More Dissident-Republican Activity

Started by sammymaguire, November 19, 2009, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelg

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 22, 2019, 06:18:43 PM
Every election is a sectarian headcount, and there lies the problem. Even in a moderate middle class prodestant area, a local grammar school (which will remain nameless) the kids have their folders covered in union jacks, joining flute bands and are as sectarian as they were 30 years ago with no reason to be other than whats been taught to them by their peers (Parents)

Now what chance do kids in an area of high unemployment have if well looked after kids (and well educated kids at that) are sectarian? Its bred into people, thats the sad part, I don't know how many generations it will take to dilute this but I can't see it in our lifetime

as for the sides are at it, well if one side continues with an armed struggle and marches in paramilitary uniforms and have riots and kill innocent people or police or wardens then it will be both side are as bad as each other.. the moderates are not listened to only the extremists, empty vessels and all that..
How does having a a Union Jack on your folder make you sectarian?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: michaelg on April 22, 2019, 06:42:24 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 22, 2019, 06:18:43 PM
Every election is a sectarian headcount, and there lies the problem. Even in a moderate middle class prodestant area, a local grammar school (which will remain nameless) the kids have their folders covered in union jacks, joining flute bands and are as sectarian as they were 30 years ago with no reason to be other than whats been taught to them by their peers (Parents)

Now what chance do kids in an area of high unemployment have if well looked after kids (and well educated kids at that) are sectarian? Its bred into people, thats the sad part, I don't know how many generations it will take to dilute this but I can't see it in our lifetime

as for the sides are at it, well if one side continues with an armed struggle and marches in paramilitary uniforms and have riots and kill innocent people or police or wardens then it will be both side are as bad as each other.. the moderates are not listened to only the extremists, empty vessels and all that..
How does having a a Union Jack on your folder make you sectarian?

It's what they are saying also, taigs fenians and let's go stone the Celtic shop in town! I could go on but to me, 14 year olds saying those things is rotten and will only get worse ..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tonto1888

Quote from: smelmoth on April 21, 2019, 09:03:39 AM
Quote from: Itchy on April 21, 2019, 08:31:27 AM
Sorry but I don't buy that. It's like joining the KKK and saying I'm not really a racist I'm just bring politically smart. Nonsense.

You can buy it or not. Not my concern.

Your example is flawed though. KKK are single issue and not standing for election. You are either into race hate, arson and dressing up or you're not. Join or don't join are the options.

DUP offer a career and therefore hold an an attraction to careerists including hypocritical careerists. These guys need to sound the dog whistle now and again to keep that regressive minority with a high turn out turning out for them.

This not something I'm defending. Just trying to be accurate in my condemnation.

Or we just resort to basic sloganeering. It's essentially what SF and DUP want us to do as they are the big winners

This is a fair point. I said he was homophobic and that was due to his membership of the DUP. Maybe he himself isn't

imtommygunn

An apology has been issued for McKee's death and they won't shoot so indiscriminately again. Ah that's grand so >:(

MoChara

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 23, 2019, 09:59:52 AM
An apology has been issued for McKee's death and they won't shoot so indiscriminately again. Ah that's grand so >:(

ah now, be fair haven't we all killed someone by accident when we were trying to kill someone else.

Rossfan

Time they just disbanded and fckd off for themselves.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: BennyCake on April 21, 2019, 11:45:47 AMOf course, it seems like every Tam Dick and Harry in the whole country is in favour of gay rights and abortion. Which is complete bollix.

What's your issue with gay people having equal rights Benny???

BennyCake

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 23, 2019, 12:20:03 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on April 21, 2019, 11:45:47 AMOf course, it seems like every Tam Dick and Harry in the whole country is in favour of gay rights and abortion. Which is complete bollix.

I didn't say I have an issue. It's the impression that SF give on it though. That the whole country is for it and the only ones against it is a dozen or so DUP members, which is completely untrue. There are plenty against it, but you just don't hear them speak out about it.

Rossfan

Why are all those Nordies so against gay rights (which are human rights)?

playwiththewind1st

Cos you have to "Save Ulster From Sodomy".

BennyCake

Quote from: Rossfan on April 23, 2019, 01:37:47 PM

In Ireland's marriage referendum 4 years ago, 734,300 people voted against it. That's almost 38% of voters.

Like I said before, whether in the north or south, not everyone is in favour of gay rights/marriage.

Kidder81

Quote from: BennyCake on April 23, 2019, 02:03:45 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 23, 2019, 01:37:47 PM

In Ireland's marriage referendum 4 years ago, 734,300 people voted against it. That's almost 38% of voters.

Like I said before, whether in the north or south, not everyone is in favour of gay rights/marriage.

You just can't mention it in public or you would get lynched by the right on crowd and lose your job

Rossfan

So why do some people think gay people shouldn't have all human rights?

michaelg

Quote from: BennyCake on April 23, 2019, 01:36:18 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 23, 2019, 12:20:03 PM

I didn't say I have an issue. It's the impression that SF give on it though. That the whole country is for it and the only ones against it is a dozen or so DUP members, which is completely untrue. There are plenty against it, but you just don't hear them speak out about it.
Have any prominent SF members spoke out against marriage equality etc in the past?

smelmoth

Quote from: Itchy on April 21, 2019, 12:10:48 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on April 21, 2019, 11:44:46 AM
Quote from: Itchy on April 21, 2019, 10:00:54 AM
Quote from: smelmoth on April 21, 2019, 09:10:40 AM
Quote from: Itchy on April 21, 2019, 09:03:27 AM
Quote from: smelmoth on April 21, 2019, 08:30:30 AM
Quote from: seafoid on April 21, 2019, 07:48:42 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on April 21, 2019, 12:15:48 AM
Quote from: Sheugh Water on April 20, 2019, 07:01:12 PM
Sinn fein running around in big cars whilst they push welfare reforms through.
Going to get hit at ballot box in Derry

Sinn Féin have little choice but to reform welfare as that is the amount of money they have. The question should be, have they a plan to improve the economy to get people off welfare?

Quote from: Itchy on April 20, 2019, 10:02:10 PM
Why be pedantic. They are against rights for gay people. Call it what you will.

The oldest trick in the book to prevent debate. Come up with an all-encompassing label and if anyone disputes this call them pedantic. Hence if you oppose the Israeli government you are "anti-semitic", if you oppose Brexit you are "anti-British" etc.

Being in Government now is suboptimal. It's Berlin or London's way or it's the Shinners' way.
The Met Police in London had £850m of austerity cuts. The neoliberals even do it to law and order.
Sinn Féin will put the lotion on its skin unless it wants the hose again.

Any party that sees being in government during difficult times as suboptimal is not worth voting for. It's the antithesis of public service and leadership. It self serving cowardice

More nonsense. To be in government in the north needs both parties able to compromise. It's 100% clear that DUP have refused to compromise so by your logic in that case SF should just abandon their position and go into government anyway. And tell me then how will their core vote feel about them then, what sort of vacuum would it create and who might exploit that vacuum. Nonsensical post.

Which fig leaf are SF abstaining from government on? ILA or RHI? RHI will have washed through by Autumn at the latest. That leaves ILA. A fig leaf for both  parties to dodge responsibility. Each adopt extreme positions that the other can point to as unreasonable and we just sit around and wait. The people can only let this shower away it for so long. Or maybe you think it is sensible to sit and wait?

Ok, so let's SF just walk into to government tomorrow with no compromise. Tell me what happens next. Do the dissidents just vanish. There is no logic to what you say.

Did anybody claim that the dissidents would disappear?? What is your logic for even posing such a an incredible question???

SF have to set out something for the people of NI. Good luck to them if their long term strategy is simply to dodge decision making. Same applies to DUP

My logic is that quite a few have laid some blame at Sinn Fein door for what happened in Creggan, that what I was talking about in my first post.

Well at least we can agree that nobody said the dissidents would vanish.

The connection to SF is this. Dissidents prey on those who see no future for themselves. The electorally successful (but failing in the sense of achieving anything) political parties are in part to blame and SF are the one of the two party duocracy that would claim to represent the Creggan. Nothing earth shattering there