Sligo V Down Rd 4 Qualifier

Started by 5 Sams, July 18, 2010, 06:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Jaysus do we owe these boys one after our humiliation at their hands the last time we met. Thats was Paddy O'Rourke's last game. Where will this one be? Clones? Fcuk sake Croke Park put it on at a sensible time
The Aristocrat Years

All of a Sludden

Sligo were a touch unlucky today, only lost by a point. They will be out to prove a point I feel and should have too much for Down, who have stumbled through the qualifiers.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

The Konica

I think this will be the end of the road for an average Down side

Dubh driocht

Down are not great but better than average and will be better than Sligo

Cosmo Kramer

Sligo are a decent side but will struggle mentally with the short turnaround time from today's game, I'd fancy Down to sneak this one.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

From the Bunker

Sligo's aim this year would have been the semi-finals as Connact champions having beat Mayo and Galway. The loss today will be a big hit on them and i cannot see them beating Down.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

This one is there for the taking for the MEN from the WEST. Lads keep doing Connacht Proud. Up Sligo.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

borderfox

Down are the weakest of the 4 qualifiers and Sligo probably the strongest of the beaten provincial finalists. This game could go either way.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

5 Sams

Quote from: borderfox on July 18, 2010, 07:14:07 PM
Down are the weakest of the 4 qualifiers and Sligo probably the strongest of the beaten provincial finalists. This game could go either way.

Hard to figure out your logic there madra rua....would that not mean an easy win for Sligo :-\ :-\
The Aristocrat Years

Oakleafer1993

With the current teams left - I expect Down to reach the quarter finals and if they draw Rosscommon - maybe the semi finals - but thats with the luck of the draw!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 18, 2010, 07:29:05 PM

Hard to figure out your logic there madra rua....would that not mean an easy win for Sligo :-\ :-\

Sligo will not be fooled into talk of easy wins after today.

borderfox

Sligos performances against Mayo and Galway would surely beat Down I feel, but how much damage has that defeat against Roscommon put them back? ..and can their get their heads right psychologically in the next week? If Sligo can perform like they did earlier in Connacht they'll have too much for Down
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

charlieTully

who have armagh got next? ;D

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: borderfox on July 18, 2010, 07:44:14 PM

Sligos performances against Mayo and Galway would surely beat Down I feel, but how much damage has that defeat against Roscommon put them back? ..and can their get their heads right psychologically in the next week? If Sligo can perform like they did earlier in Connacht they'll have too much for Down

None, Roscommon's preformance was equal to any team this year. Roscommon where brilliant, Sligo should not fear as they are still a good team.

Leo

Down are at this stage without having played well in any game - poor against a bad Donegal team and it took extra time to beat them, suffed out by the Tyrone blanket after a blistering start yet  a few simple frees should have ben scored that would have seen Tyrone beaten, struggled against a poor Longford team and helped by a dubious penalty, and needing a big effort to overcome an Offaly team that on paper should have been no contest ....
yet Down are here while Galway, Armagh, Derry, Mayo etc are all gone.
Now anything can happen and it might just be time to come out and play.
Regardles of today's result, Down should have too much for Sligo who had both midfielders substituted today.
Fierce tame altogether