Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

I suppose I should have read the whole thread! I still think he's out on a dangerous limb, all alone, if he pursues this without very detailed advice and support from HR.

lynchbhoy

stew,
you have to allow HR to make the ruling on this.
To preserve your own career and maintan your professionalism , you had to follow this up once it was seen.
The guy signed his own resignation the moment he started fondling the woman.
that he has a wife and kids just adds to his stupidity.
You cannot legislate for people and their actions sometimes.
Rules are rules and the employees dont have a leg to stand on in the US.
As you have already found out, one of the witnesses was unhappy with his inappropriate behaviour.
This would only fester and would ultimately have lead to problems for yourself later on.
By nipping this problem in the bud now, your employees see you wil deal with any indiscretions immediately.

Sad that he was a friend and also she was a liked employee, but work is work. If you ignored this , you are party to the crime and also not doing the job you are paid for.
It obv isnt easy, but you have done the right thing by addressing it and handing it over to HR to make the call.

Similar situation happened just over a year ago here, my wife witnessed her boss (the GM) 'behaving inappropriately' with one of her staff. It got messy. She was vindicated , but eventually a few months later left. He got a sever dressing down and was effectively drummed out of his position in a company re-org.
married man with 4 kids. If I see him out and get a chance, I'll still make him sorry for upsetting the missus.

You just have to deal with these situations in aprofessional manner .You did. Its obv hard though. I've only ever had to sack one. The others I made leave by taking themout of their comfort zones and having them work!

maddog

The air head temp on our desk going on about christmas presents. No 1 on her list is the cats christmas present. She is talking right now about wrapping the presents for the f**king cat.

downredblack

Quote from: maddog on November 20, 2007, 01:06:06 PM
The air head temp on our desk going on about christmas presents. No 1 on her list is the cats christmas present. She is talking right now about wrapping the presents for the f**king cat.

God help her .

mannix

Watching two Parisian police doing over the ton in the pissing rain on motorcycles down a main thoroughfare where people pull out without looking even in the dry.
Unreal, I watched with my jaw on the ground at this deathwish.

A women is gang raped and gets jail and 200 lashes for complaining about the sentence.
Her lawyer is also banned from practising.
Meanwhile the men can walk away.
WTF?

pintsofguinness

I said Wtf (between roars of laughter) there now when I got an email from a hotmail account which finishes something like this...

Joe Bloggs
Technology and Design Teacher
*********  High School
:D

The same boy is some craic, every single conversation I've had with him (about 5) he's told me what him and the wife do   ::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

stew

My flight is delayed so here is the conclusion.

First off I have fired 24 people in eight years for reasons such as non performance, sexual harassment and one clown was smoking blow on his lunch hour. I know the inner workings of HR very well and know what I am supposed to do but I have learned that if you were to follow the letter of the law every time you would have nobody left to lead.

I spoke with the girl involved, I know her very well indeed, she is a young woman I worked with twelve years ago when I got to the states and she has followed me into three different companies, she knows my wife and kids very well and has asked me to walk her down the aisle next year when she gets married.

I spoke with her this morning and told her the implications of her decisions, I told her that i have ben accused of lying by my sales manager, her friend Scott and that she knows I wasnt lying. I also told her that in essence she has decided to back him even though she knows he is in the wrong and that she is calling me a liar by her refusal to do the right thing and that she is now as guilty in my eyes as he is and that I have contacted HR and that there is an investigation starting this morning.

I am very disappointed in her, she knows this and she told me that she doesnt want to have to choose sides which is why she sat on the fence, I  told her that she made me out to be a liar, that she warned Scott that this was coming and that if nothing else she would be leaving my region because her position with me is untenable and I asked her to resign, she refused, cried and I toldher that if she was allowed to stay with the organization she would need t transfer out of my region which she is willing to do.

At this point she broke down, cried and apologized profusely and said she didnt think of the situation in the way i did and that she knows he did wrong, I went back to the fact that she backed him and the decision stood and gave her until December15th to get out of my area, she is willing to move to Illinois apparently.

I am done with both of them, I will e made to look like the bad guy and i cant talk about why this all happened but the staff will know as soon as the decision to clip himgoes down because he groped the fcuk out of a girl that reports directly to him, I know thi is out of character for both of them but fcuk them both, I am many things but a liar I am not.

