Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 29, 2018, 11:51:41 AM
Quote from: SuperHo on October 29, 2018, 11:41:27 AM
Aghyaran have nobody to blame but themselves. Quit yer crying.

Who would have thought after the Cavanagh assault Moy would have been the team to get Barton across the line.  All they needed to do was a Killyclogher and gift the points in order to save Aghyaran.

it also turns out that us beating kildress ironically has saved Strabane given the brawl between the 2 teams in the championship.

omagh_gael

Am I right in thinking the Div 2 playoffs will be:

Lough v Stewartstown (sneaked into 5th place on head to head with Augher)

Gortin v Dungannon

I'm assuming Lough and Gortin will have home advantage? Are these games down for this weekend?

Double D

Quote from: scout on October 29, 2018, 11:57:52 AM
Looking at the D2 relegation, you had Moortown, Urney, Strabane, Greencastle all in the mix and Kildress confirmed as a play-off spot.
All these teams (i think) have been in D1 as recently as 4 years ago. Quite a fall for these clubs to be fighting off junior football.

And sure look at Eskra scrapping to get out of Junior when it wasn't that long ago they were in Senior. Will be some catastrophe if they don't make it up paying a manager 10k +

GetOverTheBar

Serious tears this morning.

Almost like the prior 14 games were worth nothing to some men  ::)

giveherlong

Quote from: omagh_gael on October 29, 2018, 12:46:51 PM

Gortin v Dungannon

I'm assuming Lough and Gortin will have home advantage? Are these games down for this weekend?

Fixtures are out:

https://twitter.com/aodhanharkin/status/1056622549487050754?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Eios%7Ctwgr%5Ecom.apple.UIKit.activity.Message%7Ctwcon%5E7100%7Ctwterm%5E0

Delegater

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 29, 2018, 12:59:23 PM

No games should be fixed. The first or the last. Makes a mockery of a league and KC have let themselves down a bagful and it wont be forgotten for a long time round here.

Regarding Edendork, what else would you expect. Some value for money in a set up when they have to resort to threatening the CB before the final match even takes place knowing full well they were being gifted the points. Sneaky sneaky boys.

clarshack

Quote from: omagh_gael on October 29, 2018, 12:46:51 PM

Gortin v Dungannon

none of the above teams would have a chance against Pomeroy. they would have a chance though against Aghyaran at a neutral venue.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Delegater on October 29, 2018, 01:25:03 PM

No games should be fixed. The first or the last. Makes a mockery of a league and KC have let themselves down a bagful and it wont be forgotten for a long time round here.

Regarding Edendork, what else would you expect. Some value for money in a set up when they have to resort to threatening the CB before the final match even takes place knowing full well they were being gifted the points. Sneaky sneaky boys.

It's so obviously not right, I completely agree with you. But I don't see how the three teams at the bottom can have any complaints over the long term. They were all in the bottom 3 all year. None of them dramatically slipped down or fell at the last hurdle. They are the three worst teams if we are being honest.

trailer

Games being fixed is as old as the hills. I'm sure teams who didn't benefit this time, have benefited before. Hard to know what to do about it. Didn't Ardboe throw a league game before the championship? Finishing the league before the championship might not be the silver bullet everyone thinks it is.
Reserve leagues looks to be a dead duck. Every game in the last round conceded. This is worrying. If numbers dwindle that teams can't field reserve teams and the fixture mess keeps going, the whole thing could end up in the skip. 

Delegater

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 29, 2018, 01:42:31 PM
Quote from: Delegater on October 29, 2018, 01:25:03 PM

It's so obviously not right, I completely agree with you. But I don't see how the three teams at the bottom can have any complaints over the long term. They were all in the bottom 3 all year. None of them dramatically slipped down or fell at the last hurdle. They are the three worst teams if we are being honest.

I disagree. Aghyaran for example would have looked a t the fixture list, seen they had a winnable game on the final day and one of the teams around their level had a supposed big team in KC. How were they to know that KC were going to gift points. KC should be ashamed of themselves. Edendork also.

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: trailer on October 29, 2018, 02:21:44 PM
Games being fixed is as old as the hills. I'm sure teams who didn't benefit this time, have benefited before. Hard to know what to do about it. Didn't Ardboe throw a league game before the championship? Finishing the league before the championship might not be the silver bullet everyone thinks it is.
Reserve leagues looks to be a dead duck. Every game in the last round conceded. This is worrying. If numbers dwindle that teams can't field reserve teams and the fixture mess keeps going, the whole thing could end up in the skip.

Not entirely accurate - Augher and Owen Roes played both games yesterday - credit to Owen Roes for travelling with two teams when both teams had nothing to play for.  Also a pretty hard hitting competitive Senior game for a dead rubber.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Localexpert

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 29, 2018, 11:10:35 AM
Quote from: Delegater on October 29, 2018, 10:50:03 AM
Club Chairman: "We are on the lookout for a manager, you come highly recommended. You guided your county to successive relegations, have took some of the biggest clubs throughout Ulster winning diddly squat, you are looking over £25k, what can you bring to our club that will help not only this team but the club as whole?"

Well travelled manager "Well I will get the team playing like thugs, we will start rows at every opportunity. If that doesn't work I have enough contacts to get onto other teams to get points threw to us. I will get a solicitor involved with the team, anyone criticises me or the club will get a letter. The CB will get a letter telling them their rules for relegation are challengeable."

Club Chairman: "Hired!"

;D ;D ;D ;D

Young Barton - Hes a complete con man that gets paid a fortune for doing sweet FA.  Fair play to him he keeps finding fools with cash to throw at him.  Be interesting to see will the dork keep him on another year after the unbelievable success he delivered on the last day of the season.

Careful now.... when I was keeping edendork going there were men on here losing the plot.  I also received a  solicitors cease and desist letter from them  ::)

On a side note what way are these money men taking money from clubs these days is it on a yearly salary or by session?  I'd imagine Barton would know edendork would bend the knee too readily to win the championship so would go for a fixed salary whereas that mercenary from fermanagh would probably go by session as they'd have a chance of playing Ulster club so more chance for more sessions and to throw in a few extra Sunday sessions.

Either way do they still collect their "expenses" for the last week "volunteering" their time to the GAA?

TyroneOnlooker

Reserve football is dead unless something radically different is done. I'm not sure what the answer is to be honest. I don't think playing on separate days is better like they do in Down. It would actually increase the burden and commitment of your 6 or 7 reserve players who make up the bench for senior games because they'd have to play Friday night for example and then turn up for seniors on Sunday as well. It also splits club resources/support if for example reserves played on Friday and seniors trained.

All I know is that every year it seems harder and harder to get reserves to commit to it particularly because 1.there's no guaranteed matches, 2.we go large parts of the summer without a match and 3.commitment levels are increasing across the board.

Not sure where to go with it.

The Godfather

Saw a heated debate on Twitter last night between Greencastle and Moortown posters.

Seemed to be a debate about length of added time.

Healyhellraiser still around to enlighten us? Or anyone else aware of what happened.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Thastheball on October 29, 2018, 03:38:54 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on October 29, 2018, 02:52:31 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 29, 2018, 11:10:35 AM
Quote from: Delegater on October 29, 2018, 10:50:03 AM
Club Chairman: "We are on the lookout for a manager, you come highly recommended. You guided your county to successive relegations, have took some of the biggest clubs throughout Ulster winning diddly squat, you are looking over £25k, what can you bring to our club that will help not only this team but the club as whole?"

Well travelled manager "Well I will get the team playing like thugs, we will start rows at every opportunity. If that doesn't work I have enough contacts to get onto other teams to get points threw to us. I will get a solicitor involved with the team, anyone criticises me or the club will get a letter. The CB will get a letter telling them their rules for relegation are challengeable."

Club Chairman: "Hired!"

;D ;D ;D ;D

Young Barton - Hes a complete con man that gets paid a fortune for doing sweet FA.  Fair play to him he keeps finding fools with cash to throw at him.  Be interesting to see will the dork keep him on another year after the unbelievable success he delivered on the last day of the season.

Careful now.... when I was keeping edendork going there were men on here losing the plot.  I also received a  solicitors cease and desist letter from them  ::)

On a side note what way are these money men taking money from clubs these days is it on a yearly salary or by session?  I'd imagine Barton would know edendork would bend the knee too readily to win the championship so would go for a fixed salary whereas that mercenary from fermanagh would probably go by session as they'd have a chance of playing Ulster club so more chance for more sessions and to throw in a few extra Sunday sessions.

Either way do they still collect their "expenses" for the last week "volunteering" their time to the GAA?

Can I make a suggestion, you should go and ask your chairman what he organised with your last few managers. He will b able to give the details that your after

The local expert has bigger problems from what I hear - men are going through each others phones in the island looking him.

The net closes....I think his Soviet friend knows his identity.