China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: sid waddell on October 14, 2021, 10:05:02 AM
The 300k unvaccinated are a problem for all of us.

Not just because they fill up hospitals, but because they can and do spread it to vaccinated people, some of whom will die as a result.

You can pretty much guarantee that if someone gets COvid that an unvaccinated person was in the chain of infection that brought Covid to them. 

Quote from: sid waddellThe longer this goes on, the more it looks as if these vaccinations are minimum triple dose.

There is nothing particularly sacrosanct about 2 doses, if it takes 3 or 4 then give them to people. A fairly small difference in the proportion getting Covid could make the difference between R > 1 and R < 1. In Israel, people were 11 times more likely to be infected with Covid before their booster dose.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Eire90

apparently Waterford has highest covid numbers and vaccination numbers just what i have seen dont know if its true

Eire90

has anyone got this super cold that is suppose to be doing the rounds.

Blowitupref

We were never going to get 100% vaccinated,  to get 90% adults vaccinated in mid October has probably already exceeded expectations for the government and NPHET

Context is needed on current case loads. What is current ages is there target testing going on in schools and college. On hospital numbers how many picked up the virus there when in for something else.

Journalists have gone to town with Martins no guarantee that October 22nd easing of restrictions will go ahead as planned comment even though his other colleagues when asked said it should go ahead.

As ever the government will decide on the advice of medical and  other experts and will study the data in front of them at next weeks meeting. What should be taken into account is we are a long way off to what the NPHET protections said we'd be right now and this isn't the same as last year when we entered winter with nobody vaccinated.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

gerrykeegan

Quote from: Eire90 on October 14, 2021, 11:19:43 AM

Yes we got it here the house, the young fellow and wife got it. Coughing, spluttering, sore throat, blocked nose/runny nose.

2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Eire90 on October 14, 2021, 11:19:43 AM

Almost everyone I know, club nearly didnt field a few weeks back with it, particularly bad amongst uni ones

Farrandeelin

The way I look at it is we're ALL going to be exposed to the bleddy thing sometime. Some will obviously have worse symptoms than others. It will ebb and flow so long as it's out there. I have a rotten tummy bug today. No appetite either. It's not Covid because I did one of those tests that were sent to every house in the north and it made me feel at ease.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rudi

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 14, 2021, 10:24:19 AM
Quote from: Rudi on October 13, 2021, 11:22:34 AM
Good article in the Irish Times in relation to Covid & border areas. Northern Irish Catholics come in for a hard time. Apparently its cultural for NI catholics to go against the grain. True in my experience, feral hoors  ;D

Lol.
Honestly but there might be something in it, we dont like following rules

I was in Derry about 20 years ago for Halloween night. Very good night, some of the costumes were pleasing on the eye, even back then. Think it was Peadars I was in, really enjoyed the night & had a serious suppin of porter & Jameson. i was with a fairly respectable bunch of northern lads I used to play ball with / against. The night ended, time to go back to one of the lads house. Out into a square, RUC van getting pelted with bottles, all the buckeens I was with picking up bottles & throwing them at the van. I bent down (not to be the odd one out) was about to pick up a bottle, then I caught myself on ... Hilarious all the same, some dacent God fearing south Derry boys acting the maggot. I wonder are any of them buckeens on here.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Rudi on October 14, 2021, 12:29:41 PM
Good article in the Irish Times in relation to Covid & border areas. Northern Irish Catholics come in for a hard time. Apparently its cultural for NI catholics to go against the grain. True in my experience, feral hoors  ;D

Lol.

I was in Derry about 20 years ago for Halloween night. Very good night, some of the costumes were pleasing on the eye, even back then. Think it was Peadars I was in, really enjoyed the night & had a serious suppin of porter & Jameson. i was with a fairly respectable bunch of northern lads I used to play ball with / against. The night ended, time to go back to one of the lads house. Out into a square, RUC van getting pelted with bottles, all the buckeens I was with picking up bottles & throwing them at the van. I bent down (not to be the odd one out) was about to pick up a bottle, then I caught myself on ... Hilarious all the same, some dacent God fearing south Derry boys acting the maggot. I wonder are any of them buckeens on here.

Them boys wouldn't be the best rioters. Us city boys premier division.

Hard to beat them at the football/hurling though.

One of the first big years we had in Derry with Halloween(think about 87) was finished with full on riot up the town. RUC blasted the Guildhall Square with plastic bullets, thankfully a distant memory now. Halloween in Derry cant be beat

Rudi

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 14, 2021, 01:29:19 PM

Lol.

One of the first big years we had in Derry with Halloween(think about 87) was finished with full on riot up the town. RUC blasted the Guildhall Square with plastic bullets, thankfully a distant memory now. Halloween in Derry cant be beat

It's an experience, always liked Derry haven't been there in a while. I'm hoping the Derry Rossie league game is in Celtic Park. Saturday evening would be great.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Rudi on October 14, 2021, 02:21:01 PM

Lol.

It's an experience, always liked Derry haven't been there in a while. I'm hoping the Derry Rossie league game is in Celtic Park. Saturday evening would be great.

Taking nearly all the games to Owenbeg now unfortunately- I dont mind going there but not great for travelling fans

JoG2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 14, 2021, 02:37:39 PM

Lol.

Taking nearly all the games to Owenbeg now unfortunately- I dont mind going there but not great for travelling fans

Only 1 game in the last 3 years of the National League has been played in Owenbeg. If we're drawn at home to the likes of Roscommon, Galway or Down, those games will most likely be in Celtic Pk. Up the NHS

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: JoG2 on October 14, 2021, 04:21:48 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 14, 2021, 02:37:39 PM

Lol.

Only 1 game in the last 3 years of the National League has been played in Owenbeg. If we're drawn at home to the likes of Roscommon, Galway or Down, those games will most likely be in Celtic Pk. Up the NHS

Didn't realise that. Cosier ground  . #nhspayingmymortgage

Cunny Funt

ROI weekly update. A high increase in cases this week and the hospital numbers with a similar increase as last week.  42 of today's increase in hospital was not attributed to admissions so we have a troublesome outbreak in some hospital

Cases 11991 (2458 more that last week and that's the highest weekly case number since late August.)

In hospital 459 (74 more than last Sunday)

In ICU 74 (no change)

Dr Colm Henry said yesterday while he expects weekly case numbers to rumble on at a high level he does not expect any wild surges in case numbers in the future.