TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

Finished watching Lost two years ago and can find nothing to replace it. Tried Bluelboods and Terra Nova but IMO they are very weak, Terra Nova especially, don't what they are trying to do. Tried downloading the wire and the sopranos but can't get them to work. Any good captivating TV out there?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

screenexile

Quote from: trileacman on October 21, 2011, 02:59:29 PM
Finished watching Lost two years ago and can find nothing to replace it. Tried Bluelboods and Terra Nova but IMO they are very weak, Terra Nova especially, don't what they are trying to do. Tried downloading the wire and the sopranos but can't get them to work. Any good captivating TV out there?

West Wing is still the best around imho.

The Wire is very good as well as the Soprano's. Where did you download them from and why aren't they working?

If you're looking for something else I would strongly recommend Dexter! First 2 series are excellent, 3rd not so good and then the 4th will knock you off your feet it's that good. 5th is pretty good and I'm currently watching the 6th.

Canalman

Agree with SE about Dexter........... absolutely brilliant. Will buy Season 5 once I have finished Breaking Bad S.2  (v good also).

nrico2006

Quote from: screenexile on October 21, 2011, 03:29:07 PM

The Wire is very good as well as the Soprano's. Where did you download them from and why aren't they working?

If you're looking for something else I would strongly recommend Dexter! First 2 series are excellent, 3rd not so good and then the 4th will knock you off your feet it's that good. 5th is pretty good and I'm currently watching the 6th.

Been a gap in my life since Lost and 24 packed in.  Started watching Flashforward, then it ended.  Same with The Event.  On Season 4 of the Sopranos, unbelievable show.  Heard The Wire and The West Wing are great, so maybe start them after Sopranos.  Was reading abit about Dexter on Wikipedia recently and it looks brilliant too.  Also been watching Falling Skies which is ok.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 21, 2011, 03:45:28 PM

Been a gap in my life since Lost and 24 packed in.  Started watching Flashforward, then it ended.  Same with The Event.  On Season 4 of the Sopranos, unbelievable show.  Heard The Wire and The West Wing are great, so maybe start them after Sopranos.  Was reading abit about Dexter on Wikipedia recently and it looks brilliant too.  Also been watching Falling Skies which is ok.
I have the West Wing boxset in the house if you want a lend of it. It'll take about a year to get through it all!

gallsman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 21, 2011, 05:50:24 PM
Finished watching Lost two years ago and can find nothing to reptolace it. Tried Bluelboods and Terra Nova but IMO they are very weak, Terra Nova especially, don't what they are trying to do. Tried downloading the wire and the sopranos but can't get them to work. Any good captivating TV out there?

I have the West Wing boxset in the house if you want a lend of it. It'll take about a year to get through it all!

Did it in five weeks!

The Iceman

finished season 1 of walking dead - was fantastic
watching season 1 of breaking bad - good concept so far - going to stick with it
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: The Iceman on October 21, 2011, 06:41:57 PM
finished season 1 of walking dead - was fantastic
watching season 1 of breaking bad - good concept so far - going to stick with it

Quality show. Gets better and better. On season 4 at the minute. Next season is the last.

Must give this Walking Dead a watch.

Main Street

Breaking Bad flagged in season 4, but picked up enough tempo for a rocking finale.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on October 21, 2011, 06:20:11 PM
Finished watching Lost two years ago and can find nothing to reptolace it. Tried Bluelboods and Terra Nova but IMO they are very weak, Terra Nova especially, don't what they are trying to do. Tried downloading the wire and the sopranos but can't get them to work. Any good captivating TV out there?

Did it in five weeks!
That's some going. I never got past the second season so still about a hundred episodes left! Might give it another lash - wish it was on some format other than DVD though as I find it a pain to watch.

Don Johnson

Download them and stick it on a USB stick or a media player?

What is the pain, taking a dvd out and putting another in??

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Don Johnson on October 21, 2011, 09:06:57 PM
Download them and stick it on a USB stick or a media player?

What is the pain, taking a dvd out and putting another in??
I lost the remote and bought a universal one but it's shite and only works half the time. Not unexpected as it was less than 3 quid off eBay! I would download them if I could.

nrico2006

Give me a few months and I will take you up on that.  Have Season 5 and 6 of Soprano's to go. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Canalman

Dexter Seasons 1 to 4 and Sons of Anarchy are all available to rent from your local council library for free if you are interested.
Just booked my S of A (S3) online there.

Puckoon

Im on season 5 of Dexter - mighty show. Contemplating breaking bad and the walking dead.