TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: Billys Boots on February 14, 2011, 10:07:01 AM
Quote from: Main Street on February 10, 2011, 03:04:47 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on February 10, 2011, 10:33:31 AM
Am watching a Danish Crime series called Forbrydelsen (translates as The Killing) at the moment; very highly recommended. 

I think it's showing on BBC3 or 4 on Saturday nights too.  For those who don't like subtitles it's being remade by AMC in the US at present too - they're the folk who make Mad Men.  The (relatively) good news is that AMC have also decided that the great US tv-watching public will be able to handle a series set in a foreign land that isn't about US-folk saving the world - the series will be set in Denmark with Danish characters.  I think they've changed the name of the lead detective from Sarah Lund to Sarah Linden - who decides these things?
By chance I saw the 3rd episode on BBC4, stopped watching after 5 minutes, downloaded the whole series and watched it from the beginning over a few days
The rule of thumb is, the original subtitled drama is the real McCoy.
It is an excellent contrived smoke and mirrors investigation, 20 episodes for the 20 days of the investigation.

I'm only on Day-8; the good news is there's a second series - if you need rapidshare links, drop me a PM.
Thanks Billy
Series 2 with eng subs was a hard find but I found the one torrent link to 10 episodes which says it has english subs, so I'm currently downl  just s2 ep1 from the torrent to see if it works.
If not, I'll let you know in a couple of hours.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Main Street on February 14, 2011, 03:51:37 PM
Am watching a Danish Crime series called Forbrydelsen (translates as The Killing) at the moment; very highly recommended. 

I think it's showing on BBC3 or 4 on Saturday nights too.  For those who don't like subtitles it's being remade by AMC in the US at present too - they're the folk who make Mad Men.  The (relatively) good news is that AMC have also decided that the great US tv-watching public will be able to handle a series set in a foreign land that isn't about US-folk saving the world - the series will be set in Denmark with Danish characters.  I think they've changed the name of the lead detective from Sarah Lund to Sarah Linden - who decides these things?
By chance I saw the 3rd episode on BBC4, stopped watching after 5 minutes, downloaded the whole series and watched it from the beginning over a few days
It is an excellent contrived smoke and mirrors investigation, 20 episodes for the 20 days of the investigation.

I'm only on Day-8; the good news is there's a second series - if you need rapidshare links, drop me a PM.
Thanks Billy
Series 2 with eng subs was a hard find but I found the one torrent link to 10 episodes which says it has english subs, so I'm currently downl  just s2 ep1 from the torrent to see if it works.

I understand that there are only machine-subs in English available at the moment but I'm assured that they're alright.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: bennydorano on February 13, 2011, 03:56:15 PM
Having watched the first 2 episodes of blue bloods I get the feeling it's cliched, cheesy shite.  I'm willing to give it another episode or two before I pull the plug thou.

Yep it is all those things,it is what it is but if you don't take it too seriously its a good enough show.
Bridget Moynahan nice bit of totty as well.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Main Street

Quote from: Billys Boots on February 14, 2011, 03:55:13 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 14, 2011, 03:51:37 PM

Thanks Billy

I understand that there are only machine-subs in English available at the moment but I'm assured that they're alright.
I have just downl and checked out  s2 ep1
The torrent file has good quality video but no subs are  included, hard or soft.
Each episode is 700mb.
Where are the subs available from?
Or what can a man do?

Main Street

I see the writers of Treme have a sense of humour which embraces a bit more than expected.
A cowboy builder/chancer, creole  born and bred, is called O'Reilly.

CiKe

Quote from: flantheman82 on January 20, 2011, 08:06:40 PM
Human planet. On now on BBC and BBC hd. Unbelievable footage. Could watch stuff like this all day.

Watched a couple of episodes  (Oceans and Jungles) of this this morning on the iPlayer, after catching part of the Mountains one recently on the tv. Absolutely incredible altogether, the BBC do make some fantastic documentaries. Favourite part was the tree house in Papua New Guinea and watching the little kids in Venezuela hunt giant tarantulas...

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Canalman

Quote from: trileacman on March 25, 2011, 12:02:57 AM
Sons of anarchy? Any good?

Absolutely. Just finished season 2 .Brilliant series.............. although it has the ropiest "Irish" accents ever committed to celluloid. Seasons 1 and 2 combined going for hallf nothing now in HMV.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Canalman on March 25, 2011, 09:33:25 AM
Quote from: trileacman on March 25, 2011, 12:02:57 AM
Sons of anarchy? Any good?

Absolutely. Just finished season 2 .Brilliant series.............. although it has the ropiest "Irish" accents ever committed to celluloid. Seasons 1 and 2 combined going for hallf nothing now in HMV.

Wait to you see series 3!!!

Great show though.

AFS

Treme is a fantastic show. Second series starts next month.

Archie Mitchell

New Louis Theroux episode on tonight. BBC 2 @ 9pm. Follow up programme on The Most Hated Family In America.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0107zhy

paco

Season 1 of Boardwalk Empire finishes next Saturday, anyone know when the second series starts?

Bogball XV

Quote from: paco on April 03, 2011, 08:33:08 PM
Season 1 of Boardwalk Empire finishes next Saturday, anyone know when the second series starts?
probably to be shown in the states next september

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on April 03, 2011, 08:20:57 PM
New Louis Theroux episode on tonight. BBC 2 @ 9pm. Follow up programme on The Most Hated Family In America.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0107zhy

Pure madness, would love to give them a good hiding!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Worker

anyone here watch the wire?

if so why does daniels not arrest barksdale that time he drives past him in the jeep in the first series?