Now the coffers are running dry in Mayo

Started by Barney, October 29, 2008, 08:27:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

The grounds should be renamed after development. Hopefully not after some company though. Never been happy about the place that was called after a clergyman who passed away before the organisation was even founded. I d be in favour of Flanagan Park.

boojangles

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 29, 2008, 03:56:36 PM
Have to say Kingspan are a great sponsor to the Cavan team but I hate the fact that our ground, the oldest in Ulster, is called Kiingspan Breffni Park. I think it is sad to rename things that have great historical importance for the sake of a few euros.
Have to disagree there Myles,at the end of the day You, Me and our sons and everyone else for years to come will always call it Breifne Park.Whatever the few signs and newspapers,the TV and Radio have to call it I think its definetely worth the 4 or 500,000 Euro that Kingspan have ploughed back into Cavan football over the last number of years.Have you been out the back of Breifne Park lately?Another pitch near ready and another on the way AFAIK. I know thats not only Kingspans money going on the training pitches but it certainly has helped.

muppet

Quote from: moysider on October 29, 2008, 11:09:47 PM

The grounds should be renamed after development. Hopefully not after some company though. Never been happy about the place that was called after a clergyman who passed away before the organisation was even founded. I d be in favour of Flanagan Park.

Not sure about, that but he certainly preached against the Land League. Michael Davitt Park would be far more appropriate.
MWWSI 2017

stephenite

mylestheslasher

Quote from: boojangles on October 30, 2008, 12:34:47 AM
Have to say Kingspan are a great sponsor to the Cavan team but I hate the fact that our ground, the oldest in Ulster, is called Kiingspan Breffni Park. I think it is sad to rename things that have great historical importance for the sake of a few euros.
Have to disagree there Myles,at the end of the day You, Me and our sons and everyone else for years to come will always call it Breifne Park.Whatever the few signs and newspapers,the TV and Radio have to call it I think its definetely worth the 4 or 500,000 Euro that Kingspan have ploughed back into Cavan football over the last number of years.Have you been out the back of Breifne Park lately?Another pitch near ready and another on the way AFAIK. I know thats not only Kingspans money going on the training pitches but it certainly has helped.

I don't see how you disagree with me. I said I am very happy with Kingspan as a sponsor but I would prefer if their name was removed from  the name of the ground.

boojangles

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 30, 2008, 08:34:00 AM
Quote from: boojangles on October 30, 2008, 12:34:47 AM

I don't see how you disagree with me. I said I am very happy with Kingspan as a sponsor but I would prefer if their name was removed from  the name of the ground.
My point was,for the sake of the Media having to call it Kingspan Breifne Park I think its worth it.Its not like the ordinary supporter calls it Kingspan Breifne Park.

Leo

Knock Airport has been renamed about 4 times in its short history. After 100 years renaming McHale Park should be no big deal as long as the name is above reproach.
Ceathru Pee Flynn?
Fierce tame altogether

Bod Mor

Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

Son_of_Sam

Quote from: Leo on October 30, 2008, 04:02:43 PM
Knock Airport has been renamed about 4 times in its short history. After 100 years renaming McHale Park should be no big deal as long as the name is above reproach.
Ceathru Pee Flynn?

Calling it after P Flynn, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I'd rather have England soccer team play Dublin in Ballet dancing in Holy McHale than have it named after that @#$%^&

Son_of_Sam

Quote from: Bod Mor on October 31, 2008, 12:06:49 AM
Anthony Finnerty stadium.

Always felt sorry for him, remembered more for the goal he missed in '89 than the goal he scored.

Leo

Quote from: Son_of_Sam on October 31, 2008, 09:55:36 AM
Quote from: Leo on October 30, 2008, 04:02:43 PM
Ceathru Pee Flynn?

Calling it after P Flynn, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I'd rather have England soccer team play Dublin in Ballet dancing in Holy McHale than have it named after that @#$%^&

Irony, SOS?
Fierce tame altogether

Lar Naparka

Well, we could start a bidding war amongst the burger barons and say we're gonna call it Supermac Stadium. Then we'd wait and see if any of them comes up with enough dosh to make us think of changing it. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi