Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebar

Quote from: T O Hare on June 17, 2013, 06:03:37 PM
Quote from: downjim on June 15, 2013, 12:28:05 PM
Some weird results in division one last night. Burren had a shocking first half v the ford but conditions were terrible. What sort of team did kilcoo have out v the kingdom??? Annnaclone and ballyholland are doing well at the minute. What happened the bridge last night, are rostrevor  really that bad as the bridge as a club are in decline big time??
Here Jim, anytime your over at our club this year when your club is getting a lend of our ground I will give you a tour around Downs oldest club and I will let you see for yourself how much decline we are in  ;)

Sorry to correct you but I believe Mayobridge is not the oldest club in Down

T O Hare

Quote from: thebar on June 18, 2013, 11:14:57 AM
Some weird results in division one last night. Burren had a shocking first half v the ford but conditions were terrible. What sort of team did kilcoo have out v the kingdom??? Annnaclone and ballyholland are doing well at the minute. What happened the bridge last night, are rostrevor  really that bad as the bridge as a club are in decline big time??
Here Jim, anytime your over at our club this year when your club is getting a lend of our ground I will give you a tour around Downs oldest club and I will let you see for yourself how much decline we are in  ;)

Sorry to correct you but if you go to Croke park and go through the records it will tell you that on 30th April 1888 St Patrick's Mayobridge became the first club in the county to have an affiliation accepted by the GAA. This makes Mayobridge the oldest registered club in the county .
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

ardtole

Did Mayobridge not fold for a while in the 60s? I always thought Leitrim Fontenays were the oldest club, im open to correction though.

The Raven

Quote from: T O Hare on June 18, 2013, 07:24:05 PM

Sorry to correct you but if you go to Croke park and go through the records it will tell you that on 30th April 1888 St Patrick's Mayobridge became the first club in the county to have an affiliation accepted by the GAA. This makes Mayobridge the oldest registered club in the county .

Hows the hurling going this weather in the Bridge

T O Hare

Quote from: The Raven on June 18, 2013, 11:18:14 PM
Quote from: T O Hare on June 18, 2013, 07:24:05 PM

Hows the hurling going this weather in the Bridge
Hurling??
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

outinfront

Why does it take so long every year to get Club championship dates out?  Ya try to organise family, work, holidays, etc around GAA commitments but feck it's not made easy!  Any idea when they'll be out?  After Sunday?

Minus15

They have been out since February time. 1st, 2nd and 4th weekends in August, but these of course could be subject to change depending on Down's championship progress.

outinfront

Aye, I was hoping someone would know the actual fixture dates.  But as you say they could be subject to change.

DaisyCutter

18,000 tickets sold for Sunday and Donegal are outnumbering us on a ratio of 4:1! Come on folks, get behind the lads!

SHEEDY

Quote from: DaisyCutter on June 20, 2013, 10:13:01 PM
18,000 tickets sold for Sunday and Donegal are outnumbering us on a ratio of 4:1! Come on folks, get behind the lads!
+1. the lads need us on sunday. get down to breffini and support them.
nil satis nisi optimum

here comes 6

Quote from: SHEEDY on June 20, 2013, 10:31:25 PM
Where did this stat come from because it can be nothing else but bullshit as no way will Down or have Down ever been outnumbered by 4:1.

southdown

Its from the Official Down GAA Facebook page.

5 Sams

Quote from: here comes 6 on June 20, 2013, 11:03:51 PM
Where did this stat come from because it can be nothing else but bullshit as no way will Down or have Down ever been outnumbered by 4:1.

Does it really matter? Just get your arse to Breffni ;)
The Aristocrat Years

snoopdog

Quote from: here comes 6 on June 20, 2013, 11:03:51 PM
i can recall being pretty outnumbered in Clones last july, also in Breffni against Sligo back in 2010.
To be honest i couldnt blame Down people for not travelling they way the team have collapsed in the past. A lot of money to travel to see that especially when its on the TV.
In saying that i will be in Breffni for the minor and the senior matches. A Minor victory and a narrow defeat the best we can hope for.

SHEEDY

good luck to both down teams tomorrow. #believe.
nil satis nisi optimum