James McClean

Started by thewobbler, July 19, 2015, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lfdown2

Quote from: bennydorano on February 16, 2021, 04:05:54 PM
Quote from: trailer on February 16, 2021, 03:30:37 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on February 16, 2021, 02:58:18 PM
Genuine request, can someone post an example of McClean's pro IRA posts. I am aware of the balaclava one which I took as a joke, albeit in poor taste and a bit stupid.

I don't think he has posted any Pro IRA material (other than the Balaclava post). He is certainly an Irish Republican and I think it's fair to say he has no love for the British Army but out and out IRA stuff I don't think so. The Balaclava post was certainly stupid. He's going to be a target for a certain soccer fan, that English nationalist and that comes hand in hand with his poppy stance unfortunately. He's in Stoke as well which is pretty much as English nationalist as you get. He certainly doesn't deserve the abuse he or his family gets.
I doubt there is anything specific. Does all this not stem from him posting something on social media along the lines of - 'why should I wear a poppy in support of British Soldiers when British Soldiers murdered unarmed citizens in my home town'.

Think he also mentioned the Wolfe Tones at some point.

Blame the victim.

Applesisapples

Quote from: johnnycool on February 16, 2021, 04:01:56 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on February 16, 2021, 02:58:18 PM
Genuine request, can someone post an example of McClean's pro IRA posts. I am aware of the balaclava one which I took as a joke, albeit in poor taste and a bit stupid.

Don't be expecting a coherent response from the lad making that accusation and don't forget the P before IRA...
Well you see in my view the IRA is well past the telegram from the Queen stage. ;)

sid waddell

It would be totally crazy to think a balaclava is a reference to the PIRA

Just like KAT is a totally harmless abbreviation

It stands for Keep Andersonstown Tidy, I think I heard that anyway

And who could disagree with that sentiment!

johnnycool

Quote from: sid waddell on February 16, 2021, 04:30:55 PM
It would be totally crazy to think a balaclava is a reference to the PIRA

Just like KAT is a totally harmless abbreviation

It stands for Keep Andersonstown Tidy, I think I heard that anyway

And who could disagree with that sentiment!

PIRA bastards;

I'm never eating a KIT KAT ever again.

sid waddell

A Kit Kat is a bit like a dentist's hand after Dessie O'Hare is finished with it

It has four fingers

Have a break, mate

It'll do you good