TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abble

a lot of fuss about nothing here really....saying as in the 1st 10 mins of ep.1  we know there is a death of some sort ala coffin being wheeled across the runway on to plane....and then you sit back to enjoy the story that unfolds ? nothing near a spoiler if you ask me  :-X

JoG2

Anyway, back to the spoiling.. Anyone watched The Patriot (on Prime)? Enjoyable if a bit mad. The music in it was excellent at times

gawa316

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 17, 2021, 02:21:54 PM
Have the White Lotus primed to go.

Watched This is England film and then the 3 mini series over last few days. Absolute quality. Had seen the film yonks ago. Far more humour than i expected among the darker moments which i did expect. A fair few characters who will live long in the memory

Binged This is England as well over the last week, thought it was absolutely incredible. Is there any word of another season coming out? Think there is scope to tie up a few loose ends

quit yo jibbajabba

Definitely. Although as theres now been a few yrs since the last series theyre maybe all at other stuff. Be great though.

Did a bit of digging after it to see what some were at, yer man Milky got done for drug smugglin last year! Got off with suspended sentence (sorry for the real life spoiler lol)

gawa316

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 19, 2021, 05:25:18 PM
Definitely. Although as theres now been a few yrs since the last series theyre maybe all at other stuff. Be great though.

Did a bit of digging after it to see what some were at, yer man Milky got done for drug smugglin last year! Got off with suspended sentence (sorry for the real life spoiler lol)

I think you were supposed to post that in the celebrity law-breaker recommendations thread

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: gawa316 on August 19, 2021, 05:52:19 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 19, 2021, 05:25:18 PM

I think you were supposed to post that in the celebrity law-breaker recommendations thread

😃😃
Dammit! Always gettin those two threads mixed up!
Woody had a fair stint in emmerdale and couple other things

imtommygunn

On that same vein I only noticed today that the boy who played Julian in the shield has been in jail for seven years for murdering his wife.

quit yo jibbajabba

Ok you win this one Tommy 😉😃

Milltown Row2

The basketball fight in Detroit... decent 45 minutes on Netflix
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jell 0 Biafra

is it not called the Malice in the Palace in Ireland?

Either way, it's a really good doc.  Just watched it there last week. Most of the footage was not released at the time.

screenexile

In the middle of watching This Way Up on Channel 4 from Aisling Bea. The first season was enjoyable but I think this one is better. Hard to beat good Irish Comedy! (Hope that doesn't spoilt it for you lads)

I tried watching Frank of Ireland by the Gleeson brothers and it was absolute guff.

Main Street

Quote from: Abble on August 19, 2021, 12:11:39 PM
a lot of fuss about nothing here really....saying as in the 1st 10 mins of ep.1  we know there is a death of some sort ala coffin being wheeled across the runway on to plane....and then you sit back to enjoy the story that unfolds ? nothing near a spoiler if you ask me  :-X
Now you've spoiled the mystery of first episode  :)
Once I got taken to task for referring to an event (albeit a notable event) which happened in episode 3 of 12  in a 17 year old documentary series.
The standard for some is,  whatever you say, say nothin'.

BennyCake

Quote from: screenexile on August 20, 2021, 10:39:48 AM
In the middle of watching This Way Up on Channel 4 from Aisling Bea. The first season was enjoyable but I think this one is better. Hard to beat good Irish Comedy! (Hope that doesn't spoilt it for you lads)

I tried watching Frank of Ireland by the Gleeson brothers and it was absolute guff.

Frank of Ireland was brutal.

This Way Up wasn't bad. Missed the last few episodes  though

bennydorano

Overall Frank of Ireland was middling but it gave me some of the biggest belly laughs of the year.

quit yo jibbajabba

Frank of Ireland - few good parts but meh overall.

White Lotus ep1 - 7/10
White Lotus ep2 - 7.5/10. Shows potential.

No spoilers were included in this message