New Cain resources on northern Troubles

Started by Ulick, January 20, 2012, 03:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 20, 2012, 04:25:59 PM
Discredited.
:D Harry Potter is much more truthful than that chronological bullshit account of the troubles.

Ulick

Have I missed something? Some deaths are missing from the Google maps but I think its a work in progress. Haven't looked at Second Life stuff yet.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Ulick on January 20, 2012, 05:40:08 PM
Have I missed something? Some deaths are missing from the Google maps but I think its a work in progress. Haven't looked at Second Life stuff yet.
There was a long-running thread of Lynchbhoy saying the Cain resource was widely discredited, was British propaganda etc. and when he was asked to give specific examples he couldn't. Main Street(?) I think helped him out by pinpointing an example around some of their reporting of the Hunger Strike. So my post was in jest!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 20, 2012, 06:17:58 PM
There was a long-running thread of Lynchbhoy saying the Cain resource was widely discredited, was British propaganda etc. and when he was asked to give specific examples he couldn't. Main Street(?) I think helped him out by pinpointing an example around some of their reporting of the Hunger Strike. So my post was in jest!
I pointed out three examples

Tony Baloney

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 20, 2012, 08:17:06 PM
You'll have my apologies with knobs on if you fire up the quotes and they were made before Main Street rode to your rescue.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 20, 2012, 10:23:14 PM
You'll have my apologies with knobs on if you fire up the quotes and they were made before Main Street rode to your rescue.
MS proved my point. Even that wasn't enough for you lot.
'people' like you can't acknowledge such realities.
Ulick - no offence but academics or trainee academics can't really be trusted to provide a comprehensive project of work , Especially when their sources are from mostly brit biased accounts!
I expect you will understand my point and why I say it is flawed from. Various incorrect accounts of the hunger strikes! I don't need to prove myself to the various posters on here obviously on holidays from their respective villages! ;)

Maguire01

You didn't.

LeoMc

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 21, 2012, 12:47:08 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 20, 2012, 10:23:14 PM
MS proved my point. Even that wasn't enough for you lot.
'people' like you can't acknowledge such realities.
Ulick - no offence but academics or trainee academics can't really be trusted to provide a comprehensive project of work , Especially when their sources are from mostly brit biased accounts!
I expect you will understand my point and why I say it is flawed from. Various incorrect accounts of the hunger strikes! I don't need to prove myself to the various posters on here obviously on holidays from their respective villages! ;)

Looks like there will be any need to customise that apology Tony.

Main Street

Isn't it a rather medical, a series of Geographical Information Systems maps of deaths related to the conflict, as if the conflict was an outbreak of a virulent and deadly disease?
Not unlike the maps outlining disease patterns and pockets of incidence.

http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/victims/gis/maps/l-jpg/CAIN-Map_NI_Death-rates_Total.jpg