Frankie Dolan!!!

Started by An Gaeilgoir, November 26, 2006, 02:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryano

Quote from: rosnarun on November 27, 2006, 03:36:25 PM
never thought i'd be defending a roscommon man but dolan didnt start the hand bags stuff the mentor did. je wasnt even the on involved in the inital tackle.

they are still all sheepstealing cnuts though

ROSnarun!!!! Are you sure your not a confused "closet" rossie with a name like that?  ;) Defending the bould Frankie, next thing you know you will be trying to have Ballagh GAA club returned to Roscommon ;D

mouview

Real sickener for Corofin alright. Agree with GBB, for all the streams of great (technical) players Corofin produce, they can never seem to unearth naturally scoring forwards - the vintage Trevor Burke's presence is testament to that. Dunno why Alan O'Donovan didn't start (unless there was a row or something), he may have been in lean form but he's still their best chance of a few scores. Anyway, any team that only scores 3 points in a match scarcely deserve to win, this will fairly knock the wind out of their sails for a while. Ulster final should be a good 'un, with the winners being the team to beat, with Dr. Crokes second, IMHO. The hurling is Ballyhale's if they want it.

Galway15

Bridgets deserved it..corofin were very poor but mannions goal was unreal....better team won..the mentor made a meal of Dolan's 'puch'..not exactly smokin frankie dolan

ross matt

I've no doubt Mannion was going for  a goal with that shot. Anyone that's seen him over the last few seasons at county level would know that he can fairly hammer them. Very honest in his admittance afterwards that he had a poor match up to then. To be fair to him he's more of a full forward than a midfielder.

Unfortunately Dolan probably gave Maughan more reason not to recall him to the county fold. Pity because (if fit and committed) he's badly needed. No sympathy for the Corofin mentor either though. He had no place being where he was at the time. Dont know where some posters got the view it was a poor match. Most media and eye witness reports classed it a decent contest.

It will be interesting to see whether Dolan gets a suspension or not and this will have major implications for Bridget's progress. Regardless of what happens to Frankie they will be outsiders versus the Ulster champions but this will suit them and Corofin and Crossmolina are two good scalps to have taken confidence wise.

Barney

Frankie me darlin', the pride of Ballymahon, this time it appears you f**ked

QuoteFormer Roscommon forward Frankie Dolan is facing a possible suspension after becoming involved in an altercation with a mentor during last Sunday's Connacht club football final.

Dolan played a starring role in St. Brigid's dramatic victory over Galway champions Corofin, but could now find himself in hot water following the off-the-ball incident which was captured by TV cameras.
Dolan got involved with Jimmy Sice early in the second half after the Corofin selector has come on to the field to attend to his son Gary, who was down injured. Mayo referee Vincent Neary took no action, despite consulting with his match officials.

The Connacht Council will wait until they receive the referee's report, but even if the referee does not mention the incident, they are still expected to initiative an investigation.

"We will wait for the report and then address any matters that arise from the report. That is the normal procedure. We should have the report in a day or so," said Connacht secretary John Prenty.

If Dolan is banned, he would almost certainly miss St. Brigid's All-Ireland semi-final meeting with either Ballinderry or Crossmaglen next February.

Mayo4Sam

Cant see the connaught council suspending him.
In fairness if yer man started on him then dolan had a right to defend himself.
Can see bridgits going places this year, but as per they will be written off against ballinderry or cross
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

youbetterbelieveit

Watched the highlights on TG4 last night, they did very well to come back after conceding the two goals so early on, and the last goal for them, mannion was definitely either kicking for a point or crossing it into the box in hope. from the highlights they looked the better team and so good luck to them.

An Laoch

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 28, 2006, 03:04:58 PM
In fairness if yer man started on him then dolan had a right to defend himself.

that's retaliation is it not?

Mayo4Sam

Grey area when the guy isn't a player, then its assault. The fella had no bib on him so like was mentioned earlier dolan could argue he had no way of knowing who this lad was.

muscles magoo

Am no fan of Dolan but in fairness yer man started the ruck and pretty much had it coming. The fall to the ground was a bit dramatic to boot...

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: muscles magoo on November 28, 2006, 03:21:56 PM
Am no fan of Dolan but in fairness yer man started the ruck and pretty much had it coming. The fall to the ground was a bit dramatic to boot...

In fairness if Frankie's defence consists of "that auld lad had it coming" then I can safely say he's screwed.

There was holy war on the board after the International Rules game in Croker and I can't remember any of the Aussies in that game throwing a punch at someone's head. There's a certain amount of double standards here.

Mayo4Sam

Definitely not double standards.
An unidentified man started on him and he defended himself

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 28, 2006, 03:37:39 PM
Definitely not double standards.
An unidentified man started on him and he defended himself

There was no punches thrown until Dolan threw his haymaker. The two of them briefly shaped up to each other and were no doubt saying some unpleasant things to each other and then Dolan landed him.

Besides when did punching someone count as an acceptable response even if the old lad had come up mouthing off to him? I'm no fan of Corofin but it was a clear red card offence.

believebelive

double standards - catch a grip - this fella comes on from the sideline. Is not a player and has no bib on to say whether he is an official (not that this would change things much) and starts something with a player on the field.  Frankie should not get suspended for this, im not condoning him either but certainly not blaming him. Hopefully a bit of common sense will prevail. Yer man had no business on the field.
You cannot compare this with what happenned in the International Rules - chalk and cheese - although there have been other incidents in club games in recent times that hav been as bad if not worse than the international rules

belleaqua

I wonder what the reaction would be if it was the other way around- the mentor striking Dolan?