Ulster Club SFC 2018

Started by oakleaflad, October 03, 2018, 09:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

Quote from: giveherlong on November 19, 2018, 01:57:14 PM
Definitely was a penalty
Watching it on tv Mcquillan signalled first for a free and then after some discussion (meybe linesman or someone watching the live tv picture?)over ear mic put the hands out for a penalty

Live it looked more like he gave an advantage then the pen...it being McQuillan he was probably checking the rules

lenny

Quote from: HiMucker on November 19, 2018, 11:03:09 AM
Quote from: lenny on November 19, 2018, 06:51:12 AM
Quote from: shawshank on November 19, 2018, 12:14:09 AM
Surprised there is no mention of it, but Gweedores third gl was not a penalty, big call by the ref that had a big bearing on the game. It was a fair side to side hit

Totally agree. It really pisses me off when refs blow up this sort of challenge. Ffs there has to be some physicality in the game and this was a perfectly timed shoulder.
Watch it again. Stone wall penalty. Went through the back of him.

I have watched it again, side to side, perfect shoulder and he dislodges the ball. It's the type of challenge which is more often than not blown up but it shouldn't be.

nrico2006

Anywhere to view the 'penalty' incident?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

yellowcard

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on November 19, 2018, 02:40:24 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on November 19, 2018, 10:24:44 AM
I have to laugh at all the baiters on here getting their thrills of a cross beating. At the end of the day Cross kicked 16 points, which would win many a game of football. They conceded two soft goals, a third from a penalty that shouldn't have been and a fourth when Hanratty was sent off. McQuillan confirmed once again that he is an inconsistent referee and is too obvious in games. That said the best team won. Cross defending was un Cross like, write them off at your peril. Both teams played contrasting football and both a joy to behold great advertisement for Ulster Football. Cross could have had a couple of goals themselves but that would have been larceny.

+1

Soft goals killed them, poor goalkeeping, McQuillian and being a bit lighter than the opposition all contributed to a loss. They are not far off the finished article and that will come with maturity and experience outside the county.  Interesting to see how many will report for county duty when asked for 2019.

Morgan, Hughes, 2 x O'Neills and Clarke all should be on the squad and probably all as starters.

yellowcard

Just seen the Scotstown v Coleraine highlights, it was some kick again from Beggan to win it 5 minutes into injury time. Coleraine must be ruing those missed chances though.

You won't see too many goals better than McCarthy's goal and the second Coleraine one in this years club championship.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/gaelic-games/46227611

Applesisapples

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 19, 2018, 02:52:02 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on November 19, 2018, 02:40:24 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on November 19, 2018, 10:24:44 AM
I have to laugh at all the baiters on here getting their thrills of a cross beating. At the end of the day Cross kicked 16 points, which would win many a game of football. They conceded two soft goals, a third from a penalty that shouldn't have been and a fourth when Hanratty was sent off. McQuillan confirmed once again that he is an inconsistent referee and is too obvious in games. That said the best team won. Cross defending was un Cross like, write them off at your peril. Both teams played contrasting football and both a joy to behold great advertisement for Ulster Football. Cross could have had a couple of goals themselves but that would have been larceny.

+1

Soft goals killed them, poor goalkeeping, McQuillian and being a bit lighter than the opposition all contributed to a loss. They are not far off the finished article and that will come with maturity and experience outside the county.  Interesting to see how many will report for county duty when asked for 2019.

I think sometimes people think that every team that comes through Cross into Ulster is going to win it.  The reality is that 12 months time from now and things will be clearer how good we can be.  Paul McKeown was a huge loss this year and if he had been fit there's no way those goals would have been scored as easily as he is the best out and out defender on the team.  Hopefully he will be back and Jamie will be there.  Cian McConville will be a year stronger, the 'older' young lads will be a year wiser and hopefully stronger also.  We produced once in a lifetime club teams twice in 20 years and as a result the expectations of us is higher than other teams.  GD were deserved winners and really have an excellent opportunity to win it out.  I'm torn as I'd like to see them win it but know a lot of the Scotstown lads and would like to see them win it too given that they have had a few hard rattles at it and 'deserve' it.  We will be back, have no fear.
What does Young O'Neill miss for the red? Petulent but I thought McQuillan could issued yellow in the circumstances.

straightred

Back in Omagh for the final on the 2nd. 2pm throw in.

clarshack

tonto1888

Quote from: lenny on November 19, 2018, 03:35:26 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on November 19, 2018, 11:03:09 AM
Quote from: lenny on November 19, 2018, 06:51:12 AM
Quote from: shawshank on November 19, 2018, 12:14:09 AM
Surprised there is no mention of it, but Gweedores third gl was not a penalty, big call by the ref that had a big bearing on the game. It was a fair side to side hit

Totally agree. It really pisses me off when refs blow up this sort of challenge. Ffs there has to be some physicality in the game and this was a perfectly timed shoulder.
Watch it again. Stone wall penalty. Went through the back of him.

I have watched it again, side to side, perfect shoulder and he dislodges the ball. It's the type of challenge which is more often than not blown up but it shouldn't be.

That was my take on it

general_lee

It's a nice connection, it's just late and therefore a foul. Correct call. It's not 100% "stonewall" but if it had not have been given, we'd be discussing how the ref bottled it and Gweedore had a legitimate shout for a penalty.

skeog

Donal making excuses didnt know that Hanratty had been booked in first half you would think he would known,

In hiding

Quote from: skeog on November 19, 2018, 10:01:35 PM
Donal making excuses didnt know that Hanratty had been booked in first half you would think he would known,

Does hanratty not always get booked in the first half

Dire Ear

Orior

Quote from: In hiding on November 19, 2018, 10:49:45 PM
Quote from: skeog on November 19, 2018, 10:01:35 PM

Does hanratty not always get booked in the first half

He's never been the same since Abagnale got the better of him.

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Donegal champs favourites for weekend, I'd have thought Scotstown would have been the better team.. the are evens plus 2
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea