The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

In an interview afterwards, Robinson gave a wonderfully succinct reason for the Milan goals. Liverpool left too big a gap between midfield and defence. He wasn't sure why it happened but they fixed it.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

laoislad

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 15, 2021, 11:02:07 PM
Quote from: laoislad on September 15, 2021, 09:52:44 PM
What a brilliantly bonkers game of football that was.
Great stuff.

Way better than the 3 to 5 nil it should have been.
Yes and No. Fantastic game to watch especially if you were a neutral but as a fan it's kind of worrying that we are missing loads of chances, and while it's great the chances are being created I would rather that game had of been wrapped up by half time last night like it should have been. Leeds game was the same, we should have won that game by 5 or 6. Maybe I'm being harsh but against better teams they'll need to be taking those chances.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: laoislad on September 16, 2021, 10:26:44 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 15, 2021, 11:02:07 PM
Quote from: laoislad on September 15, 2021, 09:52:44 PM
What a brilliantly bonkers game of football that was.
Great stuff.

Way better than the 3 to 5 nil it should have been.
Yes and No. Fantastic game to watch especially if you were a neutral but as a fan it's kind of worrying that we are missing loads of chances, and while it's great the chances are being created I would rather that game had of been wrapped up by half time last night like it should have been. Leeds game was the same, we should have won that game by 5 or 6. Maybe I'm being harsh but against better teams they'll need to be taking those chances.

Been like that for a while now TBH, I would like to see stats for goals to chances created. We've got to be the worst in the PL and I still think there's room in the squad for a more clinical finisher.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Armamike

The conundrum is that we have gifted front men who can create great opportunities for themselves but they're not out and out natural goal scorers.  Wide men, or in the case of Firmino more a playmaker.  Seems a bit odd to say that when Salah and Mane (last year notwithstanding) get 20 plus league goals in a season.  They create that much, they will get goals, but aren't clinical with their chances.  The way Mane's been going the past year, he'll be doing well to get a goal from 6 or 7 clear cut chances.  Reminds me of Andy Cole in his pomp  ;D
That's just, like your opinion man.

Minus15

Your point about Andy Cole is a myth.

J70

Quote from: Minus15 on September 18, 2021, 12:33:23 AM

It wasn't a myth in his first few years at United.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on September 18, 2021, 12:10:39 PM

187 goals not a penalty taker in 400 PL games, still won't forgive him for miss against West Ham!! But that's not a bad return
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 18, 2021, 12:27:42 PM

187 goals not a penalty taker in 400 PL games, still won't forgive him for miss against West Ham!! But that's not a bad return

No it's not a bad return. All in all he was a great success at United.

That doesn't mean that there weren't concerns about the chances he was missing in those first couple of seasons.

It's a lot harder to change a perception or reputation than it is to develop it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on September 18, 2021, 12:32:51 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 18, 2021, 12:27:42 PM

No it's not a bad return. All in all he was a great success at United.

That doesn't mean that there weren't concerns about the chances he was missing in those first couple of seasons.

It's a lot harder to change a perception or reputation than it is to develop it.

But I also agree he needed more chances, had he been a more natural forward the numbers would have been 220 plus
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

laoislad

3-0 FT
Good win, great strike from Kieta for the 3rd.

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on September 18, 2021, 04:56:39 PM
3-0 FT
Good win, great strike from Kieta for the 3rd.

Salah goal Came at perfect time. Palace looked threatening before that

J70

Hard work, but a satisfying performance and win.

Palace look improved under Viera.

Gabriel_Hurl

17 year old Tyrone lad Bradley starting tonight and 16 year old Gordon in MF

gawa316

Hope it goes well for young Bradley, he has a lot of potential. Gordan has been fairly talked up this week!