Depression

Started by Eamonnca1, October 25, 2013, 09:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STREET FIGHTER

This is a great thread for comfort....some sound advice...

I think for many....there can be really bad days mixed with good....a real strange world out there...

It's easy to say with hindsight...but I often find myself worrying about various problems....only to overcome them a short while after....and think....what the hell was I worrying about?

Obviously it's not as simple as I describe...but hopefully you get the idea...

Its important to remember that tomorrow's a new day...

I wish all those suffering the very best.....its certainly not easy at times...

Keep the head up as best you can....

Please also remember folks.....there's people that depend on you and your strength....keep that in mind when feeling down...

SF

paddyjohn

seafoid

We may not all agree on the short season but we are all behind you, Paddyjohn
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Upandover

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on June 30, 2023, 10:55:42 PM

I think for many....there can be really bad days mixed with good....a real strange world out there...

It's easy to say with hindsight...but I often find myself worrying about various problems....only to overcome them a short while after....and think....what the hell was I worrying about?

Please also remember folks.....there's people that depend on you and your strength....keep that in mind when feeling down...

SF
Long time sufferer myself, at times i find my head almost searching for things to worry about and fixate on, wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy.

To anyone suffering, try and keep the head up folks.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Upandover on September 11, 2023, 09:38:58 PM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on June 30, 2023, 10:55:42 PM

SF
Long time sufferer myself, at times i find my head almost searching for things to worry about and fixate on, wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy.

To anyone suffering, try and keep the head up folks.

I'd be the exact same - it's a never ending nightmare.

Upandover

Yea im always bad when i lose routine, say im off work etc my mental health seems to deteriorate when ive too much time on my hands or out of routine.

Alcohol is another thing that has a huge affect on me, im at an age now where i know these triggers and do my best to avoid them.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Upandover on September 13, 2023, 02:23:40 PM
Yea im always bad when i lose routine, say im off work etc my mental health seems to deteriorate when ive too much time on my hands or out of routine.

Alcohol is another thing that has a huge affect on me, im at an age now where i know these triggers and do my best to avoid them.

Haven't touched a beer in since April and I feel totally different for it. I know the triggers now and I avoid them as much as I can.

Tony Baloney

The day or 2 after a big enough session can he hard going as the chemical balance is all over the place.

Taylor

Is the CBD oil, sweets etc any good for sleeping?

paddyjohn

Bump this thread around this time of year.

Keep talking folks and remember that you're never alone.

Eamonnca1

Thanks, Paddy.

Winter Solstice tomorrow, I think. There'll be a "grand stretch in the evenings" soon enough, so we're through the worst of the year for a lot of people now. Hang in there if you're struggling. Post here if you need to, we're all here to help.

Dire Ear

Quote from: paddyjohn on December 21, 2023, 07:02:05 AMBump this thread around this time of year.

Keep talking folks and remember that you're never alone.

⬆️

Last Man

I urge anyone struggling in this regard to look up Dr Georgia Ede (psychiatrist) May well not be the whole story but its certainly part of it.
https://www.diagnosisdiet.com/

paddyjohn

Brighter days ahead comrades.

Keep talking and keep fighting the good fight