McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westside

Be interested to see if Tyrone can claw back a 10 point deficit. I'm sure they won't want to lose this game regardless of the circumstances. 

Armagh18

Quote from: Westside on January 11, 2022, 08:58:45 PM
Be interested to see if Tyrone can claw back a 10 point deficit. I'm sure they won't want to lose this game regardless of the circumstances.
I'm sure they arent too worried. Probably still drunk from America.

tyrone08

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 11, 2022, 09:09:34 PM
Quote from: Westside on January 11, 2022, 08:58:45 PM
I'm sure they arent too worried. Probably still drunk from America.

Think they only got back on Sunday but its worse than I expected lol. Cavan were always going to be up for it.

RedHand88

Not many of the america ones lined out tonight.

Itchy

Jaysus Tyrone were cat.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

We know from last season that the current Tyrone management like a good hammering from one of the traditional powers of the game to kick start their season so tonight was ideal  :D.

Hard perhaps for so many young players to come into the team at the same time and would be easier if there had been a few more experienced heads around them, but ultimately none of them took their chance tonight. I'd expect a very different side at the weekend.

Absolute mismatch but Cavan were good and still chasing and pressing the Tyrone men deep into injury time.

Captain Obvious

Westside

Cavan had a Championship strength team out, fired up and with a decent bit of training done already. Tyrone just home from holidays, no work done and a shell of a team out. Happy with the win but Cavan will get far tougher tests in Division 4.

Itchy

Quote from: Westside on January 11, 2022, 10:05:44 PM
Cavan had a Championship strength team out, fired up and with a decent bit of training done already. Tyrone just home from holidays, no work done and a shell of a team out. Happy with the win but Cavan will get far tougher tests in Division 4.

Westside, you are mad to convince yourself there are brilliant teams in Div 4!

rodney trotter

Division 4 teams won't be coming back from a piss up in America.  They obviously won't be brilliant but will play with a lot more hunger then tonight.

Leitrim in Carrick will be up for Cavan

Westside

Quote from: Itchy on January 11, 2022, 10:13:08 PM
Quote from: Westside on January 11, 2022, 10:05:44 PM

Westside, you are mad to convince yourself there are brilliant teams in Div 4!

In fairness we will undoubtedly get tougher games than what Tyrone provided tonight. Which isn't a high bar.

And yes I may lowering my own expectations after the shit show of 2021.  ;D

full moon

Still an impressive win by a Division 4 side over the All Ireland Champions. Tyrone had McGeary, Hampsey, Harte, McCurry and Meyler playing and a few other starters.

clarshack

Some win for Cavan. Was Larry Reilly playing?

greatpoint

Quote from: full moon on January 11, 2022, 10:46:21 PM
Still an impressive win by a Division 4 side over the All Ireland Champions. Tyrone had McGeary, Hampsey, Harte, McCurry and Meyler playing and a few other starters.

Didn't realise they'd so many of the All-Ireland team playing, Christ.

PMG1

12 of the 15 Tyrone starters were on the All Ireland panel last year, with Meyler, Kilpatrick and McKernan coming on also