Pre season training regimes

Started by 5 Sams, December 14, 2006, 12:27:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anportmorforjfc

Had the first outdoor training there on sunday and im still hurting from it  >:(. Thats what i get for doing nothing for 3 months :-\

Mario

You can eat loads of eggs, just don't eat the yolk everytime, i sometimes make scrambled end with 4 eggs, only use one yolk though. Its the part with the colestrol

Jinxy

Don't worry about the cholesterol in the eggs.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

AbbeySider

Quote from: Jinxy on February 10, 2010, 08:13:23 PM
Don't worry about the cholesterol in the eggs.

Your encouraging 6 eggs a day, which is 42 a week?

ffs... 

Jinxy

What?  ???
None of my comments have been addressed to haranguer.
I'm talking about the link between eggs, dietary cholesterol and serum/blood cholesterol.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Overthebar!

any of your clubs looking for any pre-season games in the next few weeks perhaps midweek or on a sunday?
senior derry club looking for a few games. pm me if interested!

haranguerer

Just seen this now Abbeysider, I'll take it on-board. Never really passed much remarks on my diet - part from obviously avoiding chips, pizzas etc. It seems that while there is some debate as to how bad eggs are for you, my intake might be excessive even if they're not as bad as originally believed.

Pity, cos they're great  :-\

AbbeySider

Quote from: haranguerer on February 22, 2010, 01:45:48 PM
Just seen this now Abbeysider, I'll take it on-board. Never really passed much remarks on my diet - part from obviously avoiding chips, pizzas etc. It seems that while there is some debate as to how bad eggs are for you, my intake might be excessive even if they're not as bad as originally believed.

Pity, cos they're great  :-\

If you use mostly egg whites in scrambled eggs and omelettes and you will be fine as its the white of the egg that contains the protein and is low in fat.

Eggs may not be bad for you, but in excessive amounts (and yolks) it wouldnt be great.

(http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cholesterol/HQ00608)
(posting a link but im sure you could find counter arguments)