The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ball Hopper

Anyone think the stadia so far are superior looking to any of our provincial grounds? 

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Ball Hopper on September 22, 2019, 05:39:52 PM
Anyone think the stadia so far are superior looking to any of our provincial grounds?
Definitely. I don't think I have ever seen anything like the stadium today for the Irish game.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Crete Boom

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 22, 2019, 09:55:23 PM
Quote from: Ball Hopper on September 22, 2019, 05:39:52 PM
Definitely. I don't think I have ever seen anything like the stadium today for the Irish game.

I was in that stadium 17 years ago to see Gary Breen score a peach if a goal against Saudi Arabia!!

highorlow

QuoteDefinitely. I don't think I have ever seen anything like the stadium today for the Irish game.

Not that impressive. Big running track isn't great. Like Murrayfield .
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

passedit

Quote from: highorlow on September 22, 2019, 10:31:39 PM
QuoteDefinitely. I don't think I have ever seen anything like the stadium today for the Irish game.

Not that impressive. Big running track isn't great. Like Murrayfield .

Was at the game and agree ground was nothing special, like Murrayfield. Tbf the Japanese were well organised and it was easy to get in and away from. I could definitely get used to having beer brought to my seat!

This was more like the Ireland of last year I thought. The rest of the group games are now about making sure everyone is healthy for SA. Apparently they are down a few bodies after the New Zealand game.
Don't Panic

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/liam-toland-clinical-ireland-do-their-job-with-distinction-1.4026546

"when we look at a vulnerable Irish breakdown we find one such example. Garry Ringrose carried a one out pass around the fringes of the Scottish defence and was immediately vulnerable to blue jerseys.

Then, go tobann, the two Irish props, Cian Healy and Tadhg Furlong, came barrelling in, low as the grass and smashed Hamish Watson, the only Scot that could affect a turnover, backwards. Unfortunately Watson's match was over, but both Ringrose and the ball remained Irish."

Senior hurling
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Taylor

Clinical performance and got the result.
Boring rugby but thats what it will take.

For the SA game I imagine we will need to be more expansive because of the strength of their pack but would have to assume Joe has a plan in mind for that game.

Scotland are really horrible - could struggle to get out of the group

GetOverTheBar

Ireland will be in the position to take it easy going into the quarter finals provided nothing shocking happens from here.

seafoid

Best got a lot of stick after the England match but he put in a good shift including a try.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Joeythelips

It was all about the result, Ireland's real world cup begins in the next round now bar a disaster against Japan. The reality is that Ireland hammered Scotland, they may not be a side on the level of a South Africa but they are no mugs. Ireland in works cups have a poor record of performing against teams when they are favourites also so it's a cracking result in my book.

Next up we have Japan, we get through that and we can start resting our stars so we are 100% ready for South Africa. We manage to win that and we are in a great place.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on September 23, 2019, 07:03:36 PM
Best got a lot of stick after the England match but he put in a good shift including a try.

Thought he had his best game for a while against the Scots
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 23, 2019, 11:17:33 PM
Quote from: seafoid on September 23, 2019, 07:03:36 PM

Thought he had his best game for a while against the Scots

Job done and with some lads who'd been dung in the 6N and against England finding a bit of form, albeit the Scots rolled over to get their bellies tickled...

South Africa looked formidable enough in getting beat by the All Blacks.  They crucified the All Black scrum but All Blacks aren't inclined to give many away and get the ball out the back quick pronto anyway.

There's absolutely no pretense now in putting a ball straight into the scrum...

Never beat the deeler

Watched the Uruguay v Fiji game last night - really enjoyable stuff. The Fijians would frustrate you if you were a fan!

Uruguay similar, just throwing the ball around. Captain was real emotional after the game.
Hasta la victoria siempre

Walt Jabsco

Tony Baloney