Which soap opera pub would you most like to have a pint in?

Started by Rav67, October 25, 2007, 12:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which soap opera pub would you most like to have a pint in?

Scarlet Bar (Neighbours)
4 (13.8%)
Woolpack (Emmerdale)
7 (24.1%)
Queen Vic (Eastenders)
3 (10.3%)
The Dog (Hollyoaks)
11 (37.9%)
Rover's Return (Coronation St)
4 (13.8%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: October 31, 2007, 11:00:15 AM

Rav67

Ridiculously good talent in Scarlet Bar but there never seems to be anybody getting blocked.  I'd probably plump for the Queen Vic if only to have a pint with Patrick and Jim and try the hand with Stacey, and when you get knocked back there's always Pat Butcher.

his holiness nb

Ah but theres always a chance of a row in the Vic.
Doesnt happen in the Rovers for some reason.
Plus you have them nice we cubicles in the Rovers and the new kebab shop just outside!
Ask me holy bollix

ziggysego

The Woolpack. Good country folk and you'd have a laugh with the Dingles.
Testing Accessibility

the Deel Rover

i know its not mentioned and i know its not a soap opera but i 'd like to go to BadaBings in the soprano's seems like a nice friendly bar where everyone knows your name ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Candyman

Id have to go for the Dog in Hollyoakes althought the tasties in the SU bar are something else... ;)

stpauls

would have to agree with Candyman, the talent in there is unreal, especially the MILF that is married to Jack!

Drumanee 1

Bensars

quit yo jibbajabba

i know it wasnt a soap opera, and im showin me age here, but surely Cheers has to get an honourable mention too......

NORM!!!!

Driver long

What a thread! Can see this one running! Each has their own particular points of appeal!

The Queen Vic would be great for getting a rattle at a few dirty weemin. Between those two muck bags behind the bar, Stacey, that Mechanic and the best of the bunch - Dirtbag Dawn - you'd not be short on options at the end of the night.  Could see myself drinking a few pints of unspecific with Jim and Patrick alright, washed down with a few rum chasers then off to Beales for a fish supper before bailing into whatever bird i'd picked up.

Rovers would be grand for a pint at lunchtime.  The factory crew would be in necking a few (before they head back to their machines!) and Betty's Hot pot looks the ticket.  theres also not much competition for the fancy pieces now that the great Charlie Stubbs has left us.

Scarlet Bar though would be my preference.  I could just imagine sitting in their checking out the ample local talent and discussing some of my favourite Drew Kirk (RIP) stories.  The only drawback are the half pints and the fact that with the Doc and Robbo around it would be pretty hard to score!

Candyman

what about the pub in Glenroe??? some spot hi...  ;)
www.bebo.com/wellholeygod

oneillcup2007

Coyote Ugly bar!!

ok not a soap opera - but plenty of suds!!!

T Fearon

What about the Galley in Carrickstown? Has to be a better bet than Mc Coys nowadays?

Also it is possible to have a drink in the real life pub that was used in Glenroe. Molly Malone's in Kilcoole, outside Greystones

the Deel Rover

Mo's bar in the simpsons,just to meet homer there and see where he gets his horse racing tips ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001