Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

I know stew, I don't intend to ever be in their house again. 
The difficulty is she could be crying to one of us about something the tube has called her or done before the week is out.  She was never like that before she met him so I blame him, the ****.

I don't intend to talk to her about it, it's very hard to say "you got everyone only me a Christmas present" without sounding like a child  :-\
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

stew

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 26, 2007, 06:22:53 PM
The difficulty is she could be crying to one of us about something the tube has called her or done before the week is out.  She was never like that before she met him so I blame him, the ****.

I don't intend to talk to her about it, it's very hard to say "you got everyone only me a Christmas present" without sounding like a child  :-\

Well you better talk to her about it because sooner or later it will rear its ugly head, next Christmas for example would be a bad time for you to say you were not showing up and when asked why what are you going to say? you will look very petty at that point.

She is your sister and should carry a lot of the blame also, she is a grown woman who should have got you a gift despite what the dickhead said and she should shoulder a lot of the blame. You wouldnt want anything from the tube anyway would you?

get it sorted. Take her for a cup of tea somewhere and just tell her how it made you feel without making her feel like she is being attacked. I hope you say something and get it fixed otherwise it will eat at you.

My brother in law was to buy my business in the point, I paid for him to train to take over and I paid his travelling expenses for a few weeks to get him ready. He had six months to pay me the initial part of the deal and was then going to pay me weekly for the next five years, i gave him and the sister a brilliant deal and i warned him that I wanted no messing about and that I needed the money by a certain date at a certain time as we were emigrating. Despite numerous warnings he called me the morning of the deadline and announced that he could not get the money because the bank was closed a half day and that he would bring it up the next day. I told him that if he showed up at 12:01 PM he could turn around as I would not sell him the business. i called him and told him that the sale was off because he had been well warned and i knew i would get messed about and as we were emigrating I couldnt afford to get messed around.

We never spoke for three years and that includes my parents who took his side. I didnt want to sell to family but they really wanted it but they were messing me and my family about and i wasnt having it. The business got sold to the assistant bank manager in the northern bank and I moved on. The mistake I made was doing business with family, I had a feeling he would yank my chain and I was right but we then wasted three years of our lives by being bitter. We are fine now, we sorted it out and have moved on but we are not as close as we once were. i hope that does not happen to you pog, I really do.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

pintsofguinness

She is your sister and should carry a lot of the blame also, she is a grown woman who should have got you a gift despite what the dickhead said and she should shoulder a lot of the blame. You wouldnt want anything from the tube anyway would you?

I don't care about getting anything it's the principle of it and the fact that she'd no trouble handing everyone else something, and as you said, knowing it would would offend me.

My brother in law was to buy my business in the point, I paid for him to train to take over and I paid his travelling expenses for a few weeks to get him ready. He had six months to pay me the initial part of the deal and was then going to pay me weekly for the next five years, i gave him and the sister a brilliant deal and i warned him that I wanted no messing about and that I needed the money by a certain date at a certain time as we were emigrating. Despite numerous warnings he called me the morning of the deadline and announced that he could not get the money because the bank was closed a half day and that he would bring it up the next day. I told him that if he showed up at 12:01 PM he could turn around as I would not sell him the business. i called him and told him that the sale was off because he had been well warned and i knew i would get messed about and as we were emigrating I couldnt afford to get messed around.

We never spoke for three years and that includes my parents who took his side. I didnt want to sell to family but they really wanted it but they were messing me and my family about and i wasnt having it. The business got sold to the assistant bank manager in the northern bank and I moved on. The mistake I made was doing business with family, I had a feeling he would yank my chain and I was right but we then wasted three years of our lives by being bitter. We are fine now, we sorted it out and have moved on but we are not as close as we once were. i hope that does not happen to you pog, I really do.

Working or being in business or anything of that nature with family is just a recipe for disaster.

stew

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 26, 2007, 06:58:37 PM

I don't care about getting anything it's the principle of it and the fact that she'd no trouble handing everyone else something, and as you said, knowing it would would offend me.

Working or being in business or anything of that nature with family is just a recipe for disaster.

It is that pog. it is that.

Puckoon

Tyrones own

Ah sure us yanks'll take a bit of attention anyway we get it Puck :D
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Puckoon on December 27, 2007, 12:29:25 AM
Guy who drove miniavan into the news broadcasting office wanted to get on TV. :D

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/712808,CST-NWS-tvcrash26.article

I was watching that live when it happened, Channel 7 ABC news here  in Chicago. The look on the newsmans face was priceless.
The driver has mental problems (obv.) and a couple of family members died recently and sent him over the edge.

The newscast continued with the car half way into the newsroom.

There is a video of it on the internet somewhere.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: stew on December 26, 2007, 06:48:52 PM

Well you better talk to her about it because sooner or later it will rear its ugly head, next Christmas for example would be a bad time for you to say you were not showing up and when asked why what are you going to say? you will look very petty at that point.

get it sorted. Take her for a cup of tea somewhere and just tell her how it made you feel without making her feel like she is being attacked. I hope you say something and get it fixed otherwise it will eat at you.

This coupled with de Staff party story makes it hard to believe that u find so much fault with Keane and his actions over the years. I'd have both of ye down as very principled individuals...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

stew

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on December 27, 2007, 04:55:54 PM
Quote from: stew on December 26, 2007, 06:48:52 PM

This coupled with de Staff party story makes it hard to believe that u find so much fault with Keane and his actions over the years. I'd have both of ye down as very principled individuals...

WE are aye. Thanks for noticing .

Croí na hÉireann

Things that make u go "What the F**k"???

The previous comment...  :o :o :o

Edit: Nice edit stew
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

pintsofguinness

I've decided to do nothing because she's the type that would get thick very quickly and make one wee comment from me into a massive issue and run to the rest of the family with a story about big bad me, it would just cause more annoyance than it's worth.

FL/MAYO

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 27, 2007, 09:35:40 PM
I've decided to do nothing because she's the type that would get thick very quickly and make one wee comment from me into a massive issue and run to the rest of the family with a story about big bad me, it would just cause more annoyance than it's worth.

You sound very alike, one of you will need to compromise or things are going to get alot worse. It sounds like your brother in law is going to be the winner in all this, you don't want that do you?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: FL/MAYO on December 27, 2007, 09:57:45 PM

You sound very alike, one of you will need to compromise or things are going to get alot worse. It sounds like your brother in law is going to be the winner in all this, you don't weant that do you?
;D I knew someone was going to say that.  No, we're not alike at all.  Yon tube would be delighted if she cut her ties with her family.  She's already gone from speaking to me almost every day to us maybe speaking once every two months - this has been the same with the rest of family.  That manipulative **** would love us to fall out, then she'd have no one to talk to about his name calling and eratic behaviour which is what we don't want.

FL/MAYO

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 27, 2007, 10:10:49 PM
Quote from: FL/MAYO on December 27, 2007, 09:57:45 PM

You sound very alike, one of you will need to compromise or things are going to get alot worse. It sounds like your brother in law is going to be the winner in all this, you don't weant that do you?
;D I knew someone was going to say that.  No, we're not alike at all.  Yon tube would be delighted if she cut her ties with her family.  She's already gone from speaking to me almost every day to us maybe speaking once every two months - this has been the same with the rest of family.  That manipulative **** would love us to fall out, then she'd have no one to talk to about his name calling and eratic behaviour which is what we don't want.

Well don't let the fcuker get his way, she will eventually come to her senses, you do not want to have burned your bridges with her when that happens, Just be patient your day will come then put the squeeze on the fcuker, stick a wedge between them when you get your chance. Sounds like a manipulative p***k.

pintsofguinness

QuoteWell don't let the fcuker get his way, she will eventually come to her senses, you do not want to have burned your bridges with her when that happens, Just be patient your day will come then put the squeeze on the fcuker, stick a wedge between them when you get your chance. Sounds like a manipulative p***k.

Exactly.