Started by Boycey, October 12, 2018, 11:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Heineken Zero is my new best friend

Clausthaler would be second choice

Becks Non Alcoholic would be third

You can have one or two every night and it's less calories than a coke

screenexile

I don't really understand the concept of non alcoholic beer. . . maybe it's just me but I'm not a fan of beer and only drink it as a means to loosen up. I can appreciate if a pint is pouring nice or tastes really good but if I was very thirsty and you put a beer or a coke/sprite/orange juice in front of me I'd be picking the soft drink every time.

The last time I was in the local Carlsberg were dropping off 2 cases of their new non alcoholic beer along with firing the marketing material around the place ... the owner was not impressed every mention of it was fired in the bin!!!

J70

Never been a fan of non-alcoholic beer either. I love having a beer or a cider now and again, but the buzz is part of the enjoyment. I'd far rather a soft drink or water than a non-alcoholic beer.

Hope all the little craft operations survive COVID. This has been a glorious past decade for beer and cider drinkers. So much choice and experimentation.

ziggy90

I really miss my gallon's on Saturdays and Sundays. I have to admit it though, I feel so much better without it.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Milltown Row2

Had a great night with the club tonight! Kahoot quiz night on zoom with around 65 families playing! Too much wine and Guinness!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eamonnca1

The wife and I have been having wine with our dinner most evenings, usually a glass or two each. Helps us sleep. At weekends it's usually champagne or prosecco.

illdecide

A lot of guys from work are saying they're drinking a lot more than they were out of boredom, personally i had two bottles of peroni last sat night and that was my first beer from my Christmas dinner with work in mid December
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

theticklemister

Had about 6 cans last night, the misses went to bed, whipped out the vodka, watched the Derry v Cork game and had the best time of my life.

The only thing was missing was watching it with my dad back home.

armaghniac

Quote from: theticklemister on April 18, 2020, 10:45:55 AM
Had about 6 cans last night, the misses went to bed, whipped out the vodka, watched the Derry v Cork game and had the best time of my life.

The only thing was missing was watching it with my dad back home.

When you have to watch Derry, I expect alchohol helps.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

whitey

Quote from: screenexile on April 17, 2020, 04:19:41 PM
I don't really understand the concept of non alcoholic beer. . . maybe it's just me but I'm not a fan of beer and only drink it as a means to loosen up. I can appreciate if a pint is pouring nice or tastes really good but if I was very thirsty and you put a beer or a coke/sprite/orange juice in front of me I'd be picking the soft drink every time.

The last time I was in the local Carlsberg were dropping off 2 cases of their new non alcoholic beer along with firing the marketing material around the place ... the owner was not impressed every mention of it was fired in the bin!!!

You answered your own "question" by stating you're not a fan of beer.

I am....I love beer, in particular Heineken and the new IPAs, but last year due to a medical condition I had to give up all alcohol, caffeine and carbonated beverages for 90 days.

After 90 days I realized that while I didn't miss the alcohol, I did actually miss the taste of beer.

I have a job where I attend a lot of functions, conferences and client events. I could be out (drinking for free) every night of the week if I wanted to, so over the years I have had to learn various ways to slow/reduce my intake. Soda Water was one way......now 0.0 is a second

Tony Baloney

Don't underestimate the psychological aspect of non-alcoholic beer. I always hated if I was out with people who are drinking and I was on water or soft drinks. Drinking non-alcoholic makes me feel like I'm not missing out and I'm part of the drinking crowd. Yes, you don't get the buzz from the alcohol, but you get to put the key in the car at the end of the night and get up the next day with no hangover.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 18, 2020, 01:30:06 PM
Don't underestimate the psychological aspect of non-alcoholic beer. I always hated if I was out with people who are drinking and I was on water or soft drinks. Drinking non-alcoholic makes me feel like I'm not missing out and I'm part of the drinking crowd. Yes, you don't get the buzz from the alcohol, but you get to put the key in the car at the end of the night and get up the next day with no hangover.

Yes I'd prefer non alcoholic beer if I wasn't drinking I'd out. But I can afford a taxi and I don't get hangovers so it's a win win!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Why do people drink?  I don't get it.

Nobody has ever gave me a good reason - to balance up the hangover etc.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on April 18, 2020, 02:58:44 PM
Why do people drink?  I don't get it.

Nobody has ever gave me a good reason - to balance up the hangover etc.

You can drink without getting hammered,  if I got bad hangovers I probably wouldn't drink, though I do enjoy a night out with the lads, few and far between the older you get!

dec

Quote from: whitey on April 18, 2020, 01:00:07 PM
Quote from: screenexile on April 17, 2020, 04:19:41 PM

You answered your own "question" by stating you're not a fan of beer.

I am....I love beer, in particular Heineken and the new IPAs, but last year due to a medical condition I had to give up all alcohol, caffeine and carbonated beverages for 90 days.

After 90 days I realized that while I didn't miss the alcohol, I did actually miss the taste of beer.

I have a job where I attend a lot of functions, conferences and client events. I could be out (drinking for free) every night of the week if I wanted to, so over the years I have had to learn various ways to slow/reduce my intake. Soda Water was one way......now 0.0 is a second

Have you found a non-alcoholic IPA replacement?