Garth Brooks and Croke Park : Boss to intervene?

Started by armaghniac, January 20, 2014, 01:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

"Before we go back on tour in the Fall of 2014, I want to challenge myself, the band, and crew.  In '97, we were lucky enough to play Croke Park, the stadium was under construction. 130,000+ of some of the greatest fans in the world. I was quoted then as saying 'When this stadium is finished, I would love to come back and try to fill it again...this time to the brink.'...and we're back to do just that."

http://www.aikenpromotions.com/component/content/article/1-latest-news/2122.html

Garth was followed a couple of years later by Armagh dominance of football, let's hope history repeats itself.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

OakleafCounty

armaghniac

QuoteOne all Ireland is hardly dominance.

The begrudgers come out of the woodwork!
Next you'll be saying the Garth Brooks is not brilliant. 

aontroim abu

Have already tried to book a room for either night in the hope that I get a ticket - 4 hotels ive tried are already booked out!!!!

Cold tea

Quote from: aontroim abu on January 20, 2014, 02:11:42 PM
Have already tried to book a room for either night in the hope that I get a ticket - 4 hotels ive tried are already booked out!!!!

I tried as soon as One Direction tickets were announced and it was the same, I couldn't believe they were all booked and the dates just announced, there's probably some scam going on.

armaghniac

QuoteHave already tried to book a room for either night in the hope that I get a ticket - 4 hotels ive tried are already booked out!!!!

It has long been stated that the Croke Park concert would be announced today. So travel agents etc book the rooms, even if they didn't yet know which type of fan they would be selling to.

aontroim abu

The Boss just phoned, from the time of the announcement until now, prices in Dublin hotels have increased dramatically, but also on some sites where they are saing 229 euro for te night, when you o to pay the rice has increased to 299!! Now I know simple economics and supply/demand, but surely this is a rip-off!!

Bingo

This will be the type of concert that the hotels etc will lap up. Its already the busy summer season, so rooms will be in demand anyways. The demographic for the concert will be middle aged working people who will largely travel to Dublin for it. The hotels will be rubbing the hands and will sky rocket prices now to catch the likes of you out. Travel companies and overseas visitors will also be all over this as its his first date as such.

In general hotel prices in Dublin aren't much value as I found recently. They'll milk this up.

aontroim abu

Quote from: Bingo on January 20, 2014, 02:44:45 PM
This will be the type of concert that the hotels etc will lap up. Its already the busy summer season, so rooms will be in demand anyways. The demographic for the concert will be middle aged working people who will largely travel to Dublin for it. The hotels will be rubbing the hands and will sky rocket prices now to catch the likes of you out. Travel companies and overseas visitors will also be all over this as its his first date as such.

In general hotel prices in Dublin aren't much value as I found recently. They'll milk this up.

You're 100% right. I've had several conversations over the years about how Dublin is pricing itself out of the market, this is yet another instance where they are going to get away with it

Keepthefaith93

Anyone going to see Gareth Brooks should be charged 5000 euro per night.

GalwayBayBoy

Shamrock Shore

Nathan Carter will have to be added to the bill to entice Nordies down.

Personally I would refuse free tickets but, hey, that's just me (and millions of others)

GalwayBayBoy

Just realised I have a wedding to go to in Dublin that weekend. FFS.

Nally Stand

Quote from: aontroim abu on January 20, 2014, 02:37:52 PM
The Boss just phoned, from the time of the announcement until now, prices in Dublin hotels have increased dramatically, but also on some sites where they are saing 229 euro for te night, when you o to pay the rice has increased to 299!! Now I know simple economics and supply/demand, but surely this is a rip-off!!

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

donegal lad

As soon as I got confirmation on the dates I was on booking.com. Majority of hotels in the city were mad money already but I booked Bewleys hotel at the airport for both nights and was  €178 per night for 5 of us. 10 minutes later the same rooms were costing €328