Things that make you feel old...

Started by 5 Sams, November 04, 2016, 08:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

passedit

Quote from: armaghniac on November 14, 2019, 11:02:24 AM
The thing about this thread that makes me feel old is that 5Sams started it.

I was thinking the same thing.
Don't Panic

seafoid

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 05, 2016, 09:50:24 AM
Would ye give over the lot of ye...while there's a breath in your body and a rise in your pecker you're still young!!  Old is a state of mind and if you think you're old then you are!!
Groucho Marx , at the age of 81, said "I'm going to Iowa to collect an award. Then I'm appearing at Carnegie Hall, it's sold out. Then I'm sailing to France to pick up an honour from the French government. I'd give it all up for one erection."
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

armaghniac

Quote from: seafoid on November 14, 2019, 04:22:50 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 05, 2016, 09:50:24 AM
Would ye give over the lot of ye...while there's a breath in your body and a rise in your pecker you're still young!!  Old is a state of mind and if you think you're old then you are!!
Groucho Marx , at the age of 81, said "I'm going to Iowa to collect an award. Then I'm appearing at Carnegie Hall, it's sold out. Then I'm sailing to France to pick up an honour from the French government. I'd give it all up for one erection."

the factory down in Cork will sort him out.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jell 0 Biafra

That'll be very impressive if they can.

Gmac

When the barber says do u want me to trim your ear hair .

passedit

Quote from: Gmac on November 15, 2019, 02:09:02 AM
When the barber says do u want me to trim your ear hair .

When it takes them longer to trim your eyebrows than your hair. Still the only thing worse than getting old is not getting old.
Don't Panic

RedHand88

Quote from: tbrick18 on November 14, 2019, 10:22:55 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 08, 2019, 02:31:09 PM
;D

To be fair I think I heard of them years ago and it was more my parents didn't want to buy them than they didn't exist when I was young!

There used to be world book door-to-door sales men.
Basically you buy maybe 20-30 encyclopaedia size books that had all the latest details on various topics. For example, there might have been a geography book or a Science book. So when you were doing your homework and you needed help, you could look it up in the world book.
I think there was a couple of options when buying them, a 1 off purchase or a subscription where you got updated versions every year.

A different time.

They were great. Every house in Ireland had a set.

seafoid

It's 11 years since Tyrone won the All Ireland
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

balladmaker

Quote from: seafoid on November 15, 2019, 12:57:09 PM

The scary thing is that it won't be a blink until it's been 21 years since they've won an All Ireland, time really does fly!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: balladmaker on November 15, 2019, 01:06:38 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 15, 2019, 12:57:09 PM

The scary thing is that it won't be a blink until it's been 21 years since they've won an All Ireland, time really does fly!

Harte will still be manager
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: tbrick18 on November 14, 2019, 10:22:55 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 08, 2019, 02:31:09 PM
;D

To be fair I think I heard of them years ago and it was more my parents didn't want to buy them than they didn't exist when I was young!

There used to be world book door-to-door sales men.
Basically you buy maybe 20-30 encyclopaedia size books that had all the latest details on various topics. For example, there might have been a geography book or a Science book. So when you were doing your homework and you needed help, you could look it up in the world book.
I think there was a couple of options when buying them, a 1 off purchase or a subscription where you got updated versions every year.

A different time.

A different time indeed. My mam was an agent at one selling them so we had the deluxe set along with a set of Child Craft encyclopaedias. I used to sit and read them over and over again and was fascinated by them. I particularly used to love reading the sections on fish for some obscure reason. Loved the clouds of the deep sea fish!

Square Ball

When a lot of the new recruits in your office are younger than you youngest child.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Milltown Row2

Sitting in a changing room before your match and the youngest player is 31 years your junior!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 15, 2019, 07:03:12 PM
Sitting in a changing room before your match and the youngest player is 31 years your junior!

That's a very crowded referee's room!!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on November 15, 2019, 07:12:07 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 15, 2019, 07:03:12 PM

That's a very crowded referee's room!!!

My last hurling game of the year  :(