Skimmed Milk

Started by IrishKid, October 24, 2007, 10:22:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrishKid

If its for real it will kill all those sports drinks.

his holiness nb

Not unless they package the milk differently.
Ask me holy bollix

take_yer_points

DirtyDozen12,

If you have a car the gym out at Jordanstown Uni to do good price. Its £50 for the year for non-students and then £2 every time you use the fitness suite. Its handy for me cause I'm out there twice a week for evening classes.

Only thing is they don't have a swimming pool but the gym is top class - just been done up this summer.

My mate is a member in the Spirit one above the Holiday Inn. He says its good too. Paying about £35 a month I think and only had to sign up for 6 months.

DirtyDozen12

Only thing is TYP, it is not very busy out at Jordanstown...dont like having to wait about on machines and weights...also there also the embarressemnt of trying to lift weights your not fit for and making an arse of yourself in front of a crowd of people   :D
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

take_yer_points

Its not too bad at all I think - from 4 to 5.30 or so on a Monday and Wednesday is my time.

The bonus thing is that when it does get a bit busy there's always a few young females to have a look at!!  ;)

his holiness nb

Dirty Dozen / Take yer points, unless yer sipping skimmed milk on the way home from the gym feck off out of this thread :P
Ask me holy bollix

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: his holiness nb on October 24, 2007, 01:55:12 PM
Dirty Dozen / Take yer points, unless yer sipping skimmed milk on the way home from the gym feck off out of this thread :P

Jeez, never known someone to get so touchy about the white stuff  :P.  Just for you his holiness and to get this thread back on the proper topic...enjoy my friend!!!

For the record, skimmed milk sucks...its as viscous as water >:( 

The way i see it fat = taste

stpauls

shit, just realised it was skimmed that we were talking about, not semi skimmed!! oops! i will not be using that method of hydration, my own piss would probably taste better!!

Puckoon

sourced from International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism

Common sports drinks such as Gatorade supply those carbs, as well as fluids and electrolytes lost through sweat. However, more recent research suggests that adding protein to the mix may further hasten recovery. Hence the new wave of drinks such as Endurox R4 that include protein as well as higher doses of carbs.

In the study, nine male cyclists rode until their muscles were depleted of energy, then rested four hours and biked again until exhaustion. During the rest period, the cyclists drank low-fat chocolate milk, Gatorade, or Endurox R4. During a second round of exercise, the cyclists who drank the chocolate milk were able to bike about 50% longer than those who drank Endurox, and about as long as those who drank the Gatorade.

The findings suggest that chocolate milk has an optimal ratio of carbohydrates to protein to help refuel tired muscles, according to researcher Joel M. Stager, PhD, Indiana University kinesiology professor

stpauls

i think i'll go for that instead, cheers puckoon! will have to remember to stop at tesco's on the way home. ;D

Jinxy

Remember it has to be skimmed-chocolate milk though. ;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Puckoon

Breakfast of champions:

Breakfast of champion puckoon:

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: Gnevin on October 24, 2007, 04:45:18 PM
Skimmed is 1% fat ?

Sometimes even less:

Skimmed milk
This is the one for people who are following a low-fat diet, as only a trace (0.3 per cent) remains. Even so, skimmed milk is still highly nutritious and is an excellent source of calcium, and contains everything that whole and semi-skimmed milk has but without the fat. It can be used in all recipes requiring milk, but obviously won't give the same degree of creaminess.

I dont know why people would drink this piss when it has all the same quailties as whole milk, whihc is much more tasty  :)

Puckoon

Quote from: Gnevin on October 24, 2007, 04:45:18 PM
Skimmed is 1% fat ?

Over here skimmed milk is 0% fat. 1% fat is what I drink. Whole milk over here is 2%.