Most memorable miss..

Started by 5 Sams, December 11, 2008, 11:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yes I Would

Thorntons v Armagh 02.. Remember thinkin once Pete got his paws on her..  "Here we go again"..
The rest is history.

Open yer eyes Man

Keith Barr's simple penalty miss in the 4th game of the epic battle with Meath in 1991.

Some reckon it was because Mick Lyons had a hold of his jersey, well he was close enough to grip it - me, I don't think so   ;)

Croí na hÉireann

Already been mentioned  :-[

On a positive note Kevin Fitzpatrick's in the Leinster Final in 2004, still have to check the recording the odd night sleepless night to verify it went wide...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

magpie seanie

Some would say McGarty v. Armagh in 2002. The closest I've been to a heart attack in my life and Joe Kernan about 15 yards in front of me didn't look too good either.

thejuice

Dessies miss was unreal. I was thinking this is it we're done for. Why he kicked it so high I'll never know? We'd played shite most of that game and Westmeath probably deserved the win. Different storey down in Portloaise for the replay.

Another one was Graham Geraghty hitting the post against Dublin in 2007. I was already celebrating before he kicked, It just knew this was it, here we go and.........it comes of the post, i was gutted.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

southsidejohnny

The worst I ever saw was Liam Sammon backheeling a ball rolling over the Mayo goal line in the Connacht final 1969. Mayo won the replay.

SidelineKick

Quote from: Mac Eoghain on December 12, 2008, 11:29:23 AM
I concur with Richard Thornton's being the one that sticks in the mind. Another is Philly Loughrans at the start of 2003 final.

Can't remember that one, you hardly have a link for it???
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Drumanee 1

crossmaglen v ballinderry drawn final 2 weeks ago,cathal short 14m out straight in front of the posts under no pressure and kicks it wide

Jinxy

Remember watching the Kerry/Dublin game in 2001 in a pub in Leitrim.
The place was in hysterics when Dessie Farrell hit the crossbar. ;D
Dessie Dolans was probably more memorable though in terms of context.
I didn't cop it was wide till about 5 seconds after everyone else for some reason.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

corn02

Fermanagh v team v Armagh in Ulster final reply this year.

AZOffaly

Dessie Farrell v Kerry. That was really unbelievable. Also a litany of Dublin missed penalties in vital games. Charlie Redmond and Keith Barr spring to mind. My most memorable miss has to be Farrell though.

carribbear

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 12, 2008, 03:53:46 PM
Dessie Farrell v Kerry. That was really unbelievable. Also a litany of Dublin missed penalties in vital games. Charlie Redmond and Keith Barr spring to mind. My most memorable miss has to be Farrell though.

Any wonder Dessie now wants to be remembered for something else than that miss :D

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 12, 2008, 03:53:46 PM

You can lob Paul Bealin in there with the two boys above.  I seem to remember him doing a "Chris Waddle" impression around the same time also.

Mike Sheehy

Declan O'Sullivan this year. Threw it away so we did.

Tyrones own

Fairly memorable for me that Paddy Russell missed the fact that Charlie Redmond didn't leave the field after being sent off in '95  :o
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann