Seó Spóirt

Started by 5 Sams, February 07, 2017, 12:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Beidh an clár seo curtha ar ceal ag TG4 i mí Aibreáin.

TG4 have made the flabbergasting decision to get rid of the show in April. Probably the best GAA pundit show on the telly at the minute and what do our broadcasters do?????

Bin it...
The Aristocrat Years

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

GalwayBayBoy

Seems a strange decision. Can't imagine it's that expensive a show to produce.

rosnarun

hopefully they'll replace it . a more rounded ie. less rounded rugby ball, type show?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Rossfan

They'll probably have some lighthearted Marty "what a character" Morrissey childish bullshit show on RTÈ2 instead.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

twohands!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a ratings issue.

The live broadcasts of the GAA matches are pretty much consistently the number one watched programs on TG4 every month in the TAM ratings. However Seo Spoirt doesn't seem to ever feature in the top ten most watched programs on TG4 - and the thing is there are often some absolutely shocking efforts in the top 10 programs (it's not unusual to see some forgettable US film from 20 plus years ago be in the top ten most weekly watched programs) When the live games are consistently number one in terms of attracting an audience and the discussion show doesn't seem to be be attracting anything like the same viewership I'd imagine even at TG4 questions would be asked. I wouldn't be surprised if TG4 aren't taking into account just how many people with minimal interest in the language are tuning in to watch the games live and either muting the commentary or mentally tuning it out.

fearsiuil

That's a pity. Dara Ó Cinnéide excellent in the chair and some good pundits normally present...and them there's SBB!

Syferus

Never watched, nor did I even know anyone who did. Probably explains exactly why it was canned.

Anything that takes cash from Sean Ban's pocket is a good move in my book.

Rossfan

Always watched it, great intelligent programme with excellent pundits - ach amhàin Seàn Bàn biased magairle  Gaillimheach.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rosnarun

Quote from: Syferus on February 08, 2017, 01:01:08 AM
Never watched, nor did I even know anyone who did. Probably explains exactly why it was canned.

Anything that takes cash from Sean Ban's pocket is a good move in my book.
what a nasty bitter statement
what exactly is the problem with a man who has spent his life trying to drag the irish language out of Peig and into everyday life?

anyway if they were trying to see how much of a reaction pulling the show would create the lack of comments here may justify their decision
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

GalwayBayBoy

The odd time SBB was on Seo Spoirt he usually spent most of it putting the boot into the Galway footballers and/or hurlers. Yes he's a Galway man but he didn't spare the rod in bashing them.

Syferus

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 08, 2017, 01:56:20 PM
The odd time SBB was on Seo Spoirt he usually spent most of it putting the boot into the Galway footballers and/or hurlers. Yes he's a Galway man but he didn't spare the rod in bashing them.

He hates the other Connacht counties far more. Why a Mayo buck would see fit to defend him because he speaks a few words in Irish is beyond me.

Imagine an Irish-speaking Joe Brolly. Then take the good points out. Now you've got Sean Ban.

All these pundit shows tend to be a bit shite, to be honest.

GalwayBayBoy