RTE and SKY Live Coverage of GAA Championships 2014

Started by SLIGONIAN, April 18, 2011, 02:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: J OGorman on July 31, 2014, 09:35:21 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on July 30, 2014, 11:43:54 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 07, 2014, 10:14:09 PM
Anyone know how I can get to watch Sunday Game live from yesterday as RTE player won't let me play it as I'm in North?

Change your ISP to one that tells RTÉ you are in the North.

information overload ;-)

download Hola, its a Google Chrome plugin that makes sites like rte think you are in the south. Install it and change the flag in the top right of Google chrome to the tricolour, then go to rte.ie/player and watch away. Ive used away at it in the past using BT broadband based in Derry

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hola-better-internet/gkojfkhlekighikafcpjkiklfbnlmeio?hl=en#detail/hola-better-internet/gkojfkhlekighikafcpjkiklfbnlmeio?hl=en

Maybe a stupid question, but will this work from anywhere in the world?
Hasta la victoria siempre

J OGorman

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on July 31, 2014, 09:40:15 AM
Anyone know how I can get to watch Sunday Game live from yesterday as RTE player won't let me play it as I'm in North?

information overload ;-)

download Hola, its a Google Chrome plugin that makes sites like rte think you are in the south. Install it and change the flag in the top right of Google chrome to the tricolour, then go to rte.ie/player and watch away. Ive used away at it in the past using BT broadband based in Derry

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hola-better-internet/gkojfkhlekighikafcpjkiklfbnlmeio?hl=en#detail/hola-better-internet/gkojfkhlekighikafcpjkiklfbnlmeio?hl=en

off hand, not sure sir. Have a wee read through the faq's. will do the same to see what i get (will be away foreign for the 2nd 2 quarter-finals myself)

Beagslife

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on July 31, 2014, 09:40:15 AM

information overload ;-)

Hi J OGorman,

I don't know much about Hola but I live in Portugal and for a number of years, I've had to head to the local Irish bar for the big games. In recent years however, it's become easier to watch the live games, in the comfort of your own home. That's not to say, that visits to the Irish bar don't still happen on occasion!

If you haven't gone with the GAAGo service, or Hola, why not consider a cheap option, which is much more reliable than the many free streams available online.

The service I use, allows me to watch the full RTE coverage, AerTV (live Irish channels), SkyGo, BBC etc, without having to use a full VPN service.

OverPlay SmartDNS lets you watch all of the above services and more, wherever you are in the world. It bypasses the geo-blocking on most tv streaming sites.

I pay US$5 (€3.90) a month through PayPal for their SmartDNS service. It can be started/stopped every other month if needed. They offer good customer support and the site has helpful guides for setting up the service.

Once set up, you can use it on a pc, smartphone, iPad, smart tv etc. Alternatively you can set it up on your router, so that all devices using the router get the benefit. It doesn't affect your download speeds.

To watch on the big screen, I use a mini pc connected up to my HDTV. You can also use a linked laptop, or even some blu-ray players with good browser capabilities. Some Samsung smart tv's and blu-ray players can even have the RTE Player App loaded. But that's a story for another day. PM me if you need more info on it.

I use either the RTE live streams on the RTE Player, or AerTV.ie (now subscription based for HD channels - €6 per month) to watch most of the GAA. If you have SkyGo, it also works outside of Ireland, or the UK. Similarly it works with Netflix (you can even change to the US version), BBC iPlayer (when outside the UK), Hulu and BeIn Sports (for Premiership football) etc.

I hope the above helps your or someone else, to enjoy the rest of the Championship drama as it unfolds.

Up Donegal!!!

Nigel White

I got caught out with Setanta. I allowed the kids to order the National League package which was 3 months for something like £18 ? What they didn't notice was that I had to cancel the package after the three months.  I wasn't aware of this and have been paying the cnuts £9.99 a month since then. I know it's nobody's fault but my own, but I still feel it's so pretty sharp practice

ONeill

information overload ;-)

No wee flag showing up for me...any ideas?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

She is now. Love flags. Thanks a million for this.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Farrandeelin

Haven't seen much of Sligonian lately, hope he's ok. Anyway, seen as the champpionships start this weekend, have any of the channels come out and said what their schedule is?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 27, 2016, 12:30:35 PM
Haven't seen much of Sligonian lately, hope he's ok. Anyway, seen as the champpionships start this weekend, have any of the channels come out and said what their schedule is?

Anybody heard anything?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

tintin25

Will the Fermanagh/Antrim game be shown live on rte?

armaghniac

Quote from: tintin25 on May 08, 2016, 01:56:43 PM

Sky generally go for the big games.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

drici

Quote from: tintin25 on May 08, 2016, 01:56:43 PM

Derry v Tyrone is the 1st match to be shown live on Sunday 22nd May.

The Sunday night highlights/talk show starts on Sunday 15th May.

Syferus

drici

Dublin v Wexford H
Derry v Tyrone
Cork v Tipperary H
Cavan v Armagh
Monaghan v Down
Waterford v Clare H
Donegal v Fermanagh/Antrim
Leitrim/Roscommon v Sligo
Qualifier
Derry/Tyrone v Cavan/Armagh
Limerick v Cork/Tipperary H
Longford/Offaly/Westmeath v Wexford/Kildare
Laois/Wicklow/Dublin v Meath/Louth/Carlow
Qualifier
Munster Football Final
Leinster Hurling Final H
Qualifier
Connacht Football Final
Munster Hurling Final H
Ulster Football Final
Leinster Football Final
All Ireland Hurling Quarter Final H
All Ireland Hurling Quarter Final H
All Ireland Football Quarter Final
All Ireland Football Quarter Final
Both Hurling Semi Finals and both Football Semi Finals
Finals of both.

Cllr Willie Power

Any idea when Sky Sports are releasing their list of fixtures or when their coverage is starting?