TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Johnson

Sons Of Anarchy Series Four is going pretty good at the minute. Far fetched, plenty of violence, what you would expect, pisses all over Series Three anyway, the Irish angle was terrible!

Boardwalk Empire though, what a show. At the minute it is running up there with some of the best tv I have seen, I can't wait for it every week. The Arnold Rothstein, Manny the butcher and Richard Harrow characters are excellent. Almost everybody is in it, except Kelly MacDonald's character. This week's episode was brilliant too, had an Irish angle in it as well.

Got BT Infinity in, I actually can't download shows quick enough now with it. Gonna add some to the list tonight from recommendations here and elsewhere - adding Suits, Homeland, American Horror Story, Allen Gregory, Breaking Bad, Man Vs Food, Pan Am and Spooks. Should see in the Winter nights.

I actually rarely watch normal TV any more. Just what I have downloaded.

My cousin keeps saying to me about Luther that was on BBC as well, Idris Elba from The Wire in it. Might check it out.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Don Johnson on November 22, 2011, 11:05:39 PM
Sons Of Anarchy Series Four is going pretty good at the minute. Far fetched, plenty of violence, what you would expect, pisses all over Series Three anyway, the Irish angle was terrible!

Boardwalk Empire though, what a show. At the minute it is running up there with some of the best tv I have seen, I can't wait for it every week. The Arnold Rothstein, Manny the butcher and Richard Harrow characters are excellent. Almost everybody is in it, except Kelly MacDonald's character. This week's episode was brilliant too, had an Irish angle in it as well.

Got BT Infinity in, I actually can't download shows quick enough now with it. Gonna add some to the list tonight from recommendations here and elsewhere - adding Suits, Homeland, American Horror Story, Allen Gregory, Breaking Bad, Man Vs Food, Pan Am and Spooks. Should see in the Winter nights.

I actually rarely watch normal TV any more. Just what I have downloaded.

My cousin keeps saying to me about Luther that was on BBC as well, Idris Elba from The Wire in it. Might check it out.
Was reading in one of the Sunday's that Friday Night Lights is worht watching. I've been promised the book from someone on here who I bought the thing for!

Don Johnson

Have heard good things about that Friday Night Lights myself, another to add on to the backlog of shows. Already I have a good few full series I haven't even started on. I have a stack of books to read through as well. Not enough hours in the day.

If only this downloading craic was about when I was at uni I would have seen everything instead of lying about playing Pro Evolution all day.

sammymaguire

anyone watch Love/Hate on RTE1, Sunday nights? good show
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Don Johnson

Quote from: glens73 on November 23, 2011, 01:04:10 PM
Romanzo Criminale on Sky Arts is superb -:

http://www.skyarts.co.uk/film-docs/article/romanzo-criminale/

First I have heard of this, cheers. I have the film on DVD and it is excellent.

Canalman

Saw the Bobby Fischer documentary last night on BBC4. Very good show but with faults........... probably due to the lack of time ......... 90 minutes or so.
BF was some character a real antihero imo. Couldn't help but warming to the guy although he went complletely off the rails in later life.
Didn't even know he was dead.

screenexile

Quote from: Canalman on December 01, 2011, 10:59:21 AM
Saw the Bobby Fischer documentary last night on BBC4. Very good show but with faults........... probably due to the lack of time ......... 90 minutes or so.
BF was some character a real antihero imo. Couldn't help but warming to the guy although he went complletely off the rails in later life.
Didn't even know he was dead.

That's very strange! I watched the Kasparov v The Machine Documentary last night.

Hard to decide if Kasparov was done up like a kipper or not. . . bad form that he never had a chance to get a rematch but IBM made a clean fortune off it so there was no point in them going back to get beat and lose a shit load again.

Don Johnson

Have started watching Homeland recently. Show about a fella coming back from Iraq after being MIA for 8 years and his dealings with an unhinged female CIA agent. Damien Lewis from Band Of Brothers stars alongside Claire Danes.

Getting to the end of Boardwalk Empire S2 and Sons Of Anarchy S4.

Boardwalk has the potential to be one of the best series of all time if it keeps up to the standard it is. Manny the butcher is an excellent character, he was Al Capone in the tv version of Untouchables and also Cockeye in Once Upon A Time In America.

Sons has really picked up after season three, it couldn't have got any worse. Clay has turned into one of the all time tv bad guys, brilliant to see.

Canalman

Starting Sons of Anarchy Season 3 tonight . Got it out from the library so have to hare through it.
First two seasons were crackers imo.

Don Johnson

Quote from: Canalman on December 01, 2011, 05:17:44 PM
Starting Sons of Anarchy Season 3 tonight . Got it out from the library so have to hare through it.
First two seasons were crackers imo.

Brace yourself, you will get annoyed at some of it but stick with it, the last episode is a cracker and season four has been good too.

ballinaman

Breaking Bad - I know its been out for ages but only got around to it....can't stop watching it, class. About to start season 4 and heard it only gets better.

clarshack

anyone else still watching the walking dead? i thought the mid season finale was pretty good.

american horror story isnt bad either.

ThroughTheLaces

An old show that's only grown on me recently - Everybody Loves Raymond. Used to hate it!
The apple never falls far from the tree.

mc_grens

Quote from: clarshack on December 03, 2011, 11:09:29 AM
anyone else still watching the walking dead? i thought the mid season finale was pretty good.

american horror story isnt bad either.

Been watching TWD. Not as good as the fantastic first series, but the end of the mid season finale was absolutely cracking.