So here I sit, about to feck off for twelve days while this goes down, I would rather be in the middle of it to make sure that it gets done right but I am sure my cell will be red hot and I will get the result i want. As i typed this up she sent me a text apologizing up and down and wants me to reconsider, there is not a chance in hell, I am bitter about this and I am going to nail the hoors arse to the floor.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 20, 2007, 10:32:22 AM
stew,
you have to allow HR to make the ruling on this.
To preserve your own career and maintan your professionalism , you had to follow this up once it was seen.
The guy signed his own resignation the moment he started fondling the woman.
that he has a wife and kids just adds to his stupidity.
You cannot legislate for people and their actions sometimes.
Rules are rules and the employees dont have a leg to stand on in the US.
As you have already found out, one of the witnesses was unhappy with his inappropriate behaviour.
This would only fester and would ultimately have lead to problems for yourself later on.
By nipping this problem in the bud now, your employees see you wil deal with any indiscretions immediately.

Sad that he was a friend and also she was a liked employee, but work is work. If you ignored this , you are party to the crime and also not doing the job you are paid for.
It obv isnt easy, but you have done the right thing by addressing it and handing it over to HR to make the call.

Similar situation happened just over a year ago here, my wife witnessed her boss (the GM) 'behaving inappropriately' with one of her staff. It got messy. She was vindicated , but eventually a few months later left. He got a sever dressing down and was effectively drummed out of his position in a company re-org.
married man with 4 kids. If I see him out and get a chance, I'll still make him sorry for upsetting the missus.

You just have to deal with these situations in aprofessional manner .You did. Its obv hard though. I've only ever had to sack one. The others I made leave by taking themout of their comfort zones and having them work!

Lynchboy, dont touch the hoor, it is not worth it, he will end up fleecing you in court but if you have to do him slap an aul balaclava on yer head and make sure he doesnt know for sure it is you. :)

full back

Quote from: stew on November 20, 2007, 02:30:05 PM
she knows my wife and kids very well and has asked me to walk her down the aisle next year when she gets married.

So the guy involved is married & the girl involved is due to be married?
What is it you are running stew, a fecking swingers joint?

theskull1

Quote from: stew on November 20, 2007, 02:30:05 PM
My flight is delayed so here is the conclusion.

First off I have fired 24 people in eight years for reasons such as non performance, sexual harassment and one clown was smoking blow on his lunch hour. I know the inner workings of HR very well and know what I am supposed to do but I have learned that if you were to follow the letter of the law every time you would have nobody left to lead.

I spoke with the girl involved, I know her very well indeed, she is a young woman I worked with twelve years ago when I got to the states and she has followed me into three different companies, she knows my wife and kids very well and has asked me to walk her down the aisle next year when she gets married.

I spoke with her this morning and told her the implications of her decisions, I told her that i have ben accused of lying by my sales manager, her friend Scott and that she knows I wasnt lying. I also told her that in essence she has decided to back him even though she knows he is in the wrong and that she is calling me a liar by her refusal to do the right thing and that she is now as guilty in my eyes as he is and that I have contacted HR and that there is an investigation starting this morning.

I am very disappointed in her, she knows this and she told me that she doesnt want to have to choose sides which is why she sat on the fence, I  told her that she made me out to be a liar, that she warned Scott that this was coming and that if nothing else she would be leaving my region because her position with me is untenable and I asked her to resign, she refused, cried and I toldher that if she was allowed to stay with the organization she would need t transfer out of my region which she is willing to do.

At this point she broke down, cried and apologized profusely and said she didnt think of the situation in the way i did and that she knows he did wrong, I went back to the fact that she backed him and the decision stood and gave her until December15th to get out of my area, she is willing to move to Illinois apparently.

I am done with both of them, I will e made to look like the bad guy and i cant talk about why this all happened but the staff will know as soon as the decision to clip himgoes down because he groped the fcuk out of a girl that reports directly to him, I know thi is out of character for both of them but fcuk them both, I am many things but a liar I am not.

So here I sit, about to feck off for twelve days while this goes down, I would rather be in the middle of it to make sure that it gets done right but I am sure my cell will be red hot and I will get the result i want. As i typed this up she sent me a text apologizing up and down and wants me to reconsider, there is not a chance in hell, I am bitter about this and I am going to nail the hoors arse to the floor.

