Hefty Bans....

Started by 5 Sams, October 09, 2008, 03:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirit of 94

Billy The Kid
How have I tried to justify what happened?  From the outset I have stated that individual bans were required.  My problem is that DCB have punished the entire club for the actions of the minority, that's the precedent here. Still it's good to see that you agree with me on that one. As for your continued denials of fighting at that match, you're just making yourself look silly. ;D ;D

Tbrick
One question, were you at the match?  If you're basing your argument on what you have seen on TV then I'm afraid you're on a loser. As with BTK your continued denials of fighting just make you look silly. I'm not having a dig at your club, just pointing out that DCB turned a blind eye to that incident (and many others), yet imposed ludicrous sanctions on my club. You're right, we'll never agree, because even when I have answered your question, and stated the FACTS, you can't bring yourself to admit the obvious. 

Franko
I've had a look through your recent posts.  Do any of the snippets below sound familiar.

"cut another deal"
"dodgy climbdowns"
"mountain men"
"Our friends from the mountain have always had a problem with being told what to do."

As I have previously stated, and this applies to BTK and TB as well, claims of being on the wind-up don't hold water.  This is just a cowardly way for you to try to distance yourself from your mud-slinging, gossiping and innuendo.

As for not being from 'Screen, have you ever thought of moving there? ;D ;D

wherefromreferee?

Anybody else think that TBrick, Billy The Kid, Franko and Spirit should just get over it??
In your Endo!

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on October 22, 2008, 09:38:00 AM
Anybody else think that TBrick, Billy The Kid, Franko and Spirit should just get over it??

100%

tbrick18

I've already said "End of" at the end of my last post.
I have no intention of responding further to this id....individual...on this topic.

Franko

Quote from: tbrick18 on October 22, 2008, 10:07:21 AM
I've already said "End of" at the end of my last post.
I have no intention of responding further to this id....individual...on this topic.

What he said :)

Spirit of 94

Yeah WFR you're right.  I'm happy enough to leave it now that I've successfully challeneged their insults, gossip, innuendo and lies.  You didn't really expect it to go unchallenged did youse boys?  So I'm prepared to let it drop for now, or forever, if this type of posting ceases.  I only come on here for the latest news and a bit of craic, not to be insulted.

billy the kid

Quote from: Spirit of 94 on October 22, 2008, 11:21:18 AM
Yeah WFR you're right.  I'm happy enough to leave it now that I've successfully challeneged their insults, gossip, innuendo and lies.   You didn't really expect it to go unchallenged did youse boys?  So I'm prepared to let it drop for now, or forever, if this type of posting ceases.  I only come on here for the latest news and a bit of craic, not to be insulted.

Would your imaginary fight at the screen Glen game not count as a lie considering nobody else who was at the match or played in it happened to see it? My club has been involved in a few rows but not at the game your talking about.

The only thing you have been successful at is making yourself look like a tool making up lies about other clubs and trying to defend outrageous behaviour from some of your clubmates.

I have stated all along that the blanket ban was wrong but the individual bans were fair enough so get over it.  I have no problem with your club, as you have suggested, I do however have a problem with the way some of them behaved in the county final, and I would condem and call for lengthy bans for that type of disgraceful no matter what club it was.

I know many very decent people from Slaughtneil and have some friends there but you are definately not one of them.

This is my last post on this subject as it is going round in circles and you are obviously not capable of admitting that your clubmates were in the wrong without taking a childish "but its not our fault and they did it too" stance.

WFR is right lets all move on and this is now old news. 
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

orangeman

Quote from: billy the kid on October 22, 2008, 11:45:31 AM
Yeah WFR you're right.  I'm happy enough to leave it now that I've successfully challeneged their insults, gossip, innuendo and lies.   You didn't really expect it to go unchallenged did youse boys?  So I'm prepared to let it drop for now, or forever, if this type of posting ceases.  I only come on here for the latest news and a bit of craic, not to be insulted.

Would your imaginary fight at the screen Glen game not count as a lie considering nobody else who was at the match or played in it happened to see it? My club has been involved in a few rows but not at the game your talking about.

The only thing you have been successful at is making yourself look like a tool making up lies about other clubs and trying to defend outrageous behaviour from some of your clubmates.

I have stated all along that the blanket ban was wrong but the individual bans were fair enough so get over it.  I have no problem with your club, as you have suggested, I do however have a problem with the way some of them behaved in the county final, and I would condem and call for lengthy bans for that type of disgraceful no matter what club it was.

I know many very decent people from Slaughtneil and have some friends there but you are definately not one of them.

This is my last post on this subject as it is going round in circles and you are obviously not capable of admitting that your clubmates were in the wrong without taking a childish "but its not our fault and they did it too" stance.

;) :D :D

Spirit of 94

Quote from: billy the kid on October 22, 2008, 11:45:31 AM

Look, I've already said I'll let this lie, IF the insults stop.  These won't go unchallenged and the only purpose they serve is to highlight the poor quality of your arguements (rants).

Will Hunting

It's not just the Derry County Board that come down heavy on mischievous activities:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7700816.stm

Personally I think the ban is too much, but if you're gonna get a 72-week suspension for head-butting then i suppose 12 weeks seems fair.

tonesfirstandlast

Quote from: Will Hunting on October 31, 2008, 12:05:49 PM
It's not just the Derry County Board that come down heavy on mischievous activities:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7700816.stm

Personally I think the ban is too much, but if you're gonna get a 72-week suspension for head-butting then i suppose 12 weeks seems fair.

Jonathan was with Fergal Logan this morning. He thinks they have them on a technicality but feels at least that the Ulster Council will cut it to four weeks from the date of the offence.

Brand should get his lengthened!