Liam Hayes

Started by 5 Sams, September 27, 2009, 07:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red hander

Such a hostile what?  Jaysus, I'm on tenterhooks...  Were you even in Omagh for that game you clown?

Mike Sheehy

No doubt it was mouthy twats like yourself that were barracking the Kerry team.....it was a disgrace and ye treated Dublin almost as badly before that. Tramps the lot of ye !

saffron sam2

Quote from: cornafean on September 28, 2009, 09:44:30 AM
Quote from: ONeill on September 27, 2009, 10:33:47 PM
In how he deports himself and presents himself, at this stage of his football life, he is still not the equal of Mickey Harte.

I couldn't imagine Mickey Harte letting himself down the way O'Connor did at the Tyrone v Kerry NFL game in Omagh last Spring.

Mickey's columns in the Irish News are certainly going that way. He has let himself down with the obvious sour grapes eminating from them. But then Hayes wouldn't have read those. And as shown in all his ramblings, Hayes is wrong about most things.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 29, 2009, 05:42:57 AM
No doubt it was mouthy t**ts like yourself that were barracking the Kerry team.....it was a disgrace and ye treated Dublin almost as badly before that. Tramps the lot of ye !

What a gracious winner.

Feed the trolls, we're the only friends they have.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

cornafean

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 28, 2009, 08:18:26 PM
In how he deports himself and presents himself, at this stage of his football life, he is still not the equal of Mickey Harte.

I couldn't imagine Mickey Harte letting himself down the way O'Connor did at the Tyrone v Kerry NFL game in Omagh last Spring.

Given the disgraceful way the Tyrone players and the Tyrone crowd behaved during and after that game I think Jack was quite restrained. It was disgusting the way the Tyrone crowd were chanting like soccer hooligans and their hatred toward the Kerry team was quite obvious. Tyrone have never received such a hostile when they have visited Killarney or Tralee.

If O'Connor finds it difficult to avoid acting like a hooligan whenever he meets one, then we can only draw our own conclusions. Thankfully Mickey Harte, and most other intercounty managers, can manage to conduct themselves more appropriately in challenging situations.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

saffron sam2

Quote from: cornafean on September 29, 2009, 10:42:49 AM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 28, 2009, 08:18:26 PM

Given the disgraceful way the Tyrone players and the Tyrone crowd behaved during and after that game I think Jack was quite restrained. It was disgusting the way the Tyrone crowd were chanting like soccer hooligans and their hatred toward the Kerry team was quite obvious. Tyrone have never received such a hostile when they have visited Killarney or Tralee.

If O'Connor finds it difficult to avoid acting like a hooligan whenever he meets one, then we can only draw our own conclusions. Thankfully Mickey Harte, and most other intercounty managers, can manage to conduct themselves more appropriately in challenging situations.

Would you consider an under 14 Vocational schools match a 'challenging situation'?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

blanketattack

Quote from: cornafean on September 28, 2009, 05:44:00 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on September 28, 2009, 11:21:17 AM

Jack O'Connor's involvement in the league game was about the same as Mickey Harte's involvement in the battle of Omagh against Dublin i.e. both pretty miniscule.

The photo here would suggest otherwise - caption "Kerry manager Jack O'Connor gets involved in a clash between Marc Ó Sé and Tyrone's Ryan McMenamin at Healy Park, Omagh, yesterday. - (Photograph: Inpho)"

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2009/0216/1233867938958.html

Yes, I'm sure it was Jack O'Connor that was the worst represented in that incident...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: blanketattack on September 29, 2009, 11:05:42 AM
Yes, I'm sure it was Jack O'Connor that was the worst represented in that incident...

Well, maybe if the Kerry players had done the decent and honourable thing and provided a Guard of Honour for the All-Ireland Champions (who so resoundingly beat them in the final), the atmosphere wouldn't have been so poisonous from the start  :P

O'Connor made an asbolute ass of himself, but I'm glad that it had the therapeutic effect of calming him down before the Championship began.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 29, 2009, 11:24:56 AM

Well, maybe if the Kerry players had done the decent and honourable thing and provided a Guard of Honour for the All-Ireland Champions (who so resoundingly beat them in the final), the atmosphere wouldn't have been so poisonous from the start  :P

O'Connor made an asbolute ass of himself, but I'm glad that it had the therapeutic effect of calming him down before the Championship began.

Oh the irony  ::)
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 29, 2009, 11:24:56 AM

Guards of Honour (if they mean that much to you) should only be done in the first league game of the year, after that it just gets ridiculous...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Maybe the both of you should learn to interpret emoticons  ;)

blewuporstuffed

No doubt it was mouthy t**ts like yourself that were barracking the Kerry team.....it was a disgrace and ye treated Dublin almost as badly before that. Tramps the lot of ye !
i thought we'd got rid of this tool
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Sandino

Mike make sure and introduce yourself when you come up to Omagh.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

red hander

So, you were you at the Dublin game too, were you?  You're a true Gael and a credit to your county...

Main Street

All threads lead to Tyrone.