TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J OGorman

Quote from: tbrick18 on September 12, 2012, 01:02:56 PM
Breaking Bad is one of the best shows ever.
I'm currently on Season 5....and it gets darker by the episode.

I've seen the first 2 seasons of The Wire and keep meaning to get back to it as I thought they were great too.

Breaking Bad really is a quare show. Did you hear they are holding the 2nd half of Season 5, ie episodes 9 - 16 until next summer? Strange aul decision

Canalman, was gonna give Spiral a whirl as its now on BT Vision demand. Not worth it?

The Walking Dead starts again mid October. Season 2 was so so. The ending though looks promising for the third series

Finally got 'round to watching Deadwood. Fcuk me, some show. Lovejoy is incredible in it. Pity they didnt make anymore

3/4 way through The Event. Decent enough watch.

gerrykeegan

Quote from: screenexile on September 21, 2012, 02:42:31 PM
Anybody watched Moone Boy? I think it's great. Good light hearted bit of craic. I'm looking forward to tonights episode as well.

Watched it last night on Sky anytime, I had had a few pints and thought it was funny, looking forward to it tonight. Love the theme music.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Billys Boots

I like Spiral - it's very French, and thus exasperating at times, but I have to say I've very much enjoyed all three series so far.  Not as brutal (physically or psychologically) as Braquo, and probably the better for it.  The fourth series is currently underway in France - am looking forward to it.

Moone Boy: Any series with 'Where's me jumper' as its theme music will get my vote.  And it's funny. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

upmonaghansayswe

Anybody watched Moone Boy? I think it's great. Good light hearted bit of craic. I'm looking forward to tonights episode as well.

Saw the tail end of the first one last night and thought it was decent.. So watched the second one.. Well it was woeful.. It was like something straight from Killinaskully.. Ill give it another go next week.

Syferus

Quote from: laoislad on September 21, 2012, 03:24:33 PM
Quote from: gerrykeegan on September 21, 2012, 03:03:39 PM

Watched it last night on Sky anytime, I had had a few pints and thought it was funny, looking forward to it tonight. Love the theme music.

Your mans accent annoys me.
Is this how everyone from Roscommon talks?

When the most famous Laois man is Liam O'Neill ye're not ones to talk >:(

Megaman

Just about got through the first episode,  turned it off after 10 mins of the second.

ross4life

Quote from: Megaman on September 21, 2012, 04:23:18 PM

Just about got through the first episode,  turned it off after 10 mins of the second.

Haven't seen it yet but have been told the 2nd episode is better than the 1st? & they are already filming the 2nd series in Boyle next week so they must be onto a winner.

In reply to O'Dowd's accent it's certainly strange & his accent has changed from the IT Crowd anyways fair fcuks to him he's come along way from his goalkeeping days with Roscommon minors.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Canalman

Quote from: J OGorman on September 21, 2012, 02:57:43 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on September 12, 2012, 01:02:56 PM
Breaking Bad is one of the best shows ever.
I'm currently on Season 5....and it gets darker by the episode.

I've seen the first 2 seasons of The Wire and keep meaning to get back to it as I thought they were great too.

Breaking Bad really is a quare show. Did you hear they are holding the 2nd half of Season 5, ie episodes 9 - 16 until next summer? Strange aul decision

Canalman, was gonna give Spiral a whirl as its now on BT Vision demand. Not worth it?

The Walking Dead starts again mid October. Season 2 was so so. The ending though looks promising for the third series

Finally got 'round to watching Deadwood. Fcuk me, some show. Lovejoy is incredible in it. Pity they didnt make anymore

3/4 way through The Event. Decent enough watch.

JOG, Would give Spiral a go alright.
The reason I found it so so is that it is imho anyway a bit "old fashioned" as a crime show and not like the new breed of tv shows where all the main characters are antiheroes and fleshed out over a long period of time and their families etc are part of the show. Spiral isn't that although very watchable. Main characters were imho again a tad wooden.

Proof of the pudding etc but I have started season 2 on UPC plus only last week.

Tony Baloney

Boardwalk tamara night.
Homeland on Tuesday night.
Masterchef Ireland Thursday night.

October shaping up alright.

LeoMc

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 28, 2012, 11:56:52 PM
Boardwalk tamara night.

Is that RTE2 or C4 for Homeland?

LeoMc

Anybody see Cuckoo the other night, not side splitting but promising enough.

bennydorano

The Thick of It is just pure class, I've watched every episode of this series 2 or 3 times, superb.  Suppose a UK political interest may be of help thou.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: LeoMc on September 29, 2012, 09:01:56 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 28, 2012, 11:56:52 PM
Boardwalk tamara night.

Is that RTE2 or C4 for Homeland?
RTE2 will be first with it I think.

Minder

Quote from: bennydorano on September 30, 2012, 07:13:38 PM
The Thick of It is just pure class, I've watched every episode of this series 2 or 3 times, superb.  Suppose a UK political interest may be of help thou.

Aye I am a big fan too, your man who is the "blue sky" thinker, Stewart Pearson, is funny, you just know there are c***ts like that in government.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Newbridge Exile

Person of interest on Tuesdays at 9 on  channell 5 worth a watch