Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

The person had said Errigal for a year but I had heard Johnny McBride was there so thats why i was a bit sceptical.

Redhand Santa

Anyone trying to blame Harte for McShane leaving has to be on the wind up big time. Harte showed more faith in McShane than many of the same people now criticising Harte for him leaving. If it was up to 3/4's plus of the county he wouldn't have been near the Tyrone team or got this opportunity now. He owes plenty for Harte for showing faith in him when so many had none.

southtyronegael

Not a chance harte will walk away. Will have to be forcibly removed but unfortunately like someone else said, he has the right men in position to back him. Hard to see a way out to be honest.

southtyronegael

I see hartes pal petesie Kennedy taking digs at ex Tyrone player John lynch on twitter. These are the guys in charge of Tyrone football!

redhandefender

Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 02, 2020, 12:02:20 PM
Anyone trying to blame Harte for McShane leaving has to be on the wind up big time. Harte showed more faith in McShane than many of the same people now criticising Harte for him leaving. If it was up to 3/4's plus of the county he wouldn't have been near the Tyrone team or got this opportunity now. He owes plenty for Harte for showing faith in him when so many had none.

I am not blaming harte for mc shane leaving. But his basic gameplan is out the window without him and it will end in tears. He is responsible however for the dissillusionment of players, supporters, clubs and sponsors to a large degree.

southtyronegael

I wonder what attempts were made to try keep Mc Shane from leaving? Like when Gavin devlin threatened to leave and got offered a 30 grand a year academy coaching job?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 02, 2020, 01:47:01 PM
I wonder what attempts were made to try keep Mc Shane from leaving? Like when Gavin devlin threatened to leave and got offered a 30 grand a year academy coaching job?

You tell us what you can do to keep a lad from getting paid to play sport, live in Brisbane (Some spot), to stay at home and get to Super 8s and maybe a Semi Final....if you get the break.

The GAA doesn't care, there'll be another McShane comes to the fore this summer. Not much point looking at Tyrone GAA either, sure they can't even put a gym in their complex that was to push teams to the next level.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: redhandefender on January 02, 2020, 01:43:38 PM

I am not blaming harte for mc shane leaving. But his basic gameplan is out the window without him and it will end in tears. He is responsible however for the dissillusionment of players, supporters, clubs and sponsors to a large degree.

The disillusionment comes from a lack of success at All Ireland senior level in the last decade as a result of us not having players as good as Dublin and Kerry/Donegal at points in time. Harte is the scape goat for this but has done as well as anyone has with the group of players available. We won more ulster's in the last decade than the 90's (and the same number as the 80's) and regularly appeared at the latter end of the championship. The only really disappointing years were 2012 and 2014.

time ticking away

Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 02, 2020, 02:08:14 PM
Quote from: redhandefender on January 02, 2020, 01:43:38 PM

The disillusionment comes from a lack of success at All Ireland senior level in the last decade as a result of us not having players as good as Dublin and Kerry/Donegal at points in time. Harte is the scape goat for this but has done as well as anyone has with the group of players available. We won more ulster's in the last decade than the 90's (and the same number as the 80's) and regularly appeared at the latter end of the championship. The only really disappointing years were 2012 and 2014.

Cathal Mc Shane going to Brisbane has absolutely nothing to do with Mickey Harte being Tyrone manager.
But would football in Tyrone get a bounce from a change in management?
I think it would
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

RedHand88

Anyone blaming Harte for this needs to delete their account and get another hobby. There's a long list of county players throughout the country not appearing this year and opting for abroad.

W.A.G. Lover

Quote from: ctrallying on January 01, 2020, 10:53:21 PM
Team talk reporting that Mc shane heading down under,thank god i did not renew my season ticket,could be a short year,Tyrone really lacking a stand out forward now.

If this is true about McShane, who have we got to replace him? I cant think of anyone on the current squad that is similar ball winner and can take his own scores.
Anyone not on the current setup that would be worth a review?

WT4E

Quote from: W.A.G. Lover on January 02, 2020, 03:59:49 PM
Team talk reporting that Mc shane heading down under,thank god i did not renew my season ticket,could be a short year,Tyrone really lacking a stand out forward now.

If this is true about McShane, who have we got to replace him? I cant think of anyone on the current squad that is similar ball winner and can take his own scores.

Holy Ghosssst boys - Have you never heard of big Kyle - Throw him in boyysss

sensethetone

Quote from: WT4E on January 02, 2020, 04:22:12 PM

Pity we couldn't send Kyle to the Aussie rules and keep McShane.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: WT4E on January 02, 2020, 04:22:12 PM

Kyle currently playing for his club as the deep lying quarterback. Not actually sure what his position is anymore on the Gaelic Football Pitch.

Looks like a good old reset to the dark days of Mark Bradley in 40 metres of space and 14 Tyrone lads in their own half.

trailer

Anyone not blaming Harte should good look at themselves and delete their account. If he thought he had a chance of winning an AI he'd never go.