Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Capt Pat on October 05, 2020, 01:21:32 AM
Does this United defeat mean Dortmund will squeeze an extra 20 million outof United for Sancho?

Maybe, maybe not. He alone won't change anything unfortunately. Probably become 'deadwood' whenever the next manager comes in.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

GetOverTheBar

Whatever about Maguire, just because Eric Bailly is a quick runner, doesn't mean he is in anyway a good defender. Truly awful performance, no defensive mind whatsoever.

Jeepers Creepers

Used to love when Fergies team took the occasional tanking he would stare down the camera in the post match interview and sternly say that it wont happen again. Oh to have those days back.
Sancho wouldnt have made the slightest bit of difference yesterday and the fact Utd havent been openly looking for a centre half really doesn't put any pressure on current defence.
Shaw shouldn't be in the first team again and a few more players could do with bing dropped but the squad isnt strong enough to allow OGS this option.
Read a good quote if Utd were being run as a proper football club that OGS would'nt be the manager but as I said yesterday he can only go if changes above him are made first.

BennyCake

I'd get rid of that lazy hoor Pogba. He's a useless sack of shit.

magpie seanie

That back 4 are not as bad as they looked yesterday. They're not good enough to move the team forward and achieve better results that decent cup runs and 3rd place. What happened yesterday was atrocious. Such a collection of calamitous individual errors - it's difficult to comprehend. People always tend to overreact (negatively and positively) but it's quite clear what has happened here. United get back into Champions League (thus complying with sponsorship deal terms) and they stop backing the manager. Reminiscent of the summer before Mourinho's departure. I'd have more sympathy with Ole as pretty much all his signings have been a success.

What happens from here is crucial. International break so United have to get back to brass tacks and start defending as a unit and cut out the individual errors. Get the mindset right - it looks like they're feeling sorry for themselves (thanks Ed Woodward and co).....need to buck up. I think Ole and co will do this and turn it around as they did before. Hoping Cavani might bring something to it and Telles will mean the end of beer keg on legs. I think if Cavani can stay fit he'll have an influence but back four needs to tighten up or it's all over. I think they will - they couldn't keep playing as badly as this.

Even as bad as United currently are it must be said Spurs looked good. Really sharp. Kane, when fully fit, is really a brilliant player.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: BennyCake on October 05, 2020, 10:12:34 AM

His mindset is terrible for sure. How long has he left on his contract?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

BennyCake

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 05, 2020, 11:31:01 AM

No idea, but who'd want the useless bollix?

Bronco

Pogba is a very talented player,but he isn't being used to his strengths. In a way he's a victim of his own versatility.

RedHand88

Quote from: Bronco on October 05, 2020, 11:43:05 AM
Pogba is a very talented player,but he isn't being used to his strengths. In a way he's a victim of his own versatility.

Jesus christ.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 05, 2020, 11:31:01 AM
I’d get rid of that lazy hoor Pogba. He’s a useless sack of shit.

He's a mile off the pace in fitness having missed out on training after getting the virus, he shouldn't haven't started any of the last 3 PL games. Yesterday Pogba was at fault for two of the goals, Maguire at fault for the first two goals and Bailly, Shaw at fault for the others. Some catalogue of errors in one match Christmas came early for Jose.

thewobbler

That's an interesting narrative.

By "interesting" I mean, "when a player has continually underachieved for 3 years, attempts to defend him is just being contrary for the sake of it".

Bronco

The season before last he scored 13 league goals and had 10 assists despite not always being played in an advanced role. The season before that he had 13 assists.

To me that's a good return for any midfielder under the circumstances, especially when you factor in many of his teammates were terrible.

I believe a lot of the criticism he gets is racist pure and simple. There's absolutely no chance a white English midfielder performing to Pogba's level would get the same level of unwarranted criticism.

Quote from: thewobbler on October 05, 2020, 11:52:12 AM

By "interesting" I mean, "when a player has continually underachieved for 3 years, attempts to defend him is just being contrary for the sake of it".

oakleaflad

Cavani and Telles having medicals. Deals should go through today.

Also heavily rumoured to have agreed a deal to sign 18 year old winger Amad Traore from Atalanta for 30m Euros plus add ons, with him joining in January due to issues obtaining a work permit.

Taylor

Quote from: Bronco on October 05, 2020, 12:04:15 PM
The season before last he scored 13 league goals and had 10 assists despite not always being played in an advanced role. The season before that he had 13 assists.

To me that's a good return for any midfielder under the circumstances, especially when you factor in many of his teammates were terrible.

I believe a lot of the criticism he gets is racist pure and simple. There's absolutely no chance a white English midfielder performing to Pogba's level would get the same level of unwarranted criticism.

Quote from: thewobbler on October 05, 2020, 11:52:12 AM

Racist?
Show me an white English midfielder who was signed for what he was signed for and what he is paid weekly?

If there was one and he was carrying on the way Pogba does (on and off the field) he would be destroyed by the English media

Bronco

What do you mean carrying on like Pogba off the field? What has he done that's so objectionable to you?

Also his price tag is nothing to do with him, more Utd's incompetence in getting a good price.