Computer Help

Started by Armagh Cúchulainns, January 11, 2009, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Those dvd drives are a relatively cheap component (ca £17) and easy enough to replace, especially seeing as the only tool you need is a screwdriver.

Square Ball

Quote from: Main Street on November 01, 2009, 12:55:49 PM
Those dvd drives are a relatively cheap component (ca £17) and easy enough to replace, especially seeing as the only tool you need is a screwdriver.

two tools needed  :D :D :D :D
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Minder

Bit of a problem -

In the last day or so "Cyber Security" keeps flashing up saying my laptop is full of malware, trojans etc and i need to give them $80 to fix it. I went to "add/remove programmes" and when i go to remove it the f**ker keeps flashing up. How else can i terminate this boyo. I have Avast anti-virus and ran Spybot yesterday and today.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Mhic Easmuint

Try downloading Malwarebytes: http://www.malwarebytes.org/
the free version is grand.

If have trouble running in normal mode try it in safe mode.

Minder

Quote from: Mhic Easmuint on November 08, 2009, 10:19:22 PM
Try downloading Malwarebytes: http://www.malwarebytes.org/
the free version is grand.

If have trouble running in normal mode try it in safe mode.

When I try and start the scan it keeps flashing off the screen
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Mhic Easmuint

Reboot in Safe mode and try it

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Minder on November 08, 2009, 10:17:19 PM
Bit of a problem -

In the last day or so "Cyber Security" keeps flashing up saying my laptop is full of malware, trojans etc and i need to give them $80 to fix it. I went to "add/remove programmes" and when i go to remove it the f**ker keeps flashing up. How else can i terminate this boyo. I have Avast anti-virus and ran Spybot yesterday and today.

Reboot in safemode as said above and go to add/remove programmes and do it again. If that doesn't work you may need to go in and manually delete any folders belonging to "cyber security" from the registry.

To do this go to start, run
type in regedit and hit enter.

Browse to Hkey CUrrent user, software and look for any folder with "cyber security" on them. Right click on them and select delete.

Do the same on Hkey Local Machine, Software

That should do the trick -

Note: be very careful in registry not to delete the wrong folder!

ross4life

OK some help please my browsers on my laptop are not working, everything else internet wise is working
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Mhic Easmuint

How many have you installed?
Have you done scans for virus/malware?
How do you know internet is fine if none of the browsers are working?

ross4life

firefox & explorer, done scans found nothing! i must have turned off some setting? internet is working as i can work Msn messenger & yahoo messenger
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Mhic Easmuint

Sounds like a firewall issue or something. 
Port 80 might be blocked. 
What antivirus have you installed?  Try disabling it, or the Firewall on it. 

ross4life

antivirus i have are Avast & i have malwarebytes & super anti spyware

i did try disabling them but no change, whereabouts is port 80?

Mhic Easmuint

Reboot in Safe mode with networking to see if you can access the internet with the browsers.

ross4life

Quote from: Mhic Easmuint on November 09, 2009, 12:12:35 AM
Reboot in Safe mode with networking to see if you can access the internet with the browsers.

just did & browsers are still not working?

Mhic Easmuint

You don't have an old copy of Norton or any other antivirus installed?