Hefty Bans....

Started by 5 Sams, October 09, 2008, 03:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidelineKick

Quote from: under the bar on October 09, 2008, 05:03:33 PM
QuoteFrancis McEldowney - 1 year (Left field)
Fergal McEldowney - 1 year (Left field)

Should these read "Left Field..to fight with spectators"?

Yes its not their positions.

As for what was said to them to provoke them, does it really matter? Any senior player, especially one that plays county football, who jumps into a crowd of people swinging fists and boots deserves all he gets.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

magpie seanie

Well its just that someone mentioned their father was involved somehow and if for example (not saying this happened cos I don't know) someone was attacking my father in the crowd I'd be over the fench swinging clips in no time.

orangeman

It must also be stated that a member of the Ballinderry backroom team was banned for 2 years after an alleged spitting incident and that apparently there are more bans to follow for Ballinderry in the coming days.

Says who ???

SidelineKick

The BBC, perhaps they know more than we do!

Reported.

Doire abú

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 09, 2008, 05:26:46 PM
Well its just that someone mentioned their father was involved somehow and if for example (not saying this happened cos I don't know) someone was attacking my father in the crowd I'd be over the fench swinging clips in no time.

Would you expect to get away without a ban if you did so?

orangeman

Ballinderry lads didn't do anything - can't see how they'll get banned -

In fact the Slaughtneil lads weren't involved in a riot - would there have been 5 punches threw in the whole thing ??

pintsofguinness

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 09, 2008, 05:26:46 PM
Same here, they hardly done that without a reason?

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

SidelineKick

Its still not acceptable Pints.

Orange...the closest thing I seen to an actual Ballinderry player being involved was Darren Conway holding someone back so I am curious to see where these further bans will come drom as well.  If they have already been fined then thats the club punished for their supporters being involved in the incident!

That should be it I think.

Reported.

orangeman

Quote from: SidelineKick on October 09, 2008, 05:40:47 PM
Its still not acceptable Pints.

Orange...the closest thing I seen to an actual Ballinderry player being involved was Darren Conway holding someone back so I am curious to see where these further bans will come drom as well.  If they have already been fined then thats the club punished for their supporters being involved in the incident!

That should be it I think.

Exactly - that should be the end of it and Ballinderry should be allowed to get back into training for the Ulster club championship free from any diversions.

cornafean

There seems to be an element of Father Ted up there at the moment - especially after the Brian McGilligan & Niall Conway "suspension" affair.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

orangeman

Quote from: cornafean on October 09, 2008, 05:46:04 PM
There seems to be an element of Father Ted up there at the moment - especially after the Brian McGilligan & Niall Conway "suspension" affair.

It's been runing nearly as long as the whole Fr. Ted series !

midLouth

Seems very heavy handed, and to punish a whole club, of who knows how many members over the actions of a few.

treborstemme

QuoteSeems very heavy handed, and to punish a whole club, of who knows how many members over the actions of a few.

here here

AFS

Bit of a clip of some of this on the BBC news there. Looked ugly with players fighting among the crowd and several men having to be held back from each other at the final whistle. Not the type of scenes that paint our game in a positive light to say the least.  :(

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.