I was with you in the outset stew, but now you come across as a bully. Someone who is not willing to give evidence because of their friendly relationship with the guilty party is not calling you a liar. Nobody messes with you tough guy.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Hurler on the Bitch

Hello - it's me Hurler on the Bitch! I've been away for a few weeks ... wee operation went wrong ... let's just say the surgeon missed and got the sack!!! (or sac?) anyway my What the f**k moment..!! At Queen's in 1990 the grant system could be mingled with the benefits system and further abused by the paramilitary system... So there's me producing a false letter to the Bursar saying that the 'Bon Jovies' (IRA) had told me to get out of Andytown for upsetting someone in Sinn Fein.. Okay in comes the DHSS - living away from home grant ... QUB hardship fund (f**kers ARE STILL CHASING ME) ... a covenant from my da (lied to the tax he gave me £1000 and they paid me £270 rebate on top of it) and working in a bar on top of that.. .. I was - as they say - f**king loaded!! However my mate Aidan (real name) topped that .. he got a dodgy doc to say that he had acquired a form of pubic lice in Morocco that posed a serious threat to public health!!! Letter to the Eastern Health Board and the brew and Bingo! a £7 per week underwear grant ... i.e. the lice eggs were so dangerous that in necessitated him burning his Y-fronts each night on an open fire to stop the lice spreading... Did he by f**k? f**ker wore them for a week at a time - he smelt like a bricklayer's sweaty shuck after a weekend bender!!!!

Gabriel_Hurl

Stew - that video on your phone - send it up to me, will ya?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'll be able to give an impartial view on the whole thing.

full back

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on November 20, 2007, 02:52:54 PM
However my mate Aidan (real name) topped that .. he got a dodgy doc to say that he had acquired a form of pubic lice in Morocco that posed a serious threat to public health!!! Letter to the Eastern Health Board and the brew and Bingo! a £7 per week underwear grant ... i.e. the lice eggs were so dangerous that in necessitated him burning his Y-fronts each night on an open fire to stop the lice spreading... Did he by f**k? f**ker wore them for a week at a time - he smelt like a bricklayer's sweaty shuck after a weekend bender!!!!

At least come up with something original hurler ::)

stew

[/quote]

I was with you in the outset stew, but now you come across as a bully. Someone who is not willing to give evidence because of their friendly relationship with the guilty party is not calling you a liar. Nobody messes with you tough guy.
[/quote]

Skull this has nothing to do with me being tough or that nobody messes with me. I know these two very well, brought them into the organization knowing they would do a fine job and they  fcuked me even though both know I am right and what I said happened did in fact happened. They are calling me a liar collectively and that is grossly unfair.  I have helped these two a lot in my time and they have both been promoted under me because they did a great job. I am taking this personally because it is personal and I am not prepared to work with either of them anymore.

Skull I didnt understand that you dont get this, she is calling me a liar, he is done and she is moving on to a different department. Put yourself in my shoes, iamgine you were in this situation with two people you trusted and worked with............. now imagine this scenario happened to you, you would take it personally just like i did. I could have handled it if he had admitted he did it but instead he denied it, said it was on me to prove he did it and he called me a liar and she backed his play. I dont want either of them reporting to me and neither would you.

maddog

Quote from: stew on November 20, 2007, 03:11:17 PM

[/quote]

Skull this has nothing to do with me being tough or that nobody messes with me. I know these two very well, brought them into the organization knowing they would do a fine job and they  fcuked me even though both know I am right and what I said happened did in fact happened. They are calling me a liar collectively and that is grossly unfair.  I have helped these two a lot in my time and they have both been promoted under me because they did a great job. I am taking this personally because it is personal and I am not prepared to work with either of them anymore.

Skull I didnt understand that you dont get this, she is calling me a liar, he is done and she is moving on to a different department. Put yourself in my shoes, iamgine you were in this situation with two people you trusted and worked with............. now imagine this scenario happened to you, you would take it personally just like i did. I could have handled it if he had admitted he did it but instead he denied it, said it was on me to prove he did it and he called me a liar and she backed his play. I dont want either of them reporting to me and neither would you.
[/quote]

And you would be 100% right Stew.