmal

Quote from: maldini on August 20, 2009, 12:32:09 PM
completely shite may hav been a bit over the top, but well over-rated

in those two seasons how many goals has he got from an attacking midfield position?
how many games has he influenced by going on a great run and setting up a goal or playing a killer ball?

the only reason fergie is persisting with him is cos he paid something ridiculous like 18 million for him, if he had been a young english player coming throught the ranks he'd be sold long ago.
it doesnt matter that he's 21, at 21 fabreagas was captaining arsenal and running the midfield there. its a young mans game these days

nani isnt a great player but at least he is capable of the odd bit of magic

Anderson has only very occasionally played in an advanced midfield position. 

Ferguson doesn't care about how much was paid for the player.  If he wasn't performing well or Fergie didn't see massive potential he would be moved on.  End of.

Fabregas is very much the exception and not the rule.  Look around the top clubs, who are the captains?
Man United - Neville (34), Liverpool - Gerrard (29), Chelsea - Terry (28)

Master Yoda

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Master Yoda on August 20, 2009, 12:57:59 PM
Some result last night, :D :D :D nerds.

Take it your not a united fan Yoda :D
Someone asked was it fair that Owen got a rating of three, NO! for the life of me i cant figure out how he got the third mark!

maldini

[/quote]

Ferguson doesn't care about how much was paid for the player.  If he wasn't performing well or Fergie didn't see massive potential he would be moved on.  End of.

Fabregas is very much the exception and not the rule.  Look around the top clubs, who are the captains?
[/quote]

even still, 0 goals and very few assists in over 2 years isnt good enough for a midfielder
my point about age wasnt that anderson should be uniteds captain, I was just pointing out that at 21 he's way behind a lot of players were at that age - Fabregas, Ireland, Young, Lennon, Fletcher even

AFS

Quote from: maldini on August 20, 2009, 02:01:31 PM

even still, 0 goals and very few assists in over 2 years isnt good enough for a midfielder
my point about age wasnt that anderson should be uniteds captain, I was just pointing out that at 21 he's way behind a lot of players were at that age - Fabregas, Ireland, Young, Lennon, Fletcher even

Definitely not true for Ireland and Young, and debatable for Lennon and Fletcher. Not every player develops at the same rate or age. Anderson was 20 for most of last season. Look at where Drogba, Vidic, Evra, Ballack or Deco were at when they were 20.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: AFS on August 20, 2009, 03:01:23 PM
Quote from: maldini on August 20, 2009, 02:01:31 PM

Definitely not true for Ireland and Young, and debatable for Lennon and Fletcher. Not every player develops at the same rate or age. Anderson was 20 for most of last season. Look at where Drogba, Vidic, Evra, Ballack or Deco were at when they were 20.
More than that, he was 20 for 12 months  :P

David McKeown

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 20, 2009, 09:35:57 AM
Quote from: David McKeown on August 19, 2009, 11:18:30 PM
I reckon this years league will be won with one of the lowest point totals ever.  I would expect Chelsea to take it but with the African Cup of nations next year I could see them struggling for a month or so.

In January when the African Cup of nations is on, Chelsea play Hull (a), Sunderland (h), Birmingham (h) and Burnley (a). Can't see them missing the African players too much.

Ah ok hadnt realised it was only those 4 games, I thought it was nearer 7 or 8 when the 10 day rule was enforced which I had read it would be for this tournament but maybe not
